Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're staying at CSR in May and have an 0815 ADR at Crystal Palace. I'm freaking out a little bit reading how far some of the rooms are and having to take buses to get to buses but I'm also somewhat anti driving at Disney. What time would we need to head out using the bus system or how long of a drive is it?

Also just fiddling around on the disney site earlier I noticed that the dates I booked for the rate has gone down a fair bit. Can that be adjusted or it considered locked in and done? I'm pulling the midnight shift all week so I have nothing to do except plan!

I think the size of CSR is waaaaayy overstated. There are 4 bus-stops and depending on where your room is, one of them will be close by. Go to that stop and a bus will pick you up --- you do not have to take a resort bus to get to the main buses to the parks. The buses make the loop to all the stops and head directly to the parks. I personally have not taken a bus to a park that early, but I know Disney does run buses quite early, but less frequently than during the operating hours. You'll probably want to be at your bus-stop by 7:15-7:30 to give yourself plenty of time. Or, take a taxi. If you choose to drive yourself it's not a very long drive (15 min) but you'll have to park at the Transportation Center and take either a monorail or ferry to MK, which may take another 30 min. You'd want to leave probably about the same time, 7:15-7:30. It seems early, but with my luck, I'm always missing the monorail and having to wait for another, or just missing the tram or whatever! The bus is nice because it drops you off right by the main gate. If you ask at the conceirge desk, they can probably tell you what time the early buses start running.

And to answer your booking question, if there's a better price, you can call and have it applied to your reservation, no problem! For example, if you booked paying "rack rate" (full price), you could call and have the Kids Stay & Play Free promotion applied if it's available for the resort and dates. Worth a call!

thanks for all the info that greatly helps me out and makes me so much more comfortable with my decision. Just was concerned since i'm planning it all for everyone so if I pick bad its my fault and I don't want to dissapoint. but, thanks for the info and we can't wait to get there.

I think the size of CSR is waaaaayy overstated.

I agree completely!! We had our first stay at CSR Dec. 2011. We were there for 9 days. We requested a room in Cabana's 9B or Casitas 1 because we wanted to be close to the food court. We had a room at CBR in 2008 that was right beside the food court and it was great. When we arrived at CSR we were assigned a room in Ranchos 7B. I was imediately very irritated thinking I didn't want to be that far away. When we arrived there was a Disney wide computer upgrade being done, so they couldn't assign another room until the next day. We were alittle put out that we would have the hassle of switching rooms, but not much could be done at that point.

Anyway we ended up in a 3rd floor room over looking the Ranchos private pool(we paid for water view) and it had a fantastic view. The Ranchos private pool is the most scenic of the CSR private pools, with a nice dessert theme. So plus one for this room assignment. We unpacked and set out to explore the resort. We discovered we were 2 mins from the main pool area, plus two!! After a very scenic 5-7 min walk we arrived at the main lobby/food court area. The end result was that we loved the view and area our room was in and it wasn't nearly as far to the food court as we thought it would be. There was only one group of buildings farther than ours. We are a fairly athletic family with one teen, so for us the short walk was never an issue. I guess if I had a couple of little kids to drag around or was less mobile that walk might have been a bigger deal, but its not as far as some people make it out to be.

Thanks, I feel much better about the whole size issue. I figure I'll find something else to obsess about in the next 88 days!

I agree completely!! We had our first stay at CSR Dec. 2011. We were there for 9 days. We requested a room in Cabana's 9B or Casitas 1 because we wanted to be close to the food court. We had a room at CBR in 2008 that was right beside the food court and it was great. When we arrived at CSR we were assigned a room in Ranchos 7B. I was imediately very irritated thinking I didn't want to be that far away. When we arrived there was a Disney wide computer upgrade being done, so they couldn't assign another room until the next day. We were alittle put out that we would have the hassle of switching rooms, but not much could be done at that point.

We love Ranchos 7B and actually request it for our stays!

Just back from our first stay at CSR, and all I can say is I LOVED it! We were in 9A room 9100, I couldn't have picked a better location. I guess we were upgraded to waterview:yay:pixiedust:pixiedust:because we were facing the Cabanas pool and the lake. We had excellent bus service, great food at the Pepper Market, loved the Dig Site, and just can't say enough great things about our stay. The resort did not feel huge by any means, yes it is big but the bus stops are very well placed. Thanks for all of the great info on this thread. This is now my fav resort ( I actually liked it more than the Poly) problem is on April 22 we will officially be a "Disney" family of 5. We shall see what next year brings:confused:

I go to WDW several times a year and at least 2 or 3 of those trips are solo. At CSR I've been solo in Casitas 2, Cabanas 9B, 9A, and 8A. I've never felt unsafe in any of them. My favorite building is 8A though (less than three minutes from the bus stop, less than three minutes from the main pool, and less than 5 minutes from the main building.

Thanks for the input! Good to know you felt safe too! I never seem to get my room requests, but I have never hated the location I end up with. I don't mind being far my the pool or food. I like the quite, but I've never went solo either.

We're going in August, older couple without kids...thinking CSR. Which part of the resort would you recommend?

We stayed in Casitas 4, very close to the bus stop, has a quiet pool, easy walk up to El Centro. We thought it was a great location.

It was cool when we were there so only went to Dig Site pool once, that was a longer walk.

Our bellhop was great when we checked in, he loaded all our stuff up and took us on a golf cart tour of the whole resort so we could see the layout.

The Casitas are really pretty at night.

We're going in August, older couple without kids...thinking CSR. Which part of the resort would you recommend?

DH and I (ages 58 and 53) have stayed at the CSR nine of our last ten trips and eight of those have been WITHOUT our kids (well, young men now at the ages of 25 and 22).

Our favorite section is Casitas 4 -- close to the quiet pool, fitness center/spa (I usually get a massage) and a five minute walk to the main building.

LOVED CSR!!! It was our first trip to Disney and we absolutely loved it! :love:

*The transportation was fantastic, and our wait times were never more than 10 mins in either direction.
*The Dig Site pool was a big hit with the kids (9 and 7) and husband loved the Siesta bar and using a QS for nachos and wings.
*Refillable mug, which I thought I wouldn't do, paid for itself quickly as I had coffee each morning when I woke-up 5:30am from the little window near Maya Grill drank as I reviewed touring plans overlooking Lago Dorado then refilled for husband on return. Also used at pool for sodas/ice tea.
* Ended up cancelling an 'Ohanna ADR one night to eat at Maya Grill as it was a beautiful afternoon/evening and everyone just wanted to stay put. Our server was fantastic as was the salmon for me and steak for husband fajitas for son and yes grilled chz for daughter. The flight of margaritas from the margarita expert was a fun treat (ask her about the horn she wears if you see her -great story).
* Magical Express was a breeze
* We stayed in Cabana 8B and enjoyed the proximity to transportation, dig site never needed a quite pool, laundry and the hammocks out front were glorious!!
*pillows and beds were sooooo comfortable! BEST hotel pillow I have ever had and I've stayed 5 star many times.
*We had to pay for a water view as the standards were gone when I booked 6 months out! We didn't need it as we were never looking out of our room...
*Conventioners were very present in business attire, and I can see where that would detract for some, but for me I felt we got better services and enjoyed the empty pool hammocks and buses as they weren't using them.
*Unless we were staying at a Monorail Deluxe I wouldn't go anywhere else.

One hint - when they put in the queen-sized beds, they kept the full-sized comforters, which is a little short on the sides - BUT if you turn it horizontally there is more width and no one was left short.

*The transportation was fantastic, and our wait times were never more than 10 mins in either direction.
*The Dig Site pool was a big hit with the kids (9 and 7) and husband loved the Siesta bar and using a QS for nachos and wings.
*Refillable mug, which I thought I wouldn't do, paid for itself quickly as I had coffee each morning when I woke-up 5:30am from the little window near Maya Grill drank as I reviewed touring plans overlooking Lago Dorado then refilled for husband on return. Also used at pool for sodas/ice tea.
* Ended up cancelling an 'Ohanna ADR one night to eat at Maya Grill as it was a beautiful afternoon/evening and everyone just wanted to stay put. Our server was fantastic as was the salmon for me and steak for husband fajitas for son and yes grilled chz for daughter. The flight of margaritas from the margarita expert was a fun treat (ask her about the horn she wears if you see her -great story).
* We stayed in Cabana 8B and enjoyed the proximity to transportation, dig site never needed a quite pool, laundry and the hammocks out front were glorious!!
*pillows and beds were sooooo comfortable! BEST hotel pillow I have ever had and I've stayed 5 star many times.
*We had to pay for a water view as the standards were gone when I booked 6 months out! We didn't need it as we were never looking out of our room...
*Conventioners were very present in business attire, and I can see where that would detract for some, but for me I felt we got better services and enjoyed the empty pool hammocks and buses as they weren't using them.

One hint - when they put in the queen-sized beds, they kept the full-sized comforters, which is a little short on the sides - BUT if you turn it horizontally there is more width and no one was left short.

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves. We went last February and are returning in ten days we love it so much! I also wanted to say that I completely agree with everything you just said. I see the convetioneers as a big plus for the reasons you stated and I still maintain that it makes for less crowded busses.

...we had a wonderful breakfast at Pepper Market with the Conventioners and I must say it was not that confusing, and I'd rather eat there than at the crowded, loud, chaotic, kids going balistic, napkin food flinging, quick eat one bite, character take picture sign book, eat one bite, repeat, harry carry character breakfasts of which we did twice. Now, my kids may not fully agree, but they enjoyed their Pepper Market breakfast and they truly appreciated the lack of crying shouting kids as much as I did!

I love reading reviews like this knowing we will be there three months from today.:yay: It makes me feel like I made the right choice on deciding to pick CSR for the first time. Last night I looked at trip advisor reviews and it kinda brought me down.

Thanks for the review!!

...we had a wonderful breakfast at Pepper Market with the Conventioners and I must say it was not that confusing, and I'd rather eat there than at the crowded, loud, chaotic, kids going balistic, napkin food flinging, quick eat one bite, character take picture sign book, eat one bite, repeat, harry carry character breakfasts of which we did twice. Now, my kids may not fully agree, but they enjoyed their Pepper Market breakfast and they truly appreciated the lack of crying shouting kids as much as I did!

I was worried the first time we went to Pepper Market. It seems like reviews on the boards were all negative and made it sound so confusing but it was very simple and is one of my favorite CS places on property. The food is great and my dd(10) loves it also.

I just book CSR today for my first Solo TRIP! I asked for a room close to the main building (I thinking it would feel safer for a single female). The CM put my request in the Main Building, not sure what area that is. Anyone have a suggestion on an area that would be good for a solo?

Thanks for ALL the info and reviews!

Spent 10 days solo in Nov/December at CSR, my first stay there. I was in building 9A Cabanas and it was right over the bridge from the main building and close to bus stop 1. Having said that I am returning again in March and hope to be in the same area but really am not to concerned about location as the resort its self is well lighted and seemed very safe to me when walking about at night. I came back several nights alone very late and really was not concerned. Have a great trip, its a great resort!!

Thanks for the report- we're returning in 6 days and can't wait.:yay:

Do you know what brand of coffee they had at the pick up window? I've forgotten if it has changed (my BIL hated it last time in '09). I thought I had a conversation with Kathy (KatMark) before and she told me but I can't find it silly me. :rolleyes1

I have not finished reading all the threads, only on page 15.

I booked a preferred room and she said it would be in Cabans 9A or 9B.

Has anybody been in one of those rooms? Is it far to the bus and restaurant?

I have not finished reading all the threads, only on page 15.

I booked a preferred room and she said it would be in Cabans 9A or 9B.

Has anybody been in one of those rooms? Is it far to the bus and restaurant?

The preferred rooms are NOT in Cabanas 9A or 9B, they are in Casitas 1, 2 and 3 (you were given wrong information). Cabanas 9B is Club Level when a convention pays for it; if a convention doesn't pay for it, those rooms are given to regular paying guests WITHOUT the Club Level offerings.

We have stayed in Cabanas 9A and it is a very short walk to the bus and restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter