Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ticker is down to 00 days and just hours to go!!! Each time we stay at CSR, we're as excited as we were the first time. It feels like home!!

On our last day I said to my DS....next time we will probably do a non-Disney trip (Universal, WWOHP, Legoland etc.) He said "But can we still stay here because I never want to stay anywhere else". :)

As much as I love CSR, if you are going to Universal, you should consider staying onsite at Universal. The hotels are all four diamond, and the perks are much better than staying onsite at Disney. You can walk or take a boat to each of the parks, and onsite guests have unlimited express access (think unlimited fastpasses) for all rides except Pteranadon Flyers, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (currently - both HRRR and HPatFB have express lines, but they are not operational since the rides are newer. There have been some issues with the loading platform for HRRR, so I don't think that express line has ever been open). Onsite guests can currently enter the WWOHP one hour early each day (that is subject to change, but I think they will keep that perk until HPatFB opens the express line).

Staying onsite at Universal is a totally different vacation. No rushing for rope drop (unless you are using early entry for WWOHP) - you can go at any time and know you can ride almost every ride with little wait.

Sorry your DH and DS were sick!

24 hours from now, I'll be sitting in my room, waiting for the wife to get ready to go to the parks. We are both so excited. Glad we got a good pin so we can stay here for our honeymoon.

and it looks like the weather will cooperate too, so that's always a plus

24 hours from now, I'll be sitting in my room, waiting for the wife to get ready to go to the parks. We are both so excited. Glad we got a good pin so we can stay here for our honeymoon.

and it looks like the weather will cooperate too, so that's always a plus

Maybe we will see you in passing. Congrats on the honeymoon, I hope there is some added magic for you!

Sorry I've been missing in action. Work has been kicking my butt since we got back.

For all of you who are back and had a great time, I am so happy for you.

For those of you who are back and had issues, I hope the rest of your trip was magical.

And for all of you who are leaving soon...I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous...I wish we were back at DW. I hope you all have magical trips.

Hi all, It seems like it has been months since I first started lurking on this thread.:lmao: Thanks to everyone who posted great info and pictures, I changed our resort from the Wilderness Lodge to CSR early on.(despite what my ticker says) I can't believe that we are leaving in 4 days.:yay:I'm really looking forward to our stay and can't wait to come back with positive reviews as I know it will be.:woohoo:

mom2princesses2, wow, when did that happen? We were just talking about this not so long ago.

Can anyone who is back recently tell me what type of coffee to bring for the coffee maker? I think the last time we were there it was the little 2/4 cup mr. coffee style, but I know a lot of hotels are changing those. If it is pods or something I need to be prepared because me without coffee right out of bed is a very bad thing.

Have you heard the news?? CSR along with the deluxes know all have free Wi-Fi throughout the resorts!!
:dance3::dance3::dance3:

We got back on Tuesday-- must have just missed this. I did notice that my phone would pick up a free WDW wireless signal at random points in MK.

Can anyone who is back recently tell me what type of coffee to bring for the coffee maker? I think the last time we were there it was the little 2/4 cup mr. coffee style, but I know a lot of hotels are changing those. If it is pods or something I need to be prepared because me without coffee right out of bed is a very bad thing.

As of Tues, we still had the 2/4 c Mr. Coffee. They provide you with those pre-filled circle-filters--the filter holder is much smaller than a regular 8/10 c pot.

Just got back today. We had a 4 cup Mr. Coffee style coffee maker in our room. Unless you just prefer a special blend, Mousekeeping kept us well stocked with the French Roast regular and decaf packages.

We had a great time! Got back home late Saturday. Our room was in 7A and although Ranchos doesn't always get much love, we really enjoyed our room. I was super excited to see that we had not one but 2 windows for me to decorate and it's a good thing to because I had brought enough stuff to completely fill 2 windows. :hmghost:We saw several people stop to take a photo by my windows. Hehehe (will post photos later):hmghost:

I didn't open my computer once on vacation so the new wifi was lost on me

Traveling with a 19 month old we took things a lot slower and spent more time at CSR and we're so happy with the resort. Our plan was next vacation to try CBR but now we're not so sure! We ate dinner at either Pepper Market or Maya Grill every night. We were very pleased with the food in the resort. :thumbsup2Two huge thumbs up from the S1B clan. :thumbsup2

Oh and something I was wondering before but now can share with all...the vanity area is big enough for a pack and play, but beware toddlers like to hear the sliding door rattle and if they can manage open and close too...lol :rotfl2:

We had a great time! Got back home late Saturday. Our room was in 7A and although Ranchos doesn't always get much love, we really enjoyed our room. I was super excited to see that we had not one but 2 windows for me to decorate and it's a good thing to because I had brought enough stuff to completely fill 2 windows. :hmghost:We saw several people stop to take a photo by my windows. Hehehe (will post photos later):hmghost:

I didn't open my computer once on vacation so the new wifi was lost on me

Traveling with a 19 month old we took things a lot slower and spent more time at CSR and we're so happy with the resort. Our plan was next vacation to try CBR but now we're not so sure! We ate dinner at either Pepper Market or Maya Grill every night. We were very pleased with the food in the resort. :thumbsup2Two huge thumbs up from the S1B clan. :thumbsup2

Oh and something I was wondering before but now can share with all...the vanity area is big enough for a pack and play, but beware toddlers like to hear the sliding door rattle and if they can manage open and close too...lol :rotfl2:

So glad you liked the resort. We did too, although we hit the parks hard and didn't get to use the amenities as much as we would have liked. The rain on the Saturday we arrived put a damper on that. We ate once at Maya Grill and enjoyed it. Wasn't a huge fan of the Pepper Market. The food was okay, but just didn't care for how it was set up. We did get some food at Cafe Rix to take to the airport to finish up using our dining credits. Those sandwiches were good and pretty large to boot. We were located in Casitas 4 across the parking lot from Bus Stop 2 which was great. We would definitely stay here again if we decide to stay on property again and I had a discount code.

I know this may raise some eyebrows, but after staying at CSR last week, I would never pay for a "preferred" room just to be close to El Centro. We were in Casitas 4 which was a great location. Sure we had a parking lot view, but that view was of Bus Stop 2 which is the first pick up for buses going to the parks. It was probably only a 5 minute walk to El Centro going thru Casitas 1 - 3. We even carried our luggage over there on Saturday when we got to leave. The difference in our regular room and one of the preferred rooms was enough to pay for private transportation to and from the airport.....only because it was our anniversary and that was one of our splurges for the trip. I think a lot of those preferred rooms are closer to Bus Stop 1 which is actually the last pick up stop going to the parks. A couple of mornings our bus was so packed that the driver never even went to that stop as there was no more room on the bus to put anyone.

I know this may raise some eyebrows, but after staying at CSR last week, I would never pay for a "preferred" room just to be close to El Centro. We were in Casitas 4 which was a great location. Sure we had a parking lot view, but that view was of Bus Stop 2 which is the first pick up for buses going to the parks. It was probably only a 5 minute walk to El Centro going thru Casitas 1 - 3. We even carried our luggage over there on Saturday when we got to leave. The difference in our regular room and one of the preferred rooms was enough to pay for private transportation to and from the airport.....only because it was our anniversary and that was one of our splurges for the trip. I think a lot of those preferred rooms are closer to Bus Stop 1 which is actually the last pick up stop going to the parks. A couple of mornings our bus was so packed that the driver never even went to that stop as there was no more room on the bus to put anyone.

I agree, I wouldn't either, but for different reasons. With a wheelchair, the elevation of Casitas was an inconvenience. Most entry locations were steps. Seemed like we were alway on the search for a ramp.

With a wheelchair, the Cabanas and Ranchos were easiest. Ramps were easily to find at every access point.

We were neighbors, Sara1babe, and didn't know it. We were in 7A as well. I didn't notice your window. But we were a corner room closest to 7B. We had a double window!!

I wanted the Rachos this time (but I requested 7b, 8a or b, or Casitas 4 or 5), we stayed in the Cabanas in March and Casitas in August. So I thought it was awesome to stay in all 3 villages in a year!!

Last night, was the only night we walked to El Centro. All other times, we drove.

Full TR with pictures of the resort and DIS meets to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter