Crand Cayman

The port has a very nice shopping area with lots of restaurants as well. You can also take a cab to 7 mile beach for the day.

We enjoyed going to Margaretteville at the port. We had a great lunch and the kids went in the pool with slide. We also enjoyed walking around and doing some great shopping. We did going snorkeling before that right in the harbor...it was the Reef and Wreck....fun.

Looking for ideas, what to do near the port.

Lots of shopping (though mostly high-end stuff). CI is generally pretty expensive ($10 for a sub or a small DQ ice cream cup, for instance). If you're looking for inexpensive liquor or Cuban cigars (which I believe there's an executive order to legally allow to bring into the US -- consult your border control before you do) there are several good stores near the port; however, I found better pricing for both in Cozumel and Jamaica. I believe you can find a local semi-precious stone jewelry called Caymanite at good prices in some of the establishments near the port. Overall, though, having been to CI a few times, it really is all about the excursions -- even if it's just to the public beaches near by.

Lots of shopping (though mostly high-end stuff). CI is generally pretty expensive ($10 for a sub or a small DQ ice cream cup, for instance). If you're looking for inexpensive liquor or Cuban cigars (which I believe there's an executive order to legally allow to bring into the US -- consult your border control before you do) there are several good stores near the port; however, I found better pricing for both in Cozumel and Jamaica. I believe you can find a local semi-precious stone jewelry called Caymanite at good prices in some of the establishments near the port. Overall, though, having been to CI a few times, it really is all about the excursions -- even if it's just to the public beaches near by.
I thought booze in Grand Cayman was expensive. I bought my Cuban rum in Cozumel. I don't smoke, so I didn't prize Cuban cigars. I didn't think there was much to do at the port, although bus and taxi service makes it easy to get around the island. Enjoy your cruise!

MUN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter