Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see the good reviews on Maya Grill. I have an ADR at 'Ohana for our arrival day dinner but there are lots of horror stories floating around the Restaurant Board of guests waiting a long time past their ADR time and that makes me nervous. I was thinking of Maya Grill so that we wouldn't have to go to another resort for dinner, so I'm glad to know it's good food. I'll have to check the kids' menu to see what my sons will like, though!

I have to agree with Kathy on this one. We were in Casitas 4 last year, which was a very short walk to Bus Stop 2 and maybe five minutes or so to El Centro. The Dig Site was a bit longer. But the grounds are so beautiful. The walks never felt tiresome to me, even after being out at a park for a long time. And I wouldn't say I'm in amazing shape, either! :lmao:

We also stayed in Castitas 4 and loved the location. We were on the little courtyard behind the quiet pool which faced the parking lot but the courtyard shielded us from the cars. It was soooo convienient to the bus stop but even if we got off at the main stop to get a drink or something it was a pleasant stroll back. It was cold when we were there only one pool day so not much walking to the dig site for us.

I'm glad to see the good reviews on Maya Grill. I have an ADR at 'Ohana for our arrival day dinner but there are lots of horror stories floating around the Restaurant Board of guests waiting a long time past their ADR time and that makes me nervous. I was thinking of Maya Grill so that we wouldn't have to go to another resort for dinner, so I'm glad to know it's good food. I'll have to check the kids' menu to see what my sons will like, though!

We ate there twice. DW and I shared the scallop app and had the Prime Rib one night and it was delicious. Very good creme brulee also.

DS had the tenderloin tips and thought they were great! Nice change from the normal nuggets and mac&cheese at most WDW child menu's

Here's the kids menu from allears
http://allears.net/menu/menu_mgk.htm

I have gone thru a ton of the pages in this thread & I apologize. I am getting some answers that vary - thought it would just be easiest to ask my questions again & hope someone could clarify without going thru another 35 pages...........

1. I read that Maya Grill has a breakfast buffet? But haven't located the cost. Allears did not have the buffet listed separately. Does anyone have price detail on that & what it includes? They no longer do a buffet for breakfast. I posted the breakfast menu below from AllEars

2. Where is Cafe Rix located? I can't locate it on any of the property maps I am looking at? Seems as if this would be ideal to get the day started if we can refill mugs there? It is right between the Peppermarket and the store

3. Is there now an internal shuttle system to avoid walking? I have read that there is a 'new' internal shuttle system of golf carts & that there is not. I did not see that when I was there in feb

4. Refillable mug can be refilled at Pepper Market? First read no, then yes. Yes, but they will be refilled by the CM's. You can also refill at Rix and the main pool bar I believe

5. Can your room charge at PM? Or can you use Disney Gift Cards directly at Pepper? (read that it is not owned by Disney).

6. To get to mini-golf we can take the Blizzard Beach bus for Winter Summer - but I lost the directions to get to Fantasia. Do I need to head to a park actually (or DTD) & then take a bus back to Swan/Dolphin? Or is there a more direct mid-route I am not thinking of? Fantasia is right behind Swan. So I guess that would be fastest. Don't know of any other transportation

Maya breakfast menu
http://allears.net/menu/menu_mgb.htm

5. Can your room charge at PM? Or can you use Disney Gift Cards directly at Pepper? (read that it is not owned by Disney).
Yes, you can charge to your room. Yes, you can use Disney Gift Cards. I've done both.

Leaving in 9 days:banana: for our first stay at CSR. First off, thank you for this great thread. It is filled with so much helpful info. One question, I didn't see any kids options at Siesta's...does this mean they can order off the regular menu with the dining plan?

Leaving in 9 days:banana: for our first stay at CSR. First off, thank you for this great thread. It is filled with so much helpful info. One question, I didn't see any kids options at Siesta's...does this mean they can order off the regular menu with the dining plan?

Yes, the kids can order off the regular menu at Siesta's. Have a great time. I hope you'll come back and let us know what you thought of it.

I get so excited every time I stop in here and read about the Casitas :rotfl: I hope I can get our room request in June!

I've read that you can refill your mug at the pool bar-is that self serve?

I get so excited every time I stop in here and read about the Casitas :rotfl: I hope I can get our room request in June!

I've read that you can refill your mug at the pool bar-is that self serve?

No, it is not self-serve. Just take it up to the window and they will fill for you.

Thanks - figured out another option to get to Fantasia also, which is bus to MGM, then boat to Swan/Dolphin. It isn't a bad walk to the mini-golf from there.

I actually seriously miss staying at S/D (Is it ok to say that here LOL??) It is a beautiful resort also.

But this trip is being funded primarily from Disney Gift Cards earned thru rewards programs (full paying for room!), so of course economically it makes the most sense to stay on property, plus we love the Disney hotels too.

Hey all.. we're getting close :yay: (and I promise to come back with a full report). One quick question, I saw you can order your Pepper Market meal "To Go" provided you get a to-go ticket before ordering.
Any suggestions on where would be a nice spot for a family of four to eat outside some hopefully warm evening? Can we take the food and eat at tables around the dig site, near Laguna bar, or is there a good spot around the trail near de Lago?

PS We are very conscientious and would only leave footprints.::MinnieMo

Thanks to all ~ this thread has been invaluable and yes I plowed through it all, but would love to remind folks to use the search this thread option if they are looking for something specific. TTFN

Hey all.. we're getting close :yay: (and I promise to come back with a full report). One quick question, I saw you can order your Pepper Market meal "To Go" provided you get a to-go ticket before ordering.
Any suggestions on where would be a nice spot for a family of four to eat outside some hopefully warm evening? Can we take the food and eat at tables around the dig site, near Laguna bar, or is there a good spot around the trail near de Lago?

PS We are very conscientious and would only leave footprints.::MinnieMo

Thanks to all ~ this thread has been invaluable and yes I plowed through it all, but would love to remind folks to use the search this thread option if they are looking for something specific. TTFN

There are place to eat around the resort. You can go over by the Dig Site and there are tables. We just at on the terrace outside the Pepper Market. Lots of seating, pretty view and clean. Here are some photos:

DSC_1351.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg

and at night:

Oct22103a.jpg

Have fun!!

We got home yesterday from a 6 night stay at the Coronado. It was mostly wonderful as usual. I am contemplating writing a trip report beacuse we had a very eventful trip.

In terms of the Coronado...

The room was clean and well cared for. We left tips for Mousekeeping and they kept us well stocked, left fun arrangements for this kids, and even left a note with a hide and seek game on our last day. The room was as lovely and comfortable as we remembered from previous visits. I LOVE the beds.

The dig site pool seemed heated better than usual. The water was like a luke warm bath water and the hot tub was great. Service at the pool bar was great and friendly.

Pepper Market food was OK....nothing new from our last several visits and this was disappointing. Service at the market was either exceptional or quite poor. We had decent meals here but did not enjoy it as much as past trips.

A great deal....the nachos at the Siestas Pool Area and the PB & J kids meals that came with fruit and a cookie. We ate at the hot tub one night and it was delicious and fun. There seemed to be fewer problems with the birds this year.

Bus service was OK...slow to Downtown Disney. Only crowded after shows at night.

Check-in was not ideal. Computers has been down and then two big conventions came in. The line was down to the Pepper Market at 2 PM. Since I was checking in a student group they did not make me stand in line but it still took an hour to get all room keys. Then they did not provide maps and I had to go back for them. Overall the Cast Member who helped me was very nice...just slow.

The Pepper Market and Room Service does not open until 7 AM and this did not work for us at all when the MK was set to open at 8 AM. We ended u with a cold, over-priced, and not fabulous breakfast from the Rix. We did have tasty Mickey waffles and french toast later in the trip.

Coronado is still my favorite resort....the amenities are the best of values and moderates. I'd stay here even if I was not going into the parks.

What I love....the pool, grounds, hammocks, queen beds, refurbished room decor, gift shop, lobby, pool bar, hot tub, and the many friendly cast members. I traveled with 39 students and about 20 other families. I heard mostly compliments on the Coronado as our choice. The only complaint was the far walk from the Ranchos to the Pepper Market.

There are place to eat around the resort. You can go over by the Dig Site and there are tables. We just at on the terrace outside the Pepper Market. Lots of seating, pretty view and clean. Here are some photos:

DSC_1351.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg

and at night:

Oct22103a.jpg

Have fun!!

AWESOME PHOTOS!!!!

Are there hair dryers in the room?

Yes, there are.
We got home yesterday from a 6 night stay at the Coronado. It was mostly wonderful as usual. I am contemplating writing a trip report beacuse we had a very eventful trip.

In terms of the Coronado...

The room was clean and well cared for. We left tips for Mousekeeping and they kept us well stocked, left fun arrangements for this kids, and even left a note with a hide and seek game on our last day. The room was as lovely and comfortable as we remembered from previous visits. I LOVE the beds.

The dig site pool seemed heated better than usual. The water was like a luke warm bath water and the hot tub was great. Service at the pool bar was great and friendly.

Pepper Market food was OK....nothing new from our last several visits and this was disappointing. Service at the market was either exceptional or quite poor. We had decent meals here but did not enjoy it as much as past trips.

A great deal....the nachos at the Siestas Pool Area and the PB & J kids meals that came with fruit and a cookie. We ate at the hot tub one night and it was delicious and fun. There seemed to be fewer problems with the birds this year.

Bus service was OK...slow to Downtown Disney. Only crowded after shows at night.

Check-in was not ideal. Computers has been down and then two big conventions came in. The line was down to the Pepper Market at 2 PM. Since I was checking in a student group they did not make me stand in line but it still took an hour to get all room keys. Then they did not provide maps and I had to go back for them. Overall the Cast Member who helped me was very nice...just slow.

The Pepper Market and Room Service does not open until 7 AM and this did not work for us at all when the MK was set to open at 8 AM. We ended u with a cold, over-priced, and not fabulous breakfast from the Rix. We did have tasty Mickey waffles and french toast later in the trip.

Coronado is still my favorite resort....the amenities are the best of values and moderates. I'd stay here even if I was not going into the parks.

What I love....the pool, grounds, hammocks, queen beds, refurbished room decor, gift shop, lobby, pool bar, hot tub, and the many friendly cast members. I traveled with 39 students and about 20 other families. I heard mostly compliments on the Coronado as our choice. The only complaint was the far walk from the Ranchos to the Pepper Market.

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the CSR yet again and that it is still a favorite. I always thought it a little odd that Pepper Market opened rather late for those wanting to get to EMH's. These days we usually go to EMH's and then grab a croissant or something at hte park.

I hope you do a trip report...I'd loved to read about the trip.

Random question regarding tipping for the Mousekeepers:

Where do you leave it and how much each day? Do you leave a note so they're clear it's for them? Any fun ideas?

Random question regarding tipping for the Mousekeepers:

Where do you leave it and how much each day? Do you leave a note so they're clear it's for them? Any fun ideas?

I bring envelopes from home - plain white envelopes, usually with Disney stickers on them (from Disney movie club come-ons, ones I find on sale, etc) and I write "Thank You!" across the front. I put the tip money in the envelope and leave it at the foot of the un-made bed. I tip every day, usually $5 for our family of 4. I try to put the money aside while I'm packing and take one envelope per night of our stay and keep them in the safe while we're there. I pull out one every morning when I'm re-stocking our cash for the day.

Generally I leave an envelope - daily - $1 dollar per person staying in the room. I leave the envelope on phone table. The envelopes are decorated with a large sticker that I make using my computer. Tagrel.com's (sorry this is my first post and I need to post 10x to give you the actual link or it would be here) Cast Member Appreciation cards will give you some ideas as to what you can do. Our last visit was at xmas time so I used some disney christmas clip art that I found on the web. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter