Crowds for next week? [4/22-4/26, Week After Easter]

lailah

Disneymom
How does everyone feel about how the crowds will be next week. I was hoping that once Easter was done, it would be a little better. I know there are still Spring breaks going on, but because it is so much closer to the end of the school year, maybe there won't be as many visitors. Hoping. We arrive on Monday nite so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

The week after Easter is traditionally crowded. With how it falls this year it might be smaller crowds than a typical week after Easter because it's not overlapping with as many spring breaks. But I would still expect it to be very busy.

Last edited:
You can try to keep hope alive but go in expecting the same types of crowds they're seeing this week. That way, you'll be pleasantly surprised if it's not that bad.

I went from March 26 - 30th with one of my daughters and my grandson and it was the busiest that I have ever attended. We had our reservations and fast passes made, so with a little patience...we had a wonderful time despite the crowds and the weather could not have been more perfect!! I am returning April 29th - May 3rd with another daughter and my granddaughter and I'm in hopes that crowds be thinner this time. I should also say that we were staying at AofA and I couldn't have been more impressed with the bus system. It was the best I've experienced at any resort even with the masses of people!!

The real crowd drop offs begin 3-29. If Easter week is a 9-10 all week, the week after is a solid 6-7.

PA spring breaks are next week as well.
Most of Ohio too. Wait times this week have been brutal. Touring Plans had everything as 9/10 & 10/10 this week with a significant drop off next week. Guess we shall see!

There’s still plenty of hotel availability, ADRs and FPs for next week as well starting Tuesday. Thursday (tomorrow)-Monday will no doubt be a zoo. Rest of the week will be busy but fingers crossed it isn’t miserable.

Just updating since I last replied to say I happened to find out multiple families I know from my kid's school are traveling from NY to Disney next week.

My best guess is a lot of people from our area (and other areas with the same week off) will be headed that way.

I would expect crowds -- but I bet the weather will be beautiful and you'll get to take advantage of those extended hours!

There’s still plenty of hotel availability, ADRs and FPs for next week as well starting Tuesday. Thursday (tomorrow)-Monday will no doubt be a zoo. Rest of the week will be busy but fingers crossed it isn’t miserable.

Yes, I leave Saturday and just logged in and checked hotel availability for next week. Right now, for the dates of April 20-25, literally every onsite property has availability (and with a discounted room rate). I am going in expecting it to be crazy, but I am wondering if the availabilityof hotels is any indicator of crowd level?

Yes, I leave Saturday and just logged in and checked hotel availability for next week. Right now, for the dates of April 20-25, literally every onsite property has availability (and with a discounted room rate). I am going in expecting it to be crazy, but I am wondering if the availabilityof hotels is any indicator of crowd level?

Interestingly, the week after next (which should have much lower crowds) there is very little availability. Very few resorts have any rooms. I don't know if it's because people with room only wait until the last minute to cancel or is it is really that booked up.

I'm headed down tomorrow (19-28) and will be hoping the same thing! (NJ school teacher here...it's one of the only times I can go)

Would not expect crowd levels to be any different week before or after Easter - all insane IMO! :crazy2: But then we're not the family that goes during any holiday.

I’m here now. Living with the Land has a 40m wait at 11:20. It’s gonna be crowded. I think it will get a little less bad around Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter