Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to catch up on all of yesterday’s pages but this thread moves so quickly! Apologize if this has been discussed.

Reading reports out of Vero Beach and HHI has been interesting.

In HHI, masks are required except for at the pool. Masks on the pool deck was a hot topic around here, so if WDW resorts follow the same protocol as HHI, no masks required on the pool deck. Not sure If VB is requiring masks on the pool deck - saw some photos of people wearing them by the pool, but not sure if they opted to or were required. Seems if the HHI pool gets too crowded, you have to wait for another group to leave to be let in.

All of the outdoor tables, chairs, bar stools upstairs outside Tide Me Over (HHI’s quick service window) has been removed to allow for distanced lines to order QS and go inside the Mercantile (their gift shop is very small.) That is a bummer, but definitely makes sense since that space is so compact.

In Vero Beach it sounds like they are assigning pool chairs. It doesn’t sound like they’re assigning chairs in HHI? Maybe they are but I haven’t seen it reported yet. Wonder which way WDW will go on that.

Last edited:
We usually cook several times, but now am concerned about getting groceries. We fly in, and don’t rent a car. They stated that Shipping Services are not available, so does that mean we cannot have groceries delivered to the resort?

And no room service available, depending on definition of Intigial Reopening Period, according to the Dining Experiences:
  • Private dining and in-room delivery will not be offered during the initial reopening window.
Could you just use an Uber or Lyft once you arrive? I use them exclusively when I'm staying on-site instead of renting a car.

Disney needs to give us some news so we stop trying to get into COVID data discussions...

No kidding. Seems like a couple of weeks ago both you and Remy were hinting that there would be lots of news coming during the upcoming week and then nothing was released.

I really wonder if they are having major issues with the reservation system or if perhaps they are rethinking what they want the park capacity number to be.

Can you explain what that is? What would be sanitized and what would be unsanitized?

You take a pen from the one labeled sanitized, use it and put it into the other container after you use it.

People will touch other pens while trying to grab one out of the clean container but at least the pens won’t be used 1,000 times without being wiped down.

You take a pen from the one labeled sanitized, use it and put it into the other container after you use it.

People will touch other pens while trying to grab one out of the clean container but at least the pens won’t be used 1,000 times without being wiped down.

Ah ok I couldn't tell from the picture that those were pens

UK ticket sellers now reporting that Disney have informed them the park reservation system will be in place for whole of 2021 and third party tickets tickets will not be valid during the 50th celebration Sep-Dec.

As someone who has a reservation already for Sept 2021 this is interesting - and important - info to know!

Do you have more information behind third party tickets not being valid for the 50th? I didn't catch that part in the article but may have missed it. Thanks!

I just read the article as well and it mentions nothing about the 50th.

Here's one in the win column for Universal - watching all the you-tube channels I follow normally for Disney stuff posting their vlogs of visiting IOA /Universal makes me reallllllly want to go.

Like if Disney still has some crazy restrictions going on in May, or never brings back hopping, we may take two days from our trip and go to IOA/Universal Studios! :) I would love to stay at the Royal Pacific, looks gorgeous!
It IS gorgeous!

Interesting about the AP extension - different than Shanghai. Hong Kong AP’s will get the extension for the number of days closed plus an additional 30 days on top of that...I wonder if WDW will use the same method?

I hope they do something as this initial reopening period is clearly not going to provide the experience expected when someone purchased an annual pass (not necessarily Disney's fault but still the case)

Be nice to see like an extra 3 months added. Also would like to see them apply the renewal discount to people who chose to cancel their passes if they "re-up" by the end of the year or something

I thought the 50th celebration was to start next October. I travel to Disney world every September and was planning on changing it to the second week of Dec because I assumed I would miss it.

I'm not surprised by them extending the reservation system. It's a better way to manage crowds.
Didn’t @Remy is Up hint that the reservation system was in the planning stages before COVID-19 hit, and that it wasn’t a temporary thing? I think that there was always a plan to implement it. COVID-19 recovery just accelerated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter