• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Courtyard Downtown Disney $20.02 Rate

singitalto

<font color=FF66FF>Can't wait to stay at the Beach
I was just sent a newsletter that Courtyard DD is running a another special from 8/11 to 10/3. "100 years of magic" special rate of $20.02 night Sun - Thursday. Call hotel directly for info!
Hope this helps someone! This hotel is great!!

Dear god, $20/night?!?!?! :bounce: :eek: :Pinkbounc

Timing is bad, but that might be enough for me to head down for a quick trip.

Thanks so much for the info. I was able to book at $20.02 per night for August!

Can somebody describe this facility to me? How far from which parks? Nice swimming pool?

This sounds too good to be true :)

The Courtyard is on Hotel plaza Blvd. This hotel is a 10 min walk to Downtown Disney and considered on Disney property. They are eligible for e nights! We stayed here May 2001 for 4 nights and thought this was a very nice place. Certainly for $20.02 night it can't be beat! It has large, clean rooms, we had a balcony last time, has a glass elevator that my kids loved. We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on that. I recommend it!

Thanks for the info. I was just able to book this (I had to push back a week to get all 5 nights but well worth it).

Notes to those considering this:

BOOK NOW--apparently going well. (The first week I wanted to book, the $20.02 rate was sold out for Sun & Mon so I bumped ahead a week and got all 5 nights)

They will charge your credit card NOW

There are no changes allowed or refunds given on your reservations.

Walking distance to Downtown Disney (there is bus service to the parks from the hotels but I didn't use it)

Pool was ok. If you go to the marriott website and look it up you can see more about the hotel www.marriott.com

I used the $20.01 rate last year. Room was big, clean and not noisy. Housekeeping was good. Interior corridor hotel (at least inside the tower--not sure about the wing rooms)

For $20 bucks it's not the Grand Floridian but for $20 it is weeeellllll worth it and several notches above any other $20 hotel. Apply your $$$$ to other things--meals, shopping, shopping or even shopping!!!

I booked for Sept 2-6. For $88.00 Arriving sept 2 checking out the 6th. Thanks so much for posting this. We have already bought our tickets now our room. This saved us alot was going to stay onsite this year but would rather do this and get better meals and character dinners. Thanks again. I can't wait!!!!!!

I could only book the Tuesday thru Thursday week of 8/18, but since it's just DH and me I'm looking into renting DVC points as an early anniversary celebration. After 31 years I think we deserve it!! And I know I wouldn't have planned the trip without that great $20.02 rate. Too bad we couldn't move our dates!

Nothing for August 19-August 22 either ;(

I was going to add a few days the beginning of my trip

Thanks for the GREAT tip about DD Courtyard. Living in Florida and having my Disney APs rocks!!!! I reserved for 3 nights in August and 3 in September!
Thanks again for this board and all the contributions!!!!

Florida Princess

DVC----OKW since 1992

If your thinking of reserving for this special---better do it now----seemed like LOTS of dates are already gone---

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I too must add a note of gratitude.
I was able to get four nights starting August 11th.
I thought for sure it wouldn't be available.. but it was!
Woo Hoo!
My DH keeps asking.. are you sure? What's the catch?

Kathy

Does anyone know what the weekend rates are for this hotel? And, can you get connecting rooms or fridges? And since this is a courtyard, all the rooms have a balcony, right?

TIA!

I just called back and I was able to get 2 nights for August 22 and 23.

I am goingto drive my husband nuts on this vacation. We are staying in 4 different hotels with this 2 week vacation. But the first 2 nights at the courtyard are only costing me $44.xx. , next 3 nights at the Radisson by Universal are free thanks to goldpoints.com and than we move on to CBR for 4 nights and WL for 3 nights.

Hey Lisa
That's good news that you got a couple of nights! At least you won't be bored in the same hotel for your vacation.
We are going for 3 nights the last week of August and 3 nights in Sept.
How is everything in NJ---we used to live there--but we're LOVIN
FLORIDA!!!!!!

Florida Princess

DVC---OKW since 1992

:cool:

I just tried to book the $20 rate for Sept. 18-24. They were sold out at that rate and offered me a $69 rate. I think I'll keep my $77 at POR. Oh well.

No-not all rooms have balconies.

The tower rooms have balconies on some sides. We stayed there two Augusts ago. They had taken out some of the balconies on the tower rooms to increase size. Our problem was that they had not yet replaced the cooling system in those rooms to accomodate the increased floor space. They started at the bottom and we were on the top 2 floors. It took 3 days to get us to a wing room (I liked this better anyway-I'm not good with heights.). To be honest-I think the wing room had a balcony but I can't guarantee it. The difference here is that Courtyard purchased this property-did not build it so it is not necessarily how they would have constructed a Courtyard property.

However, rooms big-staff friendly-for that price it is a great deal. We would probably drive to parks next time-the buses run about once an hour but you end up waiting and stopping at all of the other motels in DD too. It would be more efficient to drive yourself.

I didn't go to the pool but my dd (7 at time) and the 6 year old with us were happy with it.

I know they were remodeling add'l rooms the following year because I said I liked the closet with the sliding doors and was told the next year when I spoke with manager that they were taking them out and making all open storage room. So regardless, your room will probably be nice as they were remodeling a lot last year. Wing room also had a sink in b-room and one outside of b-room. Nice.

Fridge was available for a fee (per day). Ours was free as it was used to store medications (insulin for me-some migraine med for the gal that came with me and kids). I don't know if they still honor this or not.

Package delivery available from parks to this hotel. (DIDN'T FIND OUT THAT FOR A COUPLE DAYS!) What a great feature. I thought it was only to the Disney hotels.

I had read complaints about it being noisy in the rooms above the pool but we had NO problems.

Also-yes - inside hallways in the wing.

It is walkable to Downtown Disney easily but we did it after sun was down or it would have been hot.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again but we are staying on property this year (or sort of-) at the Swan. My son's graduation present is this trip and he got to choose - he thought S/D looked cool from the mini-golf course.

We are going to WDW from sept 2-7 we booked Sept 2-6 at courtyard. Because on the 6th it is a Friday and the rate was going to $99. Got the other 4 night for a total of $88. So for the Friday night I plan on booking somewhere close by through priceline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter