• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Critiques of my PS plans?

calie_j

DIS Veteran
Anyone want to give their thoughts on my PS plans? This is for the week after Thanksgiving. We're arriving Sunday from Tampa where we're staying with my sister for a few days before our week at WDW, staying 3 nights CSR and 4 nights Poly. Family of 4 with DS 14 and DD turning 8 on Friday. We aren't taking afternoon breaks so our meals will be used as a short break.

Sunday: Brunch at Boma 10:30, Dinner at Maya Grill 5:00

Monday: Breakfast in room, Lunch at Sci Fi 11:30 (splitting meals to tide us over), Dinner at H&V Fantasmic package 4:30

Tuesday: Breakfast at Pepper Market @7:30, Lunch at Tusker House @11:30, Dinner at Coral Reef 5:45

Wednesday: Breakfast in room, Lunch at LTT 11:30, Dinner in Castle 6:30 (during Wishes 7:00)

Thursday: Breakfast at Chef Mickey's 9:45, Lunch snacks if necessary, Dinner Ohana 5:30

Friday: Breakfast at CRT (10:30??), Lunch snacks if necessary, Dinner at Marrakesh 5:30

Saturday: Breakfast in room, Lunch at Princess Meal in Norway 11:20, Dinner at Le Cellier 5:45

Sunday: Breakfast at Kona Cafe before leaving for airport

Hoping to get the times I want and the restaurants are open for the earlier lunches. If anyone has alot of time on their hands and wants to figure out how much we'd save with DDE I'm considering 1 AP if we at least break upgrading from 5day hopper with room & dining savings, sit down meals kids will order off kids menu (DS is adult price at buffets) and adults will share an appetizer, all of us will share 1 dessert (2 if we skip appetizer). Marakesh will be CP package so no discount I believe.

Looking forward to hearing any comments/suggestions.

Calie :wizard:

Glad to see Maya Grill on your list. We've had some really terrific meals there and it doesn't seem to get a lot of chat on the board.

We're not into the character breakfast thing, so can't comment on that. We stay at DVC resorts and always have something to eat in our room before we head to the parks.

Of your other dinner choices, Coral Reef has been one of our favorites. DD9 and DS5 both love it there. We were fortunate enough on one of our last trips to get a table right next to the wall with the fish swimming right past us. They thought it was really fun!

For Lunch choices, we like Tusker House at AK. We always eat either there or at the Flame Tree barbecue, which is also very good. The kids like the Sci Fi as well. They think it's really neat to sit in the car and watch the movie clips while they eat.

Some of the other places haven't been our favorites, like Marrakesh and Le Cellier. They weren't bad, just not our favorites. I know a lot of other people on the board love those places, so go for it!

Have fun! ::MinnieMo

Seems like you are eating your "big" meal at dinner each evening. Many times I am tired by the end of the evening and not into a big sit down dinner. Seems like you should switch it up some and have some big lunches and "snacky" dinners. You will also get more touring in if you have a quick breakfast in the room, then a nice lunch break with a decent meal then you won't feel like you have to stop right away for dinner. From reading your itinerary you are eating dinner not too long after supper. Do you usually eat dinner this early at home. I know we don't, but hey everyone is different.

Thank you both for your comments. I'm not a big breakfast person so I tried to make the breakfasts later so it's more of a really early lunch, have to do the princess meals since this is DD's birthday trip and her first time to Disney. Just added Chef Mickey's into the plans last week cause H says we have to see Mickey, it is Disney after all. I was a bit worried about not having enough time between lunch and dinner too and not being hungry, but with the time of year we're going if we make dinner PS any later we'll miss the night time fireworks/shows, if we can even get later with the parks closing early. On vacations we're getting so much more exercize that we're starving by meal time. If not we can order an appetizer as a meal or split an entree at most of the dinners.

I blame this board for all the meals I planned, we love eating out and trying new things and all the reviews I got here made all these places I picked MUST do's. The only one I couldn't fit in was Boma for supper, I'm settling for breakfast so I don't feel I missed out too much, LOL.

Anyone else care to comment on my PS?

Calie :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter