Coupon Train ~~ New Riders Welcome!

I will be there! I'm running the marathon and am injured so I'm petrified of it!

Quasi and belle I am rooting for you both. Dont hurt yourself my train buddy! Stay safe please but have fun. Me I am lucky i make it to the fridge and to walk the dog! :cool1:

Hi all,

I am newbie here and the world of couponing. I started couponing a month ago and I am still learning the basics of it.

Do you have any tip/tricks for a newbie like me?

TIA and hope everyone have lots of savings!

Li

I buy when things are on sale and stockpile items we use a lot of. I try to never buy a product that isn't on sale even if I have a coupon. I love BOGO sales because usually the store will let you use a coupon on each item. It's even sweeter if you get BOGO plus use a mfg. coupon plus use a store coupon. I admit that doesn't usually happen because if they require a store coupon for the BOGO then they don't usually put out another store coupon on the item as well. But sometimes the BOGO doesn't require a coupon and then you might get lucky with a mfg. coupon and a store coupon.

In MN only one store does double coupons so I try to take advantage of that. Unfortunately, they also have a lot of rules attached to it like a limit of five coupons, none over $1 value, must buy at least $25 worth of items, doubling only on Wednesdays and Saturdays, etc. If the ad produces $25 worth of items on sale that I really want then I go for it. Otherwise, I skip it and shop somewhere else.

I look at all the ads every Sunday and make out my shopping lists and attach any coupons I'm going to use to each list. I try to plan our meals based on what's on sale that week. It usually works out.

I try to get gas at the gas station that accepts competitor's coupons up to 10 cents per gallon and will double the value of the coupon on Tuesdays. Saving .20 on a gallon of gas doesn't seem like a ton but with two cars to fill up each week, I figure we save at least $200 a year.

Can't think of much else right now but hope those tips help out a little. Let us know how it goes for you and post your coupon savings on the thread. Of2dbeach will add up your savings and post your total at the end of each month. You might be surprised how it adds up.

I buy when things are on sale and stockpile items we use a lot of. I try to never buy a product that isn't on sale even if I have a coupon. I love BOGO sales because usually the store will let you use a coupon on each item. It's even sweeter if you get BOGO plus use a mfg. coupon plus use a store coupon. I admit that doesn't usually happen because if they require a store coupon for the BOGO then they don't usually put out another store coupon on the item as well. But sometimes the BOGO doesn't require a coupon and then you might get lucky with a mfg. coupon and a store coupon. In MN only one store does double coupons so I try to take advantage of that. Unfortunately, they also have a lot of rules attached to it like a limit of five coupons, none over $1 value, must buy at least $25 worth of items, doubling only on Wednesdays and Saturdays, etc. If the ad produces $25 worth of items on sale that I really want then I go for it. Otherwise, I skip it and shop somewhere else. I look at all the ads every Sunday and make out my shopping lists and attach any coupons I'm going to use to each list. I try to plan our meals based on what's on sale that week. It usually works out. I try to get gas at the gas station that accepts competitor's coupons up to 10 cents per gallon and will double the value of the coupon on Tuesdays. Saving .20 on a gallon of gas doesn't seem like a ton but with two cars to fill up each week, I figure we save at least $200 a year. Can't think of much else right now but hope those tips help out a little. Let us know how it goes for you and post your coupon savings on the thread. Of2dbeach will add up your savings and post your total at the end of each month. You might be surprised how it adds up.

Thanks DJ!

Everytime I would go out I would only save $1-3 per trip which did not feel much savings at all but today I saved $20 with coupons!!! Yayyyyyy

I was so freaking excited... This was a pretty big shopping trip and I had to make 2 different purchases but it was worth it.

I will try to plan my meals around what is on sale but I think that will take a little to get used to.

Big savers were on Diapers!! I got 8 jumbo packs of pampers swaddlers and cruisers for $3.39 each regular price $8.50!!

And got 2 box of cereal for $1 each!!

L

Thanks DJ!

Everytime I would go out I would only save $1-3 per trip which did not feel much savings at all but today I saved $20 with coupons!!! Yayyyyyy

I was so freaking excited... This was a pretty big shopping trip and I had to make 2 different purchases but it was worth it.

I will try to plan my meals around what is on sale but I think that will take a little to get used to.

Big savers were on Diapers!! I got 8 jumbo packs of pampers swaddlers and cruisers for $3.39 each regular price $8.50!!

L

You did great! Awesome buy on the diapers and cereal. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm really late posting. Sorry, been trying to get myself back on track after vacation.

Tink471 - Envelope was mailed out on Monday. Hope your daughter is feeling better!!!

LoriABil - Received 2 envelopes this week. Thanks!:goodvibes

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Hope your snow/ice/cold weather has improved and that next week Mother Nature will be kinder to all of us. :flower3:

Thanks DJ!

L
Woohooo thats great start small. I have been couponing since 2009. please post your savins as I keep track of them and will post everyones totals at the end of the month . What state are you in ? I am in South Fl and willing to help you out as much as I can ! babies sure arent cheap , but there soft cuddly and I miss rocking them ;(
My savings this week $98.11.. deal of the week. OM ham and Turkey for only .64 cents Each!! I got 10 of them so far ;)

So...we finally started getting mail again on Thursday. Consequently, I haven't received my coupons yet to pass them along on Monday. As soon as they arrive I'll divvy them up and move them along.
I hope everyone else surviving the crazy weather!

DD11 went to the mail for me ( she LOVES that job ) :confused3 and not one but 2 envies for me! One from my train buddy and another from my mom so tyty !!:goodvibes
Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and don't forget to post your savings. Tommorow is my grocery day..and I finally got my binder back in shape after the 3 kidney stone Christmas present I recieved from myself.. the gift that keeps on giving ..:lmao:

EEYORE44

I will mail out a small envie to you on Monday. Wish it was bigger but alot of the coups I got were short dated with a few expired.Unfortunately I have to use the same post office as I usually do. Maybe this envie won't get lost!

:wave2: DH was given the job assignment of mailing your little prize to you yesterday and he says mission accomplished. Hopefully it will arrive by Saturday. :)

Received yesterday!! :D It was wonderful to find in the mailbox after my rheumatologist appointment lol. My GF was so excited she ripped into it and claimed the Mickey keychain for her own! She does help with the coupons so I suppose it's only fair! ;) Thank you so much, I can assure you the stickers and anti-bacterial wipes will go to good use!

Airplane - received both your envies yesterday and also received one last week that I forgot to mention. Thanks! :)

What a great mail day! :D I hope everyone has a great weekend! The polar vortex finally let us go however now it's in the 50s so now we have large piles of icy snow and large puddles of water and mud in what used to be the grassy areas around our complex. I guess we just can't win!

Woohooo thats great start small. I have been couponing since 2009. please post your savins as I keep track of them and will post everyones totals at the end of the month . What state are you in ? I am in South Fl and willing to help you out as much as I can ! babies sure arent cheap , but there soft cuddly and I miss rocking them ;( My savings this week $98.11.. deal of the week. OM ham and Turkey for only .64 cents Each!! I got 10 of them so far ;)

Thanks! I was very excited about but OM ham and turkey for 64 cents is awesome.

I wish I was in Florida but I live in MA and yes they are not cheap but they are worth every penny we spend on them!

I will post all my savings!

Received yesterday!! :D It was wonderful to find in the mailbox after my rheumatologist appointment lol. My GF was so excited she ripped into it and claimed the Mickey keychain for her own! She does help with the coupons so I suppose it's only fair! ;) Thank you so much, I can assure you the stickers and anti-bacterial wipes will go to good use!

Airplane - received both your envies yesterday and also received one last week that I forgot to mention. Thanks! :)

What a great mail day! :D I hope everyone has a great weekend! The polar vortex finally let us go however now it's in the 50s so now we have large piles of icy snow and large puddles of water and mud in what used to be the grassy areas around our complex. I guess we just can't win!

Glad you enjoyed your prize, Sean, and that it brightened your day a little. That's sweet of you to share with your g/f. :love: Have a great week ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter