"Crashing" Campfire Sinalong at FW CG?

Gillennj

The spirit is willing, but the wallet is weak
I am posting this on the Budget board as I am looking for free and/or cheap things to do at WDW. We are staying offisite in June for a week, and will only be in the parks one or two days.

Is it bad form (or even possible) to go to the Campfire Singalong with Chip and Dale at the FW CG? I have read you don't need to stay there to go, but what about not staying at any resort? I would like to go, but I don't want to "sneak in".

Will we be able to park there?

If you go, then you park up front in the guest parking lot and catch a bus back to the campfire.

If you go, then you park up front in the guest parking lot and catch a bus back to the campfire.

Is there a time limit on the guest parking? I'm sure someone attending the singalong or visiting friends at a campsite would hate to get back and find that their car's been towed away.

There is no time limit. Just tell the guard you want to take a look around the campground, and he'll tell you where to park. Tell the inner bus driver you want to go to the campfire. You can stop in the meadow store and prebuy a s'mores kit (stick, marshmallows and graham crackers) to make it more fun for your kids. Before the movie there is a sing along. We bring a small blanket to sit on as the benches are hard. You might want to bring a couple of flashlights. When you leave, tell the bus driver you are parked in the guest parking lot. I assume the petting zoo will be up and running that time of year..you can take the bus up to it, or walk, depending on how old the kids are. We like to walk around the campground looking at the decorated sites and we often eat at Trails end. It's a nice buffet.

We did this with the kids many years ago. We weren't staying at the campground but at the All Stars. We had our own car so we just drove there and parked in the lot. It was fun but certainly not a must do. I remember the S'More kits beiing very small and expensive. You might want to think about bringing your own supplies like the campers do.

When we camped there, it was easy to bring our own stuff, because the marshmallow stick was in the camper. Harder when we stay in the resorts, and who wants to carry around a sticky marshmallow stick afterwards. We thought it was reasonable..$5 or $6 the last time we got a kit compared to everything else we spent on (the camping board could prob give you the current price). But yes, it is cheaper to buy a bag of marshmallows and a box of graham crakers and a few chocolate bars $10 - $11), if you plan on eating all of it and can bring something to roast the marshmallows with.
Our kids and then our grands love doing this..not so much the movie, but the pre movie show and the marshmallows.

We did this with the kids many years ago. We weren't staying at the campground but at the All Stars. We had our own car so we just drove there and parked in the lot. It was fun but certainly not a must do. I remember the S'More kits beiing very small and expensive. You might want to think about bringing your own supplies like the campers do.

We've had our resort ID asked for before when doing this activity.

Sounds like that's not the 'norm' but since it's a resort guest benifit they're well within their rights to ask.

We've had our resort ID asked for before when doing this activity.

Sounds like that's not the 'norm' but since it's a resort guest benifit they're well within their rights to ask.

Where did they check your resort ID. The campfire is held in a large open area with many ways in and out, making it hard to check IDs.

OP, I have been camping at FW for most of my life, 2 to 3 times a year, in all that time(more than 35 years)I have never been asked for ID at the campfire. Go and enjoy.

Simple directions to campfire from Outpost parking lot. Park and walk to the bus stop, near the horse stable. Board the Orange(there are 3 internal buses, Purple goes nowhere near the campfire and Yellow goes to the back of the area, workable but a longer walk) bus and tell the driver you want the campfire. When you are ready to get back to your car go back to the bus stop and board the bus(should be Orange, but if you get turned around and end up at a different stop it won't matter) to OUTPOST(that is where you parked). As for the petting zoo, it is at theSETTLEMENT area if the campground, same as the HDDR and Trails End restaraunt, there are not many animals there and in my opinion not worth a special trip anymore. If you have time to kill, it is nice to walk around and see things like the MK draft horses near the petting zoo, but if you are pressed for time not a must do.

Haven't been asked for a resort ID since the 'olden' days when you needed one to get on any transportation. Many many years ago. The campfire has never been a closed activity, and we've been going for years and years. Where were you when they asked..since most campers don't even carry their ID's with them when wandering the campground. I never have. It's wide open to get in, and I can't imagine where anyone would ask. Were you trying to charge something to your resort card? Then they would need your resort card, of course.

Many people with reservations to the Hoop De Doo have gone, as well as people eating at the settlement. You may have to show your drivers license at the guard shack, but that's no biggy. We have had to show ours when we don't have a resort ID paper in our car. Lots of people look around Disney..might want to have a future stay.

I know the petting zoo is pathetic, but it's a nice walk and I thought they had a kids playground up there too. It's also a nice place to rent the mini boats. So much to do and see there just for a relaxing time.

Cast members were randomly asking guests for resort IDs. similar to how CMs randomly ask guests for wrist bands while waiting for the first parade at MNSSHP, MVMCP & the P&P party. We've stayed at FW 6 times in 10 years, done the campfire movie twice and both times witnessed people being asked, only once were we asked as well. Since it's our cabin door key, we had it on us. Not sure if campers would have had theirs or not.

All I'm saying is that they CAN and have asked before, so if the OP wants to break rules they need to have a back up plan should they be one of the ones asked. A simple "oh, sorry didn;t know it was for resort guests only, thanks for letting us know" and then getting on the bus to go watch the EWP at the beach or play at the playground there would work.

The petting zoo is defunct. In late 07/ early 08 the animals were moved to the petting zoo at AK. The ponies and draft horses are still back there though, and the CMs who work at the stables are fun to talk to. The peacocks roam around still but we've noticed less of them in subsequent visits (doesn't mean they aren't still around, just that we haven't noticed them)

Is there now a rule in place that the campfire is just for resort quests? I'd never read that in the past. We've told the guard just why we were there (we don't always stay on Disney propert, just usually) and they have given us a map (not that we needed it). They can actually tell the guard that they are going to the campfire and let him/her decide. I've prob done the campfire a dozen and a half times before, but not in the past two years, so maybe this is something new. But again, as a camper, I would never have my card on me.

All I'm saying is that they CAN and have asked before, so if the OP wants to break rules they need to have a back up plan should they be one of the ones asked. A simple "oh, sorry didn;t know it was for resort guests only, thanks for letting us know" and then getting on the bus to go watch the EWP at the beach or play at the playground there would work.

Is there now a rule in place that the campfire is just for resort quests? I'd never read that in the past. We've told the guard just why we were there (we don't always stay on Disney propert, just usually) and they have given us a map (not that we needed it). They can actually tell the guard that they are going to the campfire and let him/her decide. I've prob done the campfire a dozen and a half times before, but not in the past two years, so maybe this is something new. But again, as a camper, I would never have my card on me.

And I think that is true of most campers, we have no need for our KTTK cards unless we are leaving the campground in our own cars, going to EMH or trying to get into a comfort station between midnight and 6am, so we just don't carry them. When we were there in October we did not see anyone checking ID, so I don't know about it being something new. Like you I never knew this was a closed activity(and don't actualy think it is).

the Disney website lists it on the recreation page for the Fort Wilderness along with the pools (which aren't open to other guests) and horseback riding and water craft rentals (which are open)

Unofficial websites, like Allears.net list it as a benifit for on property guests. Even wdwinfo which hosts the DIS boards lists it as an on property guest benifit. I didn't say it was a FORT WILDERNESS guest benifit, just an ON PROPERTY - as in any WDW owned and operated resort benifit.

Take it for what you will.

I'm tired of being called a liar. I've been carded, I've seen people carded and the OP in posting that they were considering "crashing" the campfire is aware that it's an on property benifit.

Hmm,
I am very familiar with the campfire singalong, but was unaware they also have a campfire SINalong...... what exactly does this one involve... Ok, sorry, just couldn't pass on this misspelling..

Drew :rotfl:

I stay in the campground from June to Aug and my kids go to the campfire sing a long all the time. I have never been asked for my resort id. as a previous poster stated campers do not need them to unlock any door except the comfort station after midnight or so. i was once asked for my resort id while driving my personal golf cart around the campground. I think my youngest and i were looking for snakes so my driving may have been questionable!;) I don't think it is a disney resort only activity. I think all are welcomed. Come on over, we campers are a friendly bunch (and I don't even care if you swim in our pool). We welcome all and if you have any reservations about doing it tell them you are visiting the crazy lady with all the kids that lives there for the summer. They will let you in!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter