Countdown to the Clown! A September PTR - Updated 9/13 - TR LINK

Brook,

It never ceases to amaze me how things can seem so dismal one minute, then in a heartbeat, it all falls into place!! :thumbsup2 I'm so happy for your family that you are now in NYC - where you wanted to (and ought to) be!! ;)

Hard to believe Henry is almost 3!! :eek: Just as cute as can be and I'm sure he's giving you & DH great joy! :cloud9:

Just saw your request on the AKL thread...here's the picture:

BWVmap02.jpg

And here's his explanation:
There were three different exits we could use to avoid trudging down the halls:
[map: Green path] One leading to the front was right next to our room. It led to the front driveway, on the hotel side of the bridge which separates the parking lot from the grounds.

If not using valet, we turned <right> there, and were a hop, skip, & a jump from the lot. When using valet, we simply turned <left> and walked up to the entrance...and I adore this walk. BTW, The Boardwalk entrance is my favorite of all Disney Resorts...
BW2006.jpg

...yes, cooler than the Wilderness Lodge and AKL's thatch roof entrance. Just my opinion, as I have a thing for that throwback old east coast style with the clear incandescent bulbs outlining it...

[map: Yellow path] The next exit was opposite our front one...it technically went to a smoking area (didn't encounter any there) which was conveniently located by the QUIET POOL (<- that which EVERY resort should have!!!). We could be at the pool or hot tub in about 30 seconds...or continue around, and hit the main pool.

[map: Blue path] The third escape (blue & red paths) was at the end of the building; just a short hike to the end of the hallway. That deposits you by the Riverwalk, at which point if you turn right you can go to either pool, continue on to the Boardwalk (Dance Hall entrance area), head over to the Swan/Dolphin bridge, or ramble on over to the Yacht/Beach club. Neato!

[map: Red path] Turning left out of the hotel sets you on your way down that gorgeous riverwalk toward Hollywood Studios.

-----

These (Red and Blue paths) are what gives BWV a tactical advantage over BLT, AKL, and WLV...the other DVC resorts put you close to only one park. BWV gets you to Hollywood Studios and Eppy Cot, naturally.

Sorry about the size...I can always erase this and just put the link to the page up if you'd rather have that. Don't know why the pic is so big. :headache:

Hurrah! So excited for your trip!

CVO...:lmao: Adorable title and perfect for you!

I can't wait to hear about BWV. The rooms look so pretty.

The clown's eyes glow at night?? :faint: That might give me nightmares for months! :rolleyes:

I'm here too! yayyy! :) Can't wait to see and hear all about this trip!

Welcome! Thank you for joining in!

Thank you for reading!

I am here too! Glad you got to keep your dvc and crossing fingers that the house gets sold... what a stressor I am sure!

I am interested in your thoughts on the Boardwalk too. We went for a night swim in the pool.... or really the girls and DH did. Luke slept and then played at the playground. We did a small bit of exploring... hope you do more and give me your two cents, I hope we stay there soon!

The house ordeal has been such a pain. I've pretty much just let it be, but I know it stresses Joe a ton.

I am really looking forward to the Boardwalk, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and do a review! The pool looks amazing, we have some downtime planned, so that will be where we are! :goodvibes

I am here too, I have to follow the adventures of Henry!!

Thank you for joining in!!!!

Me too!
Lisa

:welcome:

Hi Brook! I'm afraid I was lurking for the last few weeks in your TR, but I was right there and always enjoying it. I'm so glad that this next trip (and your new NYC life, in general) has come together for yall. Can't wait to get started on the PTR. :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! No worries on lurking - sometimes it's just easier! I was a posting fiend, so that is hard to keep up with too. :laughing:

I'm here and can't wait to hear about all your plans. They will help us get through to October.

And then your trip will help us all get through until March!!

Here !! I'm here!! On page one! WOOT!

I totally understand having a favorite park that if you only had one day to do the World you wouldn't go to! :lmao:

I'm the same wayyyyyyyyyy!!! Epcot is my fave but Magic Kingdom would have to be the park (obviously.... that's our plan NEXT WEEK) if we only had one day to be in the parks!

I understand having a hubby that likes to relax and not plan and having secret plans in the back of your head anyway! :rolleyes1 Exactly the same with our bunch!

Can't wait to see Boardwalk through Brook's eyes!! 33 days!! It'll fly by!!!!!! :woohoo:

So glad to hear that the house is nearing close finally!! So happy for y'all! :yay:

Anxiously awaiting more of your plans! popcorn::

I'm glad that made sense about the parks! :laughing: I just can't go to WDW and NOT go to MK. You just have to see the Castle, it makes the reality of "I'm in WDW, sink in!"

These 33 days are gonna whip on by. It's hard to believe we have already been in NYC for almost 2 months - the summer is disappearing!

I'm here!

:welcome:

I'm here! :yay:

Thank you for reading!!

Joining in! :wave:

...think I just made the first page! :banana:

Yahooooooo! I can't remember the last time I made page 1 of someone's report! :laughing:

Great start, Brook.

The clown doesn't freak me out. I really hope it's warm enough in January for me to slide down him once. :rotfl2:

The clown actually doesn't freak me out either - I have no issues with clowns. But I think it's funny that they put a clown there and SO many people have a clown fear. The fact that his eyes glow is a tad creepy though...

I'm SO looking forward to the slide! It looks awesome!

My thoughts exactly. :goodvibes

I am so glad it worked out for you to keep your DVC. Pinching pennies is not fun. I've become somewhat of an expert in that field. Heat and air kept to a minimum, lights off, no extras. It does work on your morale, but Disney trips are worth the sacrifices. I am so happy Joe got his good job.

Today is August, so...
you are going to Disney World next month! :dance3:

That is exactly what we were doing. I would unplug every appliance when it wasn't in use, use coupons for EVERYTHING we purchased...it was a lot of work to pinch pennies like that! But we had to sock away a lot of money for closing. :sad2:

It is all worth the sacrifice for Disney - I agree! I was just thinking yesterday about how we could afford a bigger/nicer apartment with Joe's new job - BUT, that would also mean we'd have a tighter budget and I'd just much rather travel....and buy more DVC points. ;)

I'm here, Brook! I am so excited to see what kind of great photos you get while you are at the Boardwalk!!! :banana:

:welcome: I can't wait to photograph the BW! It's such a vibrant area. I'm also very much looking forward to using the Private Entrance of Christine and Wigd. :laughing:

i'm here! We liked the boardwalk but since it was DH and I then...we did not go to the pool! Course we didn't go to the pool at the BEach club either when we had Caleb with us but then again it was only 40 degrees then! LOL! Caleb and my nephew would have loved them!

This is a special trip too! THe first time you have to pay for Henry! LOL!

I'm really looking forward to checking out the pool. Henry has now become quite a waterbaby. He enjoys fountains and sprays and yesterday had a ball in the waves at the ocean! I'm excited for the pool! Previously he was kinda lukewarm to it all.

Can you believe we are leaving the day AFTER he turns 3 which requires us to fork out a ton more cash?!?! Our date choice was a tad frustrating to me, but all well, it was gonna happen at some point! :rotfl:

I'm here, I'm here! I'm so excited that you guys get to go this trip!!! I love the title on the ticker!!!!

:laughing: I thought about that for the title of the PTR, perhaps it will be the title for the TR!

I'm here too! The clown may look creepy, but DH really like the slide hidden inside.

The slide looks awesome! I'm very excited about visiting The Clown. I think the name of the slide, the Kiester Koaster, is hilarious too!

Brook,

It never ceases to amaze me how things can seem so dismal one minute, then in a heartbeat, it all falls into place!! :thumbsup2 I'm so happy for your family that you are now in NYC - where you wanted to (and ought to) be!! ;)

Hard to believe Henry is almost 3!! :eek: Just as cute as can be and I'm sure he's giving you & DH great joy! :cloud9:

It's so true! And I kept telling myself all along that everything would work out, but in the midst of trying to sell the house for SO long and all the annoying hurdles - it was disheartening and frustrating. But look, here we are, on the other side and having a PAR-TY! ;) I'm blessed.

I cannot believe my little baby is almost 3. His sentences are what shocks me every single day, he is so verbal, it's incredible! He's learning to read already! :eek:

Sorry about the size...I can always erase this and just put the link to the page up if you'd rather have that. Don't know why the pic is so big. :headache:

THANK YOU! This gives me a really good idea of the layout of the resort, which has always confused me. No worries on the size, I like it big so I can see it well!

Cvo .....love it!!!!

I stole that one from my former Disney crazy co-worker. He calls his wife that! :laughing:

Hurrah! So excited for your trip!

CVO...:lmao: Adorable title and perfect for you!

I can't wait to hear about BWV. The rooms look so pretty.

The clown's eyes glow at night?? :faint: That might give me nightmares for months! :rolleyes:

:lmao: Sorry about the nightmares!!!! :goodvibes I couldn't believe his eyes glowed either...it really surprised me! So many people have clown fears and they just made it WORSE!

I'm here! Yay for another trip!

:welcome: thank you for joining us over here!!

As MeMom pointed out...

It's August and that means....

We are going to Disney World next month!!!!

:yay::dance3::yay::dance3:

I plan to do a real update today; however, Joe just asked me - and I quote:

Joe: "Do you need any clothes for the trip?"

I stared at him.

Me: "I can always use clothes."

Joe: "I want to go shopping."

Must.Take.Advantage.

Signing off for now, will be back later!

I'm Here Too!!!:thumbsup2

New clothes for vacation is always awesome. Makes it feel like a vacation doesn't it?:)

KIM

You know we're gonna need pics of all the goodies you get today, right?

:lmao:

I dream of hearing those words come out of my husband's mouth. " I want to go shopping."

:scared1:

I'm determined this trip to not feel guilty while he sits on a bench outside World of Disney. I keep telling myself him sitting on a bench outside of WoD is better than him being at work! :rotfl: I will get my shop on this trip. Oh yes I will!

Hooray for retainign the DVC!!! :dance3:Just hopped over from you Dec. trip report (which I enjoyed!). I think we are on the same Diz schedule, I was there last Dec. and my next trip is BWI, Sept. You have such a lovely family and Henry (Cutie Pie) looked like he ate up the attention from Grammy and Poppa in Dec. Subbing for PTR and hopefully a TR when you get back!

Hi Brook! I can't believe you are on page 3 already!!! :thumbsup2 I loved finishing up your last TR, you made me laugh with your story about Joe on the phone saying New Orleans.... :rotfl:
So this is exciting that you are headed to the creepy clown! :laughing: He is rather weird, we have always thought he was a bit disturbing... but the Boardwalk Villas are worth it! That whole area is fun and full of entertainment. I hope you like it as much as we do! It's so nice to walk back to the villas through the international gateway, very peaceful. :cloud9:

Jumping on board of course! I too can't wait to see your pictures of Boardwalk, both day and night pictures. I am sorry there have been so many problems with the sale of your house...hopefully it will all work out now. I know you guys are really enjoying NYC and can see that in all of your pictures from there.

Looking forward to reading about your plans for the trip and then reading the TR. Hope you had fun shopping today! I always love reading about your bag decisions.

I'm in! That clown slide is like the creepiest thing ever. Don't think I'd want a room overlooking it. The clown might come to your room at night with it's evil glowing eyes and eat you! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter