Crazy things that happen on YOUR birthdate

They brought the first prisoner to Auschwitz in 1941. :mad: Not cool!
On an up note I share a birthday wtih Jimmy Stewart and Busta Rhymes!:rotfl:

My birthday is pretty infamous:

1775 - The shot heard round the world
1993 - The Branch Davidian Complex in Waco was burned
1995 - The bombing of the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City.

I don't let it bother me a whole lot, but my neighbor shares the same bday and she says she quit celebrating after 1995.

My dh's birthday is the date of the Jonestown incident.

My ds's birthday is the date of Custer's Last Stand

My dd does not seem to have anything too awful attached to her birthday.

My bff's bday is the day of the Challenger explosion and I have another friend who has a child born on September 11.

Well...mine is April 15th so right away the biggest downer is TAX day lol. but I found out Emma Watson's birthday is the same day.

August 5

I knew Marilyn Monroe died on August 5th but I just looked it up and found out that Nelson Mandella went to prison on August 5th.

I know that Neil Armstrong and Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) and I share a birthday.

OP. Sorry about your dad passing away on your b-day.

Mine..January 1st.

Nothing of significance within my family.

But...
1908 - was the first time the ball dropped in NYC.
1962 - USN Seals established
1967 - FCC requires AM-FM sister stations to be at least 50% different (the day I was born) Thought this was comical for some reason. lol
1985 - The first British mobile phone call is made by Ernie Wise to Vodafone.

There are Tons of events that happened on my birthday. historyorb.com

Famous people who have my b-day. cool. :)

Paul Revere
Betsy Ross
J Edgar Hoover
Marcia Cross

Nothing particular, although it was interesting to see that Nixon claimed, "I am not a crook," on my birthday (Nov 17).

I share the birthday with Martin Scorsese and Danny Devito.

OP, I'd choose another date to celebrate your birthday!

Mine is March 11th.

I've truly learned to hate that date.

Brian Nichols escaped from court and went on a killing spree in Atlanta: March 11 2005.

Japanese tsunami, March 11, 2011

Sgt Bales massacre in Afghanistan - March 11 2012 :sad2:

My precious Dad died, March 11 2003. :guilty:

I really really hate that date.

:sad1:

Anything crazy happen on your birthdate?

Apparently, having YOU born on MY birthday!

Not only are we both from Brooklyn, but my birthday is also March 11th!

Run like the wind, Disboards! :rotfl:

I never thought to look. This is what I found for my Bday:

July 18

64: A great fire began that ultimately destroyed most of Rome. The emperor Nero blamed it on Christians and began the first Roman persecution of them.

1925: The first volume of Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf was published.

1936: The Spanish Civil War began.

1947: President Harry S. Truman signed the Presidential Succession Act.

1976: 14-year-old Romanian gymnast Nadia Comaneci earned the first perfect score, a ten, at the Olympics and went on to score six more tens and win three gold medals.

1999: New York Yankee David Cone pitched the 16th perfect game in baseball history.

Nothing particular, although it was interesting to see that Nixon claimed, "I am not a crook," on my birthday (Nov 17).

A fun bit of trivia- Nixon was at WDW when he uttered those famous words! He was at a press conference at the Contemporary Resort.

Mine is March 11, too. But I love the date :) I was born on my aunt's 17th birthday, and my niece was born on my 33rd birthday!

My husband was born on Oct. 1, 1971 and true Disney fans all know the significance of that exact date.

My good friend is Sept. 11. We try to make a big deal of her birthday to keep it a happy day for her. Another friend was due on Sept. 11 this past year and she truly did not want her baby to come that day...luckily he was 10 days early.

my bday 12/15/85

1933 – The Twenty-first Amendment to the United States Constitution officially becomes effective, repealing the Eighteenth Amendment that prohibited the sale, manufacture, and transportation of alcohol.
1939 – Gone with the Wind receives its première at Loew's Grand Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

2000 – Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel opens at the Disneyland Resort.

2011 – American forces withdraw from Iraq after a 9-year long campaign.

Walt Disney died
12/15/66

Well, in 31 years, it's rained on 27 of my birthdays. My mom keeps a simple journal, noting each day any major events, the weather, etc. I looked through them once when I was in college. Almost every year: "June 7. Happy Birthday EnglishTeacha! Raining today."

My high school sweetheart lost his mom on my birthday in 2002. My niece got married on my birthday in 2008. Otherwise, I am not sure of any other significant events happening on that day, besides rain. Lots of rain.

My birthday is June 25th

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died that day in 2009. :sad1:

Sept 29:

One good: The first American woman reached the summit of Mt.Everest
One bad: The first death of the "Tylenol Murders" happened in 1982.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter