Coronado Vs Caribbean what Moderate do you prefer and why?

coffman6

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are heading to WDW in July and have one night to try a new resort. It has come down to Caribbean vs Coronado . Please tell us which you prefer and why. Please help with size of room, resort over all feel and how far from main pool and food you can be. Thank you!

I haven't stayed at CSR, but have walked around and it looks nice. We ate lunch there.
We stayed 10 nights at CBR, and enjoyed it very much. It's a beachy, tropical feel, landscaping is beautiful. Rooms are slightly larger then the other moderates, but they still have double beds.

We stayed in Jamaica, good location close enough to food court & main pool, and we were close to the bus stop.

CSR has queen beds, both resorts are spread along a lake, so there is the potential for a longer distance at either. CBR has a bridge across the lake.

I'd look at the resort maps to see the layout.

POR-Riverside is our fav Moderate.

Never stayed at Carribean but have stayed at CSR, enjoyed it so much that we will be staying there again on our upcoming trip :) I don't think you can go wrong either way.:woohoo:

My parents and I spent three nights at CBR back in December and we loved it. We were in Barbados #12, and we loved the walk every morning to Old Port Royale around the lake. The room was a great size as well. I've never stayed at Coronado, so I'm biased, but we would go back to CBR again.

Hi! We are heading to WDW in July and have one night to try a new resort. It has come down to Caribbean vs Coronado . Please tell us which you prefer and why. Please help with size of room, resort over all feel and how far from main pool and food you can be. Thank you!

of the moderates the CBR has largest rooms and depends what section your in to how close to pool yu are. CS was nice hotel wise but food court way to small for such a large and spread out resort...our favorite moderate is POR like the rooms they can sleep 5 and they or ours were close to food court which is good and they have a TS as well that is pretty good. like it as is calm over there and they have a boat that takes you to DTD that is relaxing trip:dance3:

I think we liked CSR better than CBR but my favorite mod is POR.

At CSR we were in the Casitas section (Bldg 4) and the theming was beautiful! There were fountains and flowers and it was impressive.

The pool at CBR is really something. And I loved hiking around the island.

Each resort has its own good points so I think that it could just come down to what really appeals to you.

We've stayed at both. We prefer CSR. We even prefer CSR over Wilderness Lodge now.

CSR only had 3 villages, so to us it seemed smaller than CBR.

For either one, I'd request preferred. Preferred at CSR is Casitas 1, 2, or 3 which is close to the restaurant. And it's a pretty short walk over to the main pool.

CSR had queen beds plus we got a rollaway for our son.

We loved CSR's breakfast buffet. It was a counter service. Lots to choose from. In our opinion, we liked it better than the Crystal Palace breakfast buffet. The lunch buffet was really good too.

Thank you all so much! Great responses it truely does sound like we can't go wrong ....except know I may go look at POR as so many seemed to like that one the best! Any other things you may think of are truely appreciated!

If you're going to check out POR may I suggest checking out POFQ. It is one of the smaller resorts in the mod dept. and the rooms all seemed really close to both the busses and food court. The rooms are really nice too.

We have stayed at CBR, POR, and CSR and have placed POFQ as our #1.

We stayed in cbr in April and CSR just a week ago. For us, we preferred cbr for our family. If I had older children or if it was just an adult trip, woukd prefer CSR. We really enjoyed the pool at cbr. I find it great for all ages. If you have younger children it is fantastic. CSR doesn't't have much of a children's area (they did have a good playground).

Food wise, strong preference to CSR. I thought the food court at cbr was just average.

If you are considering POFQ I would highly recommend it I loved staying there last summer!

I have stayed at both CBR and CSR, and I love CSR more. I am giving CBR another try this August (along with several resorts for a split stay extravaganza), and I am excited to try it again. I am hoping for a better experience this time.

When I stayed at CBR, it was July 2003, and even though the rooms had been recently refurbished, my room was dirty. There was mold in the bathroom, stains on the carpet and upholstery, and everything seemed dingy and worn. In hindsight, I should have asked for another room. We did ask to change resorts, but with the Fourth of July holiday, it wasn't happening.

We had requested Jamaica, but they put us in Building 11 of Barbados. It was a long walk for enjoying the amenities of the resort. We were not near the pool (which had not been refurbished yet) or the restaurants, and it was a disappointment, because we wanted to use both often. Our refillable mugs did not get near the workout that I hoped they would.

I am really excited to try the CBR pool this coming August, though. I have heard great things about it. And I must say that the grounds at CBR are beautiful. If we receive a dirty room (which can happen at any resort), I will ask to have it re-cleaned or request a different room.

When I stayed at CBR, I had only ever stayed in deluxe resorts at Disney (Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and AKL), and that may have made a difference in how I perceived the room, too.

In 2006, I tried CSR for the first time, and it was so much nicer. I have since stayed there again in 2009 and 2010. The rooms are elegant in comparison and super clean. Preferred rooms are close to the lobby and restaurants, but sometimes, we reserve a standard room and request to be near the main pool. That's the perfect location for us, because the pool is excellent. We have had the best laughs on the jaguar slide there. It is fast & furious and FUN! Plus, they have a snack bar (with great hamburgers) at the pool where we can refill our mugs. There is a game room next to the pool and a volleyball net and ping pong and a play ground. It is loads of fun. The pool really is a highlight of our stay there. The grounds are beautiful with the fountains and lake and marina. It is such a lovely resort.

We like the Pepper Market at CSR and the Maya Grill makes the best Eggs Benedict! There is an outdoor bar near the marina where we often eat outside and enjoy the lake view. I just love it there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter