• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowd levels this week

jfap

DIS Veteran
Wondering how it is this week? Will be driving up on Wed. and trying to figure out which park to hit that day. If I went to a park with Early magic Hours would I run into Huge crowds?

Mid January is typically a slow season - Wed is not MLK day, so not going to hit that crowd. The park with the emh for the day is typically more crowded, but again, it's not a holiday week. If you want a professional forecast, I recommend the Touring Plans site...for $10 you'll get all the details you can handle... you can even choose from different touring plans (one for kids, one for teens, one for adults, etc) that will tell you exactly what order to do everything in for the most efficiency!

Since you have little time before your trip you could really benefit from the experience of others predicing the crowds, as LaurenT mentioned you ca subscribe to touring plans for about $10 and take a look over thier calendar or get a few plans to follow or you can get a free calendar at www.easywdw.com.

I am also wondering...I have been using Tour Guide Mike's site and I do understand the predicted crowd levels are low but I am still wondering what the wait time has been this week. Specifically Magic Kingdom for us.

I am also wondering...I have been using Tour Guide Mike's site and I do understand the predicted crowd levels are low but I am still wondering what the wait time has been this week. Specifically Magic Kingdom for us.

It varies by attraction and time of day. You will only find estimates for a handful of attractions in advance for your trip dates and they may or may not be accurate. There are some real time wait time applications available for cell phones that can give you (relatively) up to date day by day hour by hour info but they require subscriptions, tourinplans.com has one, called Lines.

Sorry - I guess what I was looking for was someone who is at Disney World right now or just got back and could give us an IDEA of what line waits have been. Thanks!

Sorry - I guess what I was looking for was someone who is at Disney World right now or just got back and could give us an IDEA of what line waits have been. Thanks!

Just a suggestion... if you subscribe to touringplans.com, you can use the Lines app to see wait times at the parks right now, even though you aren't there. You can check the waits for any attraction at any of the parks, including what the reported waits were earlier in the same day.

Also, the touringplans.com web site publishes historical data, allowing you to see what the actual crowd levels were for any date in the past.

David

I'm here now, and the crowd levels are low. Epcot was a little crowded on Monday with the Marathon runners, but all day yesterday Space Mountain was pretty much a walk on. :thumbsup2

Great thanks so much Michelle! Now if you could just tell me it's 80 degrees with no rain! ;) Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter