Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we're headed back for our 3d stay at CSR - just realized our arrival date is 1/11/11. :cool1: Hope it's warm enough for some pool time this year!

I'm about a week out from online check in and I'm trying to decide if I should also make a room request or if I should chance it and ask to moved if I hate my location.

We've done the fax request as outlined in this thread about a week in advance, and it's worked fine. I would think it would be easier to get the request in the first place as opposed to trying to move if you don't like what you get.

With morning EMH being moved up to 7am :eek: on our departure day and our flight being pushed back a couple of hours :woohoo: I'm thinking a late check-out would be pretty great! That way we could get in several hours when the park is least crowed and head to finish packing when the crowds pick up.

When and how would I request this? How late could I get checked-out? What are the odds of this request being granted? We check-out Dec 23rd if that's important.
Thanks!

I am heading to CSR in a couple weeks and just found out that the food service is not Disney owned. I have talked to one of the chefs and has said all the right things. I was wondering if anyone has had experience dealing with food allergies at Pepper Market? Were they accommodating? Do you get the same attention you get at Disney owned Properties? The only bad experiences we have had food allergy wise at Disney are with non-Disney owned restaurants (Les Chefs de France) so I am a bit concerned.

With morning EMH being moved up to 7am :eek: on our departure day and our flight being pushed back a couple of hours :woohoo: I'm thinking a late check-out would be pretty great! That way we could get in several hours when the park is least crowed and head to finish packing when the crowds pick up.

When and how would I request this? How late could I get checked-out? What are the odds of this request being granted? We check-out Dec 23rd if that's important.
Thanks!

First thing in the morning on checkout day, call mousekeeping and ask for a late checkout. The latest they will give you is 1PM, this is all based on the capacity of the resort for that day. We have always been granted at least an hour but most of the time til 1PM.

Hi Katmart,
I love your thread :lovestruc
I am visiting next May/June and it will be my first trip to WDW. My partner and I are going for our 10 year anniversary.
I would love to stay at the Contemporary but at the end of the day just think it is too expensive cosnidering the amount of time that will be spent at the hotel itself.
So I am thinking that the CSR may be a winner as it looks really good. I have read a lot of reviews on tripadvisor.com and most seem pretty good. May I ask a question about the casitas? If we request 4 or 5 do you think we will still e able to get to the bus stops easily enough to get a seat - is it far to walk to the first bus stop to ensure we get on the bus we would like?
Also - re the codes, if I call up DSR direct do I just say straight up that I have a code?
If you could assist with these questions I would be very very happy :banana:
Many thanks
Brett
P.S Is there a cocktail bar in the actual pool at CSR?

Thank you for the kind words. Casitas 4 and 5 are close to Bus Stop 2, the first stop picked up and dropped off (Casitas 4 is a little closer).

I don't know about the codes because I've never used one (I use a TA for our Disney trips).

haven't been able to find it but can you get roll away beds? I thought I read somewhere that you could rent them a night. The kids ideally like seperate beds.

We are hoping to go in August as long as we can get our reservation changed from fort wilderness cabins.

Also my parents are coming with us and what is the best rooms to get that are near the DSA as my dad is a heavy smoker

I think they are like $15 per night...but I'm not positive.

There are DSA's all around the resort; your dad should have no problem.

Great thread :thumbsup2
After looking at all the fabulous pictures I decided to switch my January reservation from POR to CSR. I haven't stayed at CSR since my honeymoon back in Dec. 1997 when they first opened!!

Welcome back; you will LOVE the changes at CSR. The new rooms are fabulous.

Suggestions for room request??

Hey Friends,

We will be there Jan. 1st- 8th...We are a family of 4...DH, DS14, DD10 and myself. I am thinking I will prefer Casitas or Cabanas...we don't have to be close to the pool or dig site since it will be January and our kids are older...

I look at the room suggestions and get a bit overwhelmed...what do you all suggest?

FYI - We are the type who get up early to be in the parks by rope drop and go ALL day!

THANKS!

It is hard to say because as of January 1 there will be "preferred" rooms that you will have to pay for. And, unfortunately, we don't know what buildings those are. The consensus is that all of the Cabanas could end up being preferred but no one knows for certain. Personally, our favorite is Casitas 4 and 5...a five to six minute walk to the main building and about a ten minute walk to the main pool (also Casitas 4 and 5 are close to the first bus stop).

I saw an old post on the snack thread that CSR has gelato for a DDP snack credit.
You can find jjohnson's awesome snack list here if you haven't already...YUM!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2381706
Can anyone confirm that you can get a small gelato for a snack credit?
Do they have gelato at Pepper Market or Rix or both or somewhere else?
TIA!
popcorn::

Yes, you can get a small gelato for a snack credit.

Ok, so I have all of our days scheduled but the last day. I need some help with that. Travel dates are Dec. 14-22nd.
We have breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's at 9:20. So we'll have to check out before we leave for that. Just in case we aren't back in time for the 11 am check out.
Our flight leaves at 6:50 pm. I am assuming that since the TSA added a whole lot more to security checks at the airports, we will probably have to be back 4 hours prior to flight time, rather than the usual 3. That and since it's a busy travel time, they will likely do 4 hours prior to flight anyway.
So we have from 10:30am until 2:50pm to kill time.
I had thought of Downtown Disney, but now I am worried about the travel times to and from DTD. Seems like by the time we got there, we would have to turn back around.
We have 3 kids ages 3,3, and 9 months.
Any thoughts?

How about taking the kids miniature golfing at one of the Disney golf courses? If you want to go to DTD, I would take a cab (I would NEVER take a bus there no matter how much time I had).

I'm about a week out from online check in and I'm trying to decide if I should also make a room request or if I should chance it and ask to moved if I hate my location. I think we would prefer Casitas. If we get a room we can't stand the location of, can we ask to be moved? I really just don't want to be in Ranchos. They look like a typical Las Vegas apartment complex and for me that is not vacation like at all considering I live in a Las Vegas apartment. Can I just call and ask them to note that to my reservation like they do my anniversary?

You can call Central Reservatioins to note your "request" as long as you know it is only a request and not a guarantee. I would do it soon as rooms are usually assigned five days before your arrival. If you get there and you are assigned a Rancho room, there is no harm in asking (nicely, of course) if there is any chance to move you to one of the Casitas, etc. We have always found them very willing to work with us as long as there was availability.

Well, we're headed back for our 3d stay at CSR - just realized our arrival date is 1/11/11. :cool1: Hope it's warm enough for some pool time this year!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I am heading to CSR in a couple weeks and just found out that the food service is not Disney owned. I have talked to one of the chefs and has said all the right things. I was wondering if anyone has had experience dealing with food allergies at Pepper Market? Were they accommodating? Do you get the same attention you get at Disney owned Properties? The only bad experiences we have had food allergy wise at Disney are with non-Disney owned restaurants (Les Chefs de France) so I am a bit concerned.

I've not had to deal with this personally, but I remember a review from earlier this year where the person had a child who had food allergies, and they were very accommodating for them.

Reference to food allergies at Pepper Market. I have uncommon food allergies (mustard and mushrooms) and the cooks came out and explained the menu to us. I felt that they were great about making me feel comfortable with my food choices. Another note about food allergies..to me Disney has been the most accommading place for me. I even told one of the chefs that spoke with me: Isn't it funny, Disney can accommadate my food allergies but McDonalds can't/wont. All we do is tell the server that I have allergies and they will bring out the cooks. If there is no server and you go through the line, just tell one of the staff and they will make sure you are taken care of. Have fun

Ok, so I have all of our days scheduled but the last day. I need some help with that. Travel dates are Dec. 14-22nd.
We have breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's at 9:20. So we'll have to check out before we leave for that. Just in case we aren't back in time for the 11 am check out.
Our flight leaves at 6:50 pm. I am assuming that since the TSA added a whole lot more to security checks at the airports, we will probably have to be back 4 hours prior to flight time, rather than the usual 3. That and since it's a busy travel time, they will likely do 4 hours prior to flight anyway.
So we have from 10:30am until 2:50pm to kill time.
I had thought of Downtown Disney, but now I am worried about the travel times to and from DTD. Seems like by the time we got there, we would have to turn back around.
We have 3 kids ages 3,3, and 9 months.
Any thoughts?

We love DTD. There are things for the kids to do, shopping for last minute souvenirs, plenty of eating choices, etc. There is a place where water comes out of the sidewalk that the kids can run through, just make sure you take a change of clothes if you want to let them run in it.

We only ride busses at WDW and we didn't have any trouble getting back and forth. It's not a very long ride and it's easy. There are 2 places to board busses at DTD so it's close to either end.

Isn't it funny, Disney can accommadate my food allergies but McDonalds can't/wont. All we do is tell the server that I have allergies and they will bring out the cooks.
McDonald's is a set menu with set ingredients. Period. That's why the food is exactly the same no matter which McDonald's you go to. Ray Croc once said, "I put the hamburger on the assembly line."

Disney gives its chefs more discretion.

I'm about a week out from online check in and I'm trying to decide if I should also make a room request or if I should chance it and ask to moved if I hate my location. I think we would prefer Casitas. If we get a room we can't stand the location of, can we ask to be moved? I really just don't want to be in Ranchos. They look like a typical Las Vegas apartment complex and for me that is not vacation like at all considering I live in a Las Vegas apartment. Can I just call and ask them to note that to my reservation like they do my anniversary?

Well, I'd definintely make the request! I also think that the Ranchos section looks like an apartment complex somewhere in the southwest...my thought was Arizona, but... Casitas is lovely with all the beautiful fountains at night. Really, though, the whole resort is gorgeous. You are going to have a great trip!:goodvibes

We leave Thanksgiving morning (had our turkey dinner this past Sunday). Will hit Savannah Thursday Night. Arrive in Orlando Friday (staying at the Omni Championsgate Fri and Sat). Sea World on Saturday.

Check in Sunday morning (11/28 - 12/5). Will hit Hollywood Studios Sunday and check out the Christmas light show.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas on Tuesday.

We can't wait to be there for the Holidays!

On my way today. Philadelphia then Amtrak on Thanksgiving Day. Arriving Friday for 13 day stay at CSR :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::
Happy Thanksgiving all and safe travels to those traveling.

We leave Thanksgiving morning (had our turkey dinner this past Sunday). Will hit Savannah Thursday Night. Arrive in Orlando Friday (staying at the Omni Championsgate Fri and Sat). Sea World on Saturday.

Check in Sunday morning (11/28 - 12/5). Will hit Hollywood Studios Sunday and check out the Christmas light show.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas on Tuesday.

We can't wait to be there for the Holidays!

I hope you have a great vacation! Drive safely:car:

On my way today. Philadelphia then Amtrak on Thanksgiving Day. Arriving Friday for 13 day stay at CSR :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::
Happy Thanksgiving all and safe travels to those traveling.

You , too:goodvibes. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving break!

Hi, CSR DISers:wave:

I recently added-on 3 days up front to our WL stay. Got a great AP rate of $142/night.

Our first stay at CSR was way back in May of 1998 when I was pregnant with DD who is now 12 and will be staying at CSR for the first time. This is the request I was going to place in our reservation, what do you guys think?

~Casitas
~Top floor/Corner room

I didn't want to specify a building number in hopes it would increase our chances of getting a top floor, which is very important to me. (I can't handle hearing a "stampede" above me:sad2:).

Also, which do you guys prefer for breakfast:

CR, PM or MG?

If I need to respond to anyone, I will come back later. However, I just got word on which rooms would be "Preferred" at the Coronado and they are Casitas 1 and 2 and Cabanas 9A and 9B.

That leaves Casitas 3, 4 and 5, Cabanas 8A and 8B and all of the Ranchos as "unpreferred."

Great! Really hoping for Cabana's 8A again this trip (stayed there 2007); but I'm torn because I love bus stop # 2 (near Casitas) and being first on.
That's why Casitas 5 was such a good location too in 2009.

Well, it might not be my decision in the long run, so we'll just wait and see.

Thanks Kathy!

Are the preferred rooms in place now or is there a date this will come into effect? We are there in two weeks and had already made a room request, however I would likely adjust it if this is in place now. TIA!

Are the preferred rooms in place now or is there a date this will come into effect? We are there in two weeks and had already made a room request, however I would likely adjust it if this is in place now. TIA!

They do not go into effect until January 1 when they start charging you to book preferred.

They do not go into effect until January 1 when they start charging you to book preferred.

Thanks - I just starting reading this thread again regularly in preparation for our trip so I wasn't too sure...very excited to go!!!

Need a break from work and everyday life (not to be 'boohoo', nothing out of the ordinary going on, just too busy of late especially trying to get ahead due to this holiday).

Hi everyone, it's been awhile.

I didn't want to specify a building number in hopes it would increase our chances of getting a top floor, which is very important to me. (I can't handle hearing a "stampede" above me:sad2:).

When we were there September past, we had a ground floor. However, I *never* heard anyone beside us or above us! It was wonderfully quiet! Hope this re-assures you and you get the same quiet.

That leaves Casitas 3, 4 and 5, Cabanas 8A and 8B and all of the Ranchos as "unpreferred."

Wonderful!! We loved being at Cabanas 8A and when we go back as a family - we want that area again!

My mom surprised me yesterday and said she would look after our kids for a week. So I'm going to be booking a trip back just for my husband & I!! :banana: Now I need to start reading that thread.

Because it will just be the two of us, we will stay at POP. The extra money will go toward upgrading to the DDP and purchase MNSSHP tickets. Without our daughter rushing us to candy station after candy station this time, I think I'll get to enjoy the night a whole lot more! :rolleyes:

We loved Pepper Market!! No one in our family has food allergies, but our children are picky eaters... :rolleyes:

I found the staff to be wonderful and very attentive! And Chef Matt, he was just awesome with my kids!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter