CP Dining Package and Annual Pass Restaurant Discount?

WDmommyof4

DIS Veteran
I was wondering when the charges for the CP dining package occur? It says that tax and gratuity are excluded from the price, leading me to believe that you are charged at the restaurant after your meal. If this is the case, would I be able to use my 20% annual pass discount at Biergarten on the price of the package meal? Also, as a side note, how long before the show we want to attend would we need to line up with a CP dining package?

You pay at the end of the meal. I would say book no closer than 2 hours before.

You pay at the end of the meal. I would say book no closer than 2 hours before.

Thanks, so the annual pass discount should work I would imagine. Do you mean you need to line up two hours early even with the dining package? I honestly don't care if we are in the very back. I have four boys and it is just me and them. I am also 5 months pregnant with a surrogate baby, so standing in line for two hours for something the boys don't really care about one way or the other isn't going to work. This is one of things I really want to do and want them to see and hear, which is why I was going to justify the cost of a dining package, since we always do counter service, but not if the line is still 2 hours long.

Thanks, so the annual pass discount should work I would imagine. Do you mean you need to line up two hours early even with the dining package? I honestly don't care if we are in the very back. I have four boys and it is just me and them. I am also 5 months pregnant with a surrogate baby, so standing in line for two hours for something the boys don't really care about one way or the other isn't going to work. This is one of things I really want to do and want them to see and hear, which is why I was going to justify the cost of a dining package, since we always do counter service, but not if the line is still 2 hours long.

No, I thought you were asking when you should book your meal in relation to when the show started. You should probably line up about 45 minutes before it starts.

No, I thought you were asking when you should book your meal in relation to when the show started. You should probably line up about 45 minutes before it starts.

Oops sorry for the confusion. We are going to do a lunch just to be on the safe side. I think 45 minutes would be doable for all of us. Thanks so much!

I doubt the AP discount would work; since, this is a meal and show. It's not just a meal. You can try. All they can say is no.

Tax is excluded until the end because you can order alcoholic beverages or other items that may not be included in the package deal. This is why the gratuity is not added to the end, as well.

The package price is set; so, I don't see getting the AP discount.

You can call dining reservations and ask them to make sure.

I was wondering when the charges for the CP dining package occur? It says that tax and gratuity are excluded from the price, leading me to believe that you are charged at the restaurant after your meal. If this is the case, would I be able to use my 20% annual pass discount at Biergarten on the price of the package meal? Also, as a side note, how long before the show we want to attend would we need to line up with a CP dining package?

The AP discount does not apply to the CP packages. We dined at Biergarten last week and, although I pretty much knew the answer, I still asked. You will pay just like you do any other meal and will receive your CP stickers afterward. If you are on the DDP, 2 TS credits pp will be deducted from your MB. The tax and gratuity disclaimer is there because 'package' sounds all-inclusive.

However, watch your check. The system overcharged us $6 pp, which I caught immediately. The manager said that our table was the first to alert them and that corporate had keyed in the wrong amount. Thankful they readjusted the bills, but it took a little while and apparently some phone calls.

As far as lining up, if you are early enough, there are benches where the CP line forms. We lined up at approx 5 pm for the 6:45 show (because we wanted to be in front) and had 6 people in front of us.

The show was worth it...

As far as lining up, if you are early enough, there are benches where the CP line forms. We lined up at approx 5 pm for the 6:45 show (because we wanted to be in front) and had 6 people in front of us.

The show was worth it...

I'm doing the dining package twice over my trip over Christmas. We have the 8:15 p.m. show both times. I wanted to make sure to see the show when it's dark. How much of the earlier show did you hear while standing in line before going in for your show? I plan on lining up at least an hour and a half before the show my family is seeing.

I'm doing the dining package twice over my trip over Christmas. We have the 8:15 p.m. show both times. I wanted to make sure to see the show when it's dark. How much of the earlier show did you hear while standing in line before going in for your show? I plan on lining up at least an hour and a half before the show my family is seeing.

We could hear the louder portions of the 5 pm show, but I don't remember being able to hear any narration. Then again, I wasn't really trying to listen. Whatever I heard from the distance of the benches paled in comparison to being in the theater.

Yep, we wanted dark, and the 6:45 pm show gave us that, as well. At 5 pm, the sun was beginning to set.

However, the 5 pm show gets a bad rap - it takes place during the course of "twilight" and I think that's an absolutely beautiful setting for the CP.

Thanks everyone! No worries about the discount, I figured it likely would not apply, but thought I would ask. This will just have to be one of our big splurges of the trip. Since I am a single income home with just myself and the boys are all considered Disney adults, we have long since switched to CS only options for meals. We miss the good old days of the Deluxe dining plan when they were little and the price included an appetizer, tip and was about half the cost it is now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter