Crowd levels now?

nhdisnut

My screen name says it all!!
I'm curious about crowd levels in the parks right now. The Unofficial Guide had predicted crowd levels of 3 and 4 for the past few days (and today) and I'm wondering how on track those predictions have been. When we are heading down in April crowd levels are supposed to be a "3" - I'm hoping that's the case :scratchin

We were down last weekend of a real quick trip. I went with the expectations of huge crowds and saw that the Unofficial Guide listed the crowd levels for the weekend as a 7. Comparing that to other 7's that we have attended, I would have to say the crowds were pretty close. We had waits of about 1 hour for the "biggies" and about 20 minute to 1/2 hour for others. Overall not too bad. So I guess that you can say that the crowd levels predicted by the Unofficial Guide were pretty close for us.

We will also be there in April and hoping for crowd level 4 for our timeframe.

If anyone was wondering, here is a link that you can find the crowd levels that are predicted for 2005:
http://www.touringplans.com/BestDays.htm

Hope this helps,
Sunking

We were there last week (before presidents weekend) and it was busier than I expected. Most of our days were suppose to be 3's but I would say they were 6's by the afternoon. Mornings were still pretty quiet though so if you go at opening, you can ride most of the bigger attractions. We usually go in mid-Jan though so we are abit spoiled :)

It was very crowded when I was at the MK today. Lots of groups with the same shirts on. Hard to walk around.

THis year has been busier than I have expected. It is not hard to tell people are traveling again.

We just returned yesterday. We were there from 2/20 to 2/26. The crowds did thin out a little after President's Day, but it was still fairly crowded. Most rides had a 30 min standby wait, with the bigger rides having 45-50 min waits. The UG predicted 3's and 4's for the latter half of the week. All I can say is, if that was a 3, I'd hate to see a 10. MGM was particularily crowded. Epcot wasn't as bad, even though we were there on President's Day (although we went early for the EMH hour in the morning). Friday at MK wasn't too bad - but it was raining all day, which probably thinned out the crowds.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm seeing our week is listed as 7's each day. We will definitely live by the rule of "get there early"! It sounds like it really makes a difference.

I'm really glad to see the crowds are back to me WDW is more fun with crowds.If you plan and are a a little flexible you have a great time and I just enjoy being among lots of happy folks.I will add Chrismas to New Year is a tad to crowded even for me but I have done twice and had a great time. :goodvibes :wizard: :earsboy:

as far as crowds go. We always go in February (week before Pres. Week, Pres. Week and week after Pres. week). We were just there 2/12-2/19 and it was by far more crowded than we've ever had before. ~:)~

We always go right before or right after Christmas. Last year, we went the first week of January, which was supposed to be a 3 (I think). The place was a ghost town.
This year, we went before Christmas, leaving on December 3rd. I think that was supposed to be a 1 and the place was mobbed. MVMCP was sold out that night (fortunately, we had pre-purchased tickets). The wait for most headliner rides at all parks was usually about 30 minutes. I even waited like 15 to 20 minutes for the singles line at Test Track.
We have decided to move the trip back to early January, even though the weather is uaually a bit cooler. Either we hit a really weird fluke of a weekend or the pre-Christmas time to visit is getting VERY popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter