COSTUMES NO MORE FOR ADULTS!

Oh my gosh please you guys, get over this! No costumes? Really is that such a huge deal?

Moderators please step in.

This is such a non issue. Really. I mean I cannot believe the stuff I'm reading. Like I'd dress up or care if I could. Whatever!

You want the moderators to tell people not to care about this?

Oh my gosh please you guys, get over this! No costumes? Really is that such a huge deal?

This is such a non issue. Really. I mean I cannot believe the stuff I'm reading. Like I'd dress up or care if I could. Whatever!

I mean, to some people it is. For a personal example - It won't change whether or not I go to Disney, but it will change whether or not we go to Halloween parties. DH and I went to the party in October on our honeymoon, and had a great time dressed up. Our costumes weren't crazy over-the-top, but it was fun. We don't have kids so that was a huge part of it for us - getting to dress up and be kids and celebrate Halloween when ordinarily we don't. We don't go to Halloween parties at home or anything, but we love Halloween. We feel that the party was way too crowded and there weren't that many party-only perks to justify spending the extra money, but being able to go in costume helped. So no costumes is just one more thing to add to the "reasons not to spend the money" column, but it does make that column outweigh the "reasons to spend the money" one. We had been talking about our costumes for the next time we go to the party, but if it sticks, we'll not only not go to the party, but now we'll look into going for the Christmas decorations instead of the fall.

I don't see the big deal. Honestly there are so many other things to get all riled up over.. not being able to dress up at MNSSHP seems like a blimp on their radar and mine.

Then I suppose you won't mind paying the $750+ for our 3 parties that we usually attend? Half of the fun of attending the parties for our teens(14 and 15) is being able to dress up as their favorite anime/toon/vid game characters. Who the heck wants to trick or treat in Aeropostle?

For our two teens, ages 14 and 15, yes it is a big deal. We've been going since they were 7 and 8 and the Halloween party is the main reason we go in September.

ahh ty for clarification I didnt think of people dressing as outright copies of cms and what not. I thought even during mnshhp if your costume was close enough to one of the actual meet & greet people they didn't allow you in.

I've seen quite a few at MNSSHP dressed to almost perfection. During parties you see all kinds of special characters not normally out so it would be difficult to say who can come in. It is one reason they ask you not to take your picture with other guests as to not confuse them. I snuck a picture with the three fairies once that were perfect.

The great thing about forums is you read and participate where you want. There are tons of threads I ignore and move on because I think the subject not worth my time. No reason for moderators to step in, I haven't read anything inappropriate.

Last edited:
It was fun dressing up, but I would 100% still go to the party even if I can't dress up.

Regardless, clearly there was probably some threat and disney felt the need to act. Even if there was no threat, they felt the need to add more security given current events.

I for one am thankful to disney for trying to protect their guests. Because safety comes first, before Halloween costumes, toy guns, etc and I will find more than enough things to do at disney to enjoy myself without toy guns and a Halloween costume.

I've seen quite a few at MNSSHP dressed to almost perfection. During parties you see all kinds of special characters not normally out so it would be difficult to say who can come in. It is one reason they ask you not to take your picture with other guests as to not confuse them. I snuck a picture with the three fairies one that were perfect.
Awesome that ya got a pic with them. My joy in MNSHHP is dressing up i've gone as Rogue and the Wicked Witch and i've had CM's stop me for pictures. But I hadn't seen people dressed as disney m&g people, have seen some AWESOME mansion ghosts. I'd personally not enjoy it without dressing up, but I figure we have almost a year til Halloween who knows what the rules will be then so I'm not stressing over it.

Then I suppose you won't mind paying the $750+ for our 3 parties that we usually attend? Half of the fun of attending the parties for our teens(14 and 15) is being able to dress up as their favorite anime/toon/vid game characters. Who the heck wants to trick or treat in Aeropostle?

They could Disneybound.

They could Disneybound.

Not the same, although I appreciate the idea. They don't dress as anything Disney related. They usually go as characters from Attack on Titan, or Fight Night at Freddys...things of that nature. I'm not sure why 14 is the cutoff, but I shouldn't be surprised considering that they charge 10+ as adults. Kind of ironic for a company that wants everyone to remain a kid at heart.....

Not the same, although I appreciate the idea. They don't dress as anything Disney related. They usually go as characters from Attack on Titan, or Fight Night at Freddys...things of that nature. I'm not sure why 14 is the cutoff, but I shouldn't be surprised considering that they charge 10+ as adults. Kind of ironic for a company that wants everyone to remain a kid at heart.....

They go to a Disney Halloween party and don't dress up as a Disney character? Maybe they are ready to say goodbye to MNSSHP - perhaps a local teen party at home would be fun for them?

They go to a Disney Halloween party and don't dress up as a Disney character? Maybe they are ready to say goodbye to MNSSHP - perhaps a local teen party at home would be fun for them?

Um, yeah, there's plenty of people that go to MNSSHP at WDW and don't go as Disney characters. There's also plenty of people that recognize their costumes. I go as Troy Polamalu and get plenty of recognition. I must have missed the fine print on the tickets that state you must dress as a Disney character.....

Also, have you NOT heard them play Welcome to the Jungle during the Halloween party. Can you tell me which Disney animated classic that song was written for?

LOTS of people don't dress as Disney characters at the party... Can't tell you how many minions and super heroes and general "Halloween" icons we saw at MNSSHP in October. There was nothing saying you had to dress in a Disney-exclusive costume.

Just curious how some here would feel if Disney came out and said for security reasons, no more backpacks and no more outside food.

I never bring outside food to a place that sells food, so no problem. As to backpacks I can do without that too.

Our next trip I plan to go without our back pack (I am tried of being the pack mule). I remember when we visit the museums in DC it says no back packs and that was 10 years ago. I am surprised Disney allows them.

I know it is frustrating that Disney is changing it's policy. A more productive thing would be for everyone that is upset about this to write in to Disney and express how this upsets you? Maybe if they get enough responses they will change their minds on the costumes and just make everyone go through metal detectors or something?

Awesome that ya got a pic with them. My joy in MNSHHP is dressing up i've gone as Rogue and the Wicked Witch and i've had CM's stop me for pictures. But I hadn't seen people dressed as disney m&g people, have seen some AWESOME mansion ghosts. I'd personally not enjoy it without dressing up, but I figure we have almost a year til Halloween who knows what the rules will be then so I'm not stressing over it.

Yes, we had all just met characters in Toontown and exited the back door. We asked them to take photo in the hallway so we weren't seen by anyone. We saw a couple who looked like the HM dancers in the parade and they absolutely could have joined the parade and twice seen perfect Jack & Sally among others.

Yeah, the CM who posted said at the meeting they would re-visit as they got closer. It's 10 months away and who knows what they will decide. We are all adults, my one DS is disabled and getting dressed up for the party is HUGE. Again, we technically are wearing tshirts and shorts. We go to two parties with two different "costumes". After the crowds this year I am leaning to cutting back to one next year, but may skip altogether if he can't get dressed up. No stress but at the same time we do plan our trips around getting him to the parties ... been doing this for a decade. This is our bone costume, we all have them, even my folks have them for when they go with us. Tshirt and shorts painted front & back with bones. Technically regular clothes ... but will it be allowed???

2006_1001DisneySept060232.jpg

Just curious how some here would feel if Disney came out and said for security reasons, no more backpacks and no more outside food.

I don't think they will ban backpacks mostly due to all the stuff young families haul in that are necessary. It may be that they limit the size of them and increase the inspection of them. It used to be you couldn't bring any food in and I think they found lots of folks going out and having a picnic at their cars and as competition grew they didn't want anyone leaving the parks. I can see them limiting bringing in any liquids and I would be fine with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter