Critique my general plans please!

dosekies

DIS Veteran
Please feel free to let me know if you would change anything! Also, any suggestions for Thanksgiving Dinner if we can't get HDDR? Dinner will be right after a 20+ hour drive, so a buffet would be great!

Thursday November 23 (Thanksgiving)
Arrival Day
Late dinner at HDDR

Friday November 24 - Epcot late afternoon/evening
Rest in morning/afternoon

Saturday November 25 - MK late morning to close
Switch Resorts
Ohana breakfast

Sunday November 26 - AK open to close
Tusker House breakfast
Flame Tree dinner

Monday November 27 - Epcot open to close
Trattoria al Forno breakfast

Tuesday November 28 - MVMCP
DS late morning
Whispering Canyon lunch

Wednesday November 29 - MK late morning to close
BOG dinner

Thursday November 30 - MK open to close
Ohana dinner

Friday December 1 - MK open to afternoon
Departure Day
BOG lunch

You seem to have a lot of late mornings and/or breakfasts. The lines for all of the attractions are significantly shorter the first hour it two after the parks open.

Which resorts are you staying at?

Our first 2 nights are at Best Western Lake Buena Vista. The rest of the trip is at CBR.

How old are the travelers? Where are you staying? You have a lot of MK time.

Just 2 adults and resorts are above. MK is my absolute favorite, but we do have park hoppers from FD so I've been debating park hopping one of our MK days.

Are you planning on leaving and returning to MK before and after Ohana?

MK closes at 4:30 that day for a cast member party, so we are most like going to Ohana and then back to the resort to rest before our morning in the parks and long drive home.

Since it's 2 adults I would skip probably Ohana dinner for something quieter and more adult. Maybe hop back to AK for a few hours then dinner at Jiko or Boma?

Won't lie, we both aren't very adventurous eaters and aren't fond of trying new things so I kind of shyed away from Jiko and Boma. But I will look into them more!

How close are you cutting your dining reservation on day 1? You are traveling on Thanksgiving Day and traffic could be heavy and there is lots of construction around Atlanta (if you are coming through Atlanta). Driving back from Orlando in April took us 10 hours which should have been around 7 1/2. I would make sure that you build in several hours of extra drive time. This might be especially important for an expensive prepaid reservation like HDDR.

Also, I would take away one of the MK nights for an AK day/night. With Pandora and the two new rides, you may want two days to be able to get fastpasses for both of the new rides.

Seems like on Tuesday the 28th you are in several different places. DS, WL, and MK. Any reason why you are not eating lunch in DS since you are already there? There are a lot of great restaurants there.

This one has be a little confused unless by "lunch" you mean a late lunch around 2:30 or so in order to be ready to hit MK at 4 pm for MVMCP?

Sorry I didn't specify, but yes the plan is a late lunch/super early dinner there to fill up but still get to MK by 4.

How close are you cutting your dining reservation on day 1? You are traveling on Thanksgiving Day and traffic could be heavy and there is lots of construction around Atlanta (if you are coming through Atlanta). Driving back from Orlando in April took us 10 hours which should have been around 7 1/2. I would make sure that you build in several hours of extra drive time. This might be especially important for an expensive prepaid reservation like HDDR.

Also, I would take away one of the MK nights for an AK day/night. With Pandora and the two new rides, you may want two days to be able to get fastpasses for both of the new rides.

Seems like on Tuesday the 28th you are in several different places. DS, WL, and MK. Any reason why you are not eating lunch in DS since you are already there? There are a lot of great restaurants there.

Our drive is about 16-18 hours without stops and we are leaving by 6pm (7pm the latest) on Wednesday night, so hoping we don't get backed up by that much that we would arrive after our reservation!

I like that suggestion, it is actually something I was thinking about doing.

And DS might not happen if we decide we want to rest that morning instead. WC is something we really wanted to try and I figured since we want the skillet it would be a good fill up before the party where we want to try to not stop for food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter