CRT, are we out of luck?

alicat07

Mouseketeer
My friends booked their trip for Sept 22 through the 28th of this year....they tried to get Cinderella's Round table for 3 and absolutely NOTHING came up as available. At this point they will take anything because its their daughter's first trip to Disney (she is 6)...do people usually cancel these reservations occasionally like the other non-deposit restaurants, or not really? Are they out of luck :( I am hoping not :(

Just keep checking daily - My mom wanted Le Cellier for July 28th and there was a 7:35 p.m. time open yesterday. I have been checking daily for at least a month and couldn't believe there was an opening at this late date. So don't give up hope, there just may be a cancellation.

Don't be discouraged! I think people do cancel.
Though CRT ADR requires a credit card and full payment,
they do give you a full refund if you cancell more than 48 hours in advance.

I was able to get a CRT reservation for my mid September trip two weeks ago,
but the time was not that great, so I kept checking online,
and yesterday, I finally got a better time. I took that one and canceled mine.
While I was checking, I occasionally found some openings I haven't seen before.
There's still time, so keep trying and they'll probably find something :thumbsup2

I was able to get a CRT reservation for my mid September trip two weeks ago,
but the time was not that great, so I kept checking online,
and yesterday, I finally got a better time. I took that one and canceled mine.
While I was checking, I occasionally found some openings I haven't seen before.
There's still time, so keep trying and they'll probably find something :thumbsup2
This is actually one of the reasons that it's more likely to be canceled rather than just skipped.

As others have said, just keep trying and be flexible, you're bound to get something.

Thanks for the help guys!! I am going to keep trying for her. She is upset she can't get in, but I know it is possible! I was able to get her Coral Reef one night finally too. So I am crossing my fingers!!

If you haven't gotten an ADR by 50 days out, I'd start checking the online system hourly right around that week. Apparently a lot of people cancel their trip 45 days out, when the balance is due. Good luck!

I'm going in Nov and I was able to get an ADR online for CRT tonight. There was only one time slot available but I managed to get it. Just keep checking. People do cancel all the time.

What if you are on the Dining Plan??

I believe they still do take your CC even when you choose to use DP and will charge $10 penalty or something for canceling less than 48 hours in advance or no-show.

Check online multiple times a day cancellations do happen. A dining line CM taught me a little trick too. Sometimes it is hard to get ADRs for 3 or 5. The ADR system will not show as many tables open as apparently WDW does not like to have the one empty non-paid for chair at the table. It was strongly suggested by the CM that we have an additional "person", and to remember that infants, 1 or 2 year olds count as a person for the ADR but they are free. We grew an infant and the CM happily said oh look at all these open times, which would you like? In other words, if nothing is coming up for 3, have her check for 4. Put the 4th person down as an infant or 1 year old, that way she will not be charged. Then when you get there, just say the infant is not there.

Definitely keep checking online. Openings happen frequently right around the 45 day mark and in the last two weeks.

Also, subscribe to the September Canceled ADR thread. Lots of board members share what they are canceling ahead of time so DIS'ers have a leg up on the competition in grabbing those canceled ADRs.

What if you are on the Dining Plan??
See below

I believe they still do take your CC even when you choose to use DP and will charge $10 penalty or something for canceling less than 48 hours in advance or no-show.
Close. With CRT (and the Dinner Shows), if you are on the DDP they will use your Credit Card as a hold. However, if you don't show up, you will be charged the full-price of the meal.

This does not apply to other cc-held reservations (CG, Akershus) though, those will charge a lower "no-show fee" rather than full meal price if you don't show up or cancel within a certain time-frame.

KEEP TRYING!

I've been checking online and calling everyday to try and get a CRT dinner for our anniversary in mid-July. I thought it was going to be impossible, but JUST NOW one popped up for the night I was looking for. I couldn't be happier!

So no matter how bad it seems, please keep trying!

Thank you soo much! I am still trying, no good yet :( Oh well. I am going to try to search every day and see if I get lucky!

Last year during that same exact time I cancelled a CRT just 48 hrs ahead while we were there so tell her to keep trying even upon arrival. Also I was shocked when we checked in for lunch on the same trip that the family of three in front of me had no ADR and yet they were able to get in.

See below

Close. With CRT (and the Dinner Shows), if you are on the DDP they will use your Credit Card as a hold. However, if you don't show up, you will be charged the full-price of the meal.

This does not apply to other cc-held reservations (CG, Akershus) though, those will charge a lower "no-show fee" rather than full meal price if you don't show up or cancel within a certain time-frame.

SO if I book this online, will my card be charged right away or not until we actually go there?

SO if I book this online, will my card be charged right away or not until we actually go there?

if you are on the DDP they do not charge you AS LONG as you log in and retrieve your resort reservation beforre you reserve the meal, if you dont retrieve your resort reservation your card will be charged right away.

My friends booked their trip for Sept 22 through the 28th of this year....they tried to get Cinderella's Round table for 3 and absolutely NOTHING came up as available. At this point they will take anything because its their daughter's first trip to Disney (she is 6)...do people usually cancel these reservations occasionally like the other non-deposit restaurants, or not really? Are they out of luck :( I am hoping not :(

just keep trying, remember the princesses are there for all 3 meals now so keep checking all 3 , if you are looking for the princess experience you could also try Akershus at Epcot as a back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter