• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds Dec 6th-8th? (Sunday-Tuesday)

Erica Ladd

DIS Veteran
I know there is a OI thing happening I think December 5-6 (sorry I’m a complete Universal Newb!!) and I have 3 days/ 2 nights planned for the parks and City Walk. Will the OI event make the crowds miserable on that Sunday? Would I be better off shifting to Monday 7th - Wednesday 9th? We are staying at HRH in a 2 BR suite so we will have EP.... I’d prefer the dates I already have but not to sacrifice a great park experience!!!

Honestly, probably not. OI folks are allowed in at 3, and it ends at midnight or 1 so most of us will be getting a late start even if we have day tickets. Plus, there aren't many tickets sold to it. Maybe consider tickets to that? Its a fantastic event!

I am not familiar with any OI event - thought it was some type of membership thing. I’d definitely consider getting extra tix or add ons if I knew more! Will have to research

Nope, no membership. Anyone can buy tickets. There are zero crowds and free food! I've been to 5 and have tix to the second December weekend.

Meetups are worth it. Went to our first one in December. Went back in February. Had tickets to May and moved them to December then bought tickets to the second weekend too. They are addictive and I live in Kentucky.

I’m looking at regular park tickets and they have the buy two get two free days But seasonal annual passes only like $25 more. This is a splurge trip so I’m intrigued by this event!! For our first time at universal is 3 pretty full days plus the meetup just too much?

I’m looking at regular park tickets and they have the buy two get two free days But seasonal annual passes only like $25 more. This is a splurge trip so I’m intrigued by this event!! For our first time at universal is 3 pretty full days plus the meetup just too much?

The meetups are so low key and relaxing. There aren't really any crowds or waits, so you don't have to be rushing around trying to cram everything in. We actually did JUST the meetup and had more than enough time to do and eat everything we wanted to, without feeling rushed. Plus, it's at night so its a whole different atmosphere. Last December there was a hidden speakeasy with specialty drinks (extra cost for alcohol) you could go find, and holiday dessert bars that were fun. In February there was a special voodoo themed section due to Mardi Gras happening. They haven't announced what this year's 'special' thing is yet (or if there will be one), but I'm excited to find out!

Do they just have the food available at different restaurants and QS places? Is all the food they have out free or does some stuff cost extra? I mean beside adult beverages

All of the food is included. Most of the kiosks and QS restaurants are open, but some of them serve a modified menu. Like the Simpsons food court and the pizza place is pretty much their entire regular menu, but Finnegans was buffet setup (they've had wings, pasta, bread pudding, some kind of empanada thing in the past). I'm not sure about the Harry Potter restaurants, but Floreans and all versions of butterbeer is a free for all :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

RixFlix had a vlog from one for folks that are interested. there was a lot of unique stuff and I think the there was a walkway between the two parks so you did not have to exit.

Sorry to jump on this thread... Complete newbie to Universal... We'll be going 12/8-12/13 for the first time. What is OI? I've searched and can't find the reference

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter