• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Counter service at Hollywood Studios?

Either Backlot Express or ABC Commissary. I prefer the seating at ABC Commissary so that would get my vote personally.

Usually don't eat there due to lack of great places, but last time we went Rosie's cafe with the Fried Green Tomato sandwich was really good.

The Backlot Express is our favorite. The best salad anywhere, chicken and waffles, and great cupcakes
:)

Backlot express is our fav. Free drink refills for soda. You can watch the Jedi training academy show. And it now serves two of my kids faves in one meal: chicken nuggets and waffles. ABC is nice if you just want to get away. Very quiet and secluded. Don't forget pizza rizzos for muppet themed pizza and salad. The sunset blvd locations are ok but all outdoors so there's little relief from the Florida heat.

Usually don't eat there due to lack of great places, but last time we went Rosie's cafe with the Fried Green Tomato sandwich was really good.

Us too! And I used to hate Rosie's...the food :crazy2: and crazy chaotic seating:crowded: I Was kinda miffed at DH for "making" me eat there. But, the Fried Green Tomato sandwich and their pale ale :drinking1was a diamond in the rough!! DH and DD liked their chicken nuggets & fries (standard Disney at any CS). We actually even found a decent table without looking forever as well. It changed my mind about Rosie's when we're hanging out on that street between Rock Coaster & ToT FP's :scratchin

Backlot express. Great prices for Disney. I'm not a vegetarian but they have a good veggie sandwich with fries for 9.99. Also there is a 20 percent off discount for annual pass holders. You refill your own drinks meaning you save money that way also. My wife and I only get one drink between us.

Some people like the table service at sci FI restaurant. Not too much more money than quick service.

Another vote for PizzeRizzo! That's another place (was formerly Pizza Planet) offering counter service in Hollywood Studios. Compared to the outdoor seating at Rosie's and others near ToT and Fantasmic, PizzeRizzo offers indoor seating in a more quiet section of the park.

Those who vote Backlot - is it hard to get a table or long lines at lunchtime?

Those who vote Backlot - is it hard to get a table or long lines at lunchtime?
we always eat earlyish around 11:00/11:30 and there are many registers open and lots of seating. I would imagine that the lines are busy at peak times, but they get you through pretty quick!

there is a stand alone cart in front of the indiana jones stunt spectacular. It sells the freshest, most wonderful waffle sandwiches you could imagine. They are amazing!!!

Another vote for Backlot Express. We have gone in late August when the parks are not as crowded and I suspect a table might be challenging in the busiest times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter