Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to purchase an alcohal drink by the pool, would I be allowed to walk around the lake with it?

I was wondering the same thing. We are driving and since we are staying 10 nights plus a few days at the beach afterwards, I am planning on taking my blender, a bottle of mailbu rum and some pina colada mix to make our own drinks. We don't drink much but thought a nice, cold pina colada would be nice in the evenings as we take a walk around the resort or sit by the pool.

Yes; I have bought a drink at Siesta's or the Laguna Bar and walked around with it in my hand. I usually stop at MY hammock and lay down and chill or just sit and watch the world pass by.

I had a quick question, is it possible to get a king room with a water view or is it one or the other? TIA!

Yes and no. You can pay for one, but not both. But we were upgraded to a king room last year (corner room) with a view of the Lake.

At CSR in 8a wooohooooo!! Finally got my requested building. Weather is hot, but who cares i'm at Disney at my favorite resort! However, we did get info on Disney Vacation club and DH wants to join :scared1::scared1: Bay Towers is no CSR. :sad2: But I have a feeling before we leave will be a DVC member :banana::scared1::sad2::banana: I am so torn :rotfl2:

We will be checking in tomorrow afternoon around 4:30 or so!! I just read the post about the little boy being bitten by a snake last spring (09) at CBR, and now I'm really staying away from the bushes, LOL! I asked for 9B, and I hope I have your luck and get it! Have a Blast!

I'm sure the info is on here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.
Anyone know the hours for the main pool, quite pool and hot tub?

also I can't remember what bus stops at Blizzard Beach and which stops at typhoon lagoon? I know at the Allstars they were each combined with a Theme Park bus but not sure which one! Thanks!

Oh and one more thing..do they still give out the Resort Guide at check-in with all the info on it? I would love to see one for here!

Originally Posted by spammieiam
I had a quick question, is it possible to get a king room with a water view or is it one or the other? TIA!

I had a king room with a water view last year, but we paid for a king room.

23 Days and counting until we check in for our first visit -- excitement is building daily!

19 days for us and we are starting to prepare! Making matching shirts and taking Pittsburgh Shirts too! Need to get to Home Depo soon for those lime green ears!

the countdown is on! Can't wait to finally experience this place for ourselves instead of living vicariously through everyone here!

If you fill your mug at the bar at the pool do you tip the bartender? Sorry for the tipping question but I just wonder if I should bring money to the pool in the afternoons?
Where else can you refil mugs?

Just wondering if there are tables around the main pool that you can eat at. Would we be able to order something from the pool bar and pick at it while the kids are in and out of the pool? Or is it too far away in a different section? Or perhaps food isn't allowed near the pool? :confused3

Thanks.

Also, I see that the National Guard Joint Information Technology conference is going on at CSR during our time there. I would think this wouldn't be a group we should have to worry about, but has anyone been there before when it was going on? Should I call immediately and upgrade to AKL to avoid them? :rotfl:

Just wondering if there are tables around the main pool that you can eat at. Would we be able to order something from the pool bar and pick at it while the kids are in and out of the pool? Or is it too far away in a different section? Or perhaps food isn't allowed near the pool? :confused3

Yes, there are tables, but it depends on your comfort level whether they're close enough to see your kids. You can also take your food back to your chair around the pool and eat there.

If you fill your mug at the bar at the pool do you tip the bartender? Sorry for the tipping question but I just wonder if I should bring money to the pool in the afternoons?

You can fill mugs at the Pepper market (7am-11pm), cafe rix (630am-midnight), siestas (11am-7pm)

*Cafe rix has GOOD coffee (or so I have been told)

Im not sure if you can refill at the laguana bar too?

At CSR in 8a wooohooooo!! Finally got my requested building. Weather is hot, but who cares i'm at Disney at my favorite resort! However, we did get info on Disney Vacation club and DH wants to join :scared1::scared1: Bay Towers is no CSR. :sad2: But I have a feeling before we leave will be a DVC member :banana::scared1::sad2::banana: I am so torn :rotfl2:

Anything but BLT (I'm sorry...it just looks like a building in any big city's downtown area). In any event, I'm glad you are enjoying your stay at CSR. :)

I'm sure the info is on here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.
Anyone know the hours for the main pool, quite pool and hot tub?

also I can't remember what bus stops at Blizzard Beach and which stops at typhoon lagoon? I know at the Allstars they were each combined with a Theme Park bus but not sure which one! Thanks!

Oh and one more thing..do they still give out the Resort Guide at check-in with all the info on it? I would love to see one for here!

I'm not sure of the exact posted hours, but I know that we've been in both the pool and the hot tub after 11:30 at night.

I believe the CSR bus stops at Blizzard Beach, but I'm not 100% sure (we drive everywhere).

I don't remember having a guide in my packet last time. Maybe they figured I didn't need it anymore since we've stayed so often. ;) But good idea...I'll be sure to check in September.

23 Days and counting until we check in for our first visit -- excitement is building daily!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

26 days for me - it's all I can think about. :woohoo:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

19 days for us and we are starting to prepare! Making matching shirts and taking Pittsburgh Shirts too! Need to get to Home Depo soon for those lime green ears!

Yes, you better get your Mickey ears in lime green. I wish I was talented enough to make shirts.

the countdown is on! Can't wait to finally experience this place for ourselves instead of living vicariously through everyone here!

:banana::banana::banana:

No, you do NOT need to tip the bartender. You can get your mug refilled at Cafe Rix and the Pepper Market (although at Pepper Market they do it for you).

28 days for us until we check in.....the family can not wait.

I can't believe all these people checking in within the next 20-28 days. Lucky you all are.

Also, I see that the National Guard Joint Information Technology conference is going on at CSR during our time there. I would think this wouldn't be a group we should have to worry about, but has anyone been there before when it was going on? Should I call immediately and upgrade to AKL to avoid them? :rotfl:

Yes; there are several tables between Siesta's and the volleyball court; there are also tables around the deck of the pool (although those are a little harder to come by if someone stakes one out early in the morning).

I think that sounds like a "mild" convention. But if you have any issues, just go to the front desk and ask for a manager.

I was just looking at the pics on page 1 and was thinking that the 1st floor rooms look really close to the quiet pool. We requested casitas, but which building should I request to be right by that quiet pool? It would be nice for me to be able to sit outside and let DD11 swim while DSs are napping...if I could watch the door and her at the same time. I could bring our baby monitor.

Also, anyone know where I can find a price list for the spa? DH gets a golf day...I should get spa time.:goodvibes

I was just looking at the pics on page 1 and was thinking that the 1st floor rooms look really close to the quiet pool. We requested casitas, but which building should I request to be right by that quiet pool? It would be nice for me to be able to sit outside and let DD11 swim while DSs are napping...if I could watch the door and her at the same time. I could bring our baby monitor.

Also, anyone know where I can find a price list for the spa? DH gets a golf day...I should get spa time.:goodvibes

That is Casitas 4 -- but I'm not sure what room numbers they are. Maybe someone else does.

Here's the price list (and definitely you should get a massage if DH is getting a golf day):

http://www.relaxedyet.com/coronado_springs_resort.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter