Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remarkable how fast things change. As they say "the virus takes the escalator up and the stairs down".

Fully expect Disney to alter reopening. What does that mean? I don't know, but they can't operate under the perception of keeping guests (families) safe while refusing to acknowledge the pandemic happening around its borders.

I'm sure this was already mentioned since I'm like 25 pages behind, but Disney is now blaming y'all for the IT issues this week. Their system was fine, it was user-error. :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

For a "user-error" statement to make sense, Disney IT would need to prove that they know how to design software for end users. As with many Disney IT changes, it fails on that benchmark.

My opinion is there will be masks well into 2021, and as much as it kills me to say it hopping is out all this year and possibly all the way into the spring. I would not expect any parties or normal holiday happenings this year - other than decorations. I'll predict now that Festival of the Arts may eventually come under the chopping block - outside of food/drink offerings. I don't see cultural CMs being back until next year - how far into next year is the real question.

Seems some states felt really left out they never got a proper first wave so they are making up for it now.

ETA: I always try to "plan for the worse and hope for the best". Hard to do when the bar being set for worse keeps lowering.
Even if the requirement for masks is dropped, I would still be wearing one throughout 2021 if there are still confirmed cases in the country. Why risk it? People in orlando right now are proving masks in FL in mid summer is doable.

As it stands right now we would be required to isolate for 14 days coming back per my state executive order.
Per the mandate the alternative is getting tested within 72 hours of our return and isolate from time of arrival until you get negative tests...I have made tentative arrangements to do that and my workplace in on board with the plan.
It is really not so hard to comply with the rules so we can go to Disney. I feel lucky that there are options to go.
but you would still need FL to lift the 14 day quarantine on NY NJ and CT right?

a lot can change in 2 months. I wouldn't worry yet.

I agree. NY is living proof. Two months ago the only sound in the street was from sirens blaring. Right now I’m eating lunch at the waterfront and people are sitting outside the restaurants. Our city is slowly coming back to life after suffering unspeakable horror because we hunkered down and did our part.

As I just mentioned in another thread, DVC is what is keeping Disney open or should I say keeping the DVC resorts open right now.

With NBA and MLS coming to Disney, legally the DVC resorts MUST remain open. Now the parks opening I guess could get delayed, but the DVC resorts that have opened already WILL NOT shutdown as long as NBA and MLS are on property.

As it stands right now we would be required to isolate for 14 days coming back per my state executive order.
Per the mandate the alternative is getting tested within 72 hours of our return and isolate from time of arrival until you get negative tests...I have made tentative arrangements to do that and my workplace in on board with the plan.
It is really not so hard to comply with the rules so we can go to Disney. I feel lucky that there are options to go.

Huh? So you can avoid quarantine for 14 days by having a negative test at 72 hrs, even though the incubation period is up to 14 days (hence the quarantine length)

Which state is that?!

I have a question. I booked a room only reservation today for 2021 and scheduled my park days. My brain is starting to get all jumbled up again and I'm not sure why I was able to schedule park days without tickets? Or is that allowed? And when the AP reservations open will that res in 2021 count towards my 3?

Remarkable how fast things change. As they say "the virus takes the escalator up and the stairs down".

Fully expect Disney to alter reopening. What does that mean? I don't know, but they can't operate under the perception of keeping guests (families) safe while refusing to acknowledge the pandemic happening around its borders.

Yeah it's such an odd situation going on down there. They've been closed for months now but are now reopening when it's starting to hit Florida the hardest. We just have to wait and see what happens.

I agree. NY is living proof. Two months ago the only sound in the street was from sirens blaring. Right now I’m eating lunch at the waterfront and people are sitting outside the restaurants. Our city is slowly coming back to life after suffering unspeakable horror because we hunkered down and did our part.
I wish FL could do the same thing. The self absorption is strong with this state.

This was just posted by KTP.. NBA only in YC GF & GDT including restaurants that are open...

@thepiratekenny: Breaking: NBA to Occupy 3 Resorts, No Other Guests Allowed

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2020/06/24/breaking-nba-to-occupy-3-resorts-no-other-guests-allowed/
Nothing new. Those hotels aren’t slated to be open to guests. KTP goes onto ASSUME a lot after. Disney has already announced GF stuff that is open to guests. NBA is just gonna have to stay away from the Main GF building.

As I just mentioned in another thread, DVC is what is keeping Disney open or should I say keeping the DVC resorts open right now.

With NBA and MLS coming to Disney, legally the DVC resorts MUST remain open. Now the parks opening I guess could get delayed, but the DVC resorts that have opened already WILL NOT shutdown as long as NBA and MLS are on property.
Just remember folks, when you made those park reservations, disney said it did not guarantee park entry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter