• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds in Early Sept.?

alopez926

Mouseketeer
Hi all, my daughter and I are making our first trip to DLP late this summer after a 5 night stay in Paris. We will arrive on August 31st in the evening and spend Sept. 1st and 2nd in the parks before returning home. I've checked school calendars and it appears the kids in France and the UK go back to school on or around this date.

Is there anything else I'm unaware of that may cause the crowds to be high on these 2 days? They are a Thursday and Friday.

We are currently booked offsite at the Vienna Circus to save some money, but wondering if we will be relegating ourselves to very long lines without the EMH.

Thank you!

I don't know if French schools actually go back to school on Thursday 1st September, or whether that would be (like in the UK) inset days, with the students going back to school the following Monday, 5th September?

I would doubt its going to be very very quiet, but its not going to be high season crowds either, so you should be okay.

I don't know if French schools actually go back to school on Thursday 1st September, or whether that would be (like in the UK) inset days, with the students going back to school the following Monday, 5th September?

I would doubt its going to be very very quiet, but its not going to be high season crowds either, so you should be okay.

Thanks! I really hope they do go back to school on the 1st! A few calendars have it noted as "First day of school" or "Return to School" so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Kids in belguim also start on sept 1st. Kids from the last part of Holland starts on the 5th.

We've been at exactly this time a few years ago and it didn't slacken off until our last day or two (think we were there 4 days and arrived around 31 August). The French children went back to school the day after we arrived but there was still a lot of Spanish and I think Italian children around....

And my children don't go back until 5 September this year, here in the UK.

Thanks all for the information! We will make the best of it...crowded or not. If crowded, we'll start with the things that are unique to DLP and take advantage of single rider lines and Fast passes for those. Everything else will be a bonus. We usually run ourselves ragged at WDW and DLR...might be nice to slow down and enjoy the scenery for once!

As pps say above, it won't be as busy as say, mid July - mid August, but I was surprised by how many Europeans were still on holiday, literally days before their children were due back at school. My DD1 was in pre-school nursery at the time so it wasn't an issue for us as their attendance isn't compulsory at that age.

I'm sure you'll manage to do what you would like to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter