Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great couple of stays at CSR and then sadly it was over all too soon...
A couple of things, for my room only nights I was in Ranchos 7B and LOVED it!! It's gorgeous in the Ranchos. My 3rd floor room overlooked the quiet pool. What a nice area, I'd happily stay there again.

For my package nights it was Cabanas 9B & I do love the Cabanas also and you can't beat that location.

I didn't take ME either way but upon checkout I did have my boarding pass printed where the luggage is taken, though they didn't take my luggage, if that makes sense.

Pepper Market was just as good as always. I made sure to get comment cards for the cast members that were super friendly as I think they get more complaints (mostly from confused people) than compliments and personally I feel the food is excellent and the staff does a great job there.

Any questions, please ask. :flower3:

Don't mind Tim everyone...he's just a friend that I let out to play once a month (although if I looked back on this thread, I think it's been more than a month since you've been here).

Tim is the father of Juliana who we have dubbed our "CSR Child" -- she is a precious 4-year old and cancer survivor and we just adore her.

Thanks Kathy! I'm glad you let me out every once in a while. :lmao:

It has been a while... before this post I've only posted on this 'new' CSR thread 6 times. :sad2: I really need to stop by here more often. I should dig up a CSR pic of our first stay there... when Juliana was 2. :)

Thanks Kathy! I'm glad you let me out every once in a while. :lmao:

It has been a while... before this post I've only posted on this 'new' CSR thread 6 times. :sad2: I really need to stop by here more often. I should dig up a CSR pic of our first stay there... when Juliana was 2. :)

I have one and I don't think you will mind me posting it here (this is Juliana, our CSR Child):

julianaontheslide.jpg

She is such a sweetie...and the smile of an angel. :cloud9:

I have read that if you buy food in the food court they add a tip to your bill? Can someone confirm this???:confused3

The Pepper Market does charge a 10% gratuity because you are seated at a table, brought your drinks and given real dishes, silverware, etc. HOWEVER, if you want to avoid this charge, ask for your food to go and sit at one of the tables under the awning right outside or one of the tables by the lake and watch for Ally (our local alligator swimming in the lake).

And they get away with this charge because they are not owned by Disney.

The Pepper Market does charge a 10% gratuity because you are seated at a table, brought your drinks and given real dishes, silverware, etc. HOWEVER, if you want to avoid this charge, ask for your food to go and sit at one of the tables under the awning right outside or one of the tables by the lake and watch for Ally (our local alligator swimming in the lake).

What if you are on the dinning plan how would they know how much to add? I know that my sound dumb..

What if you are on the dinning plan how would they know how much to add? I know that my sound dumb..

Good question. Up until last year, the 10% was included in the dining plan and then they stopped it. My guess is that when you are done eating and take your tickets to the cashier to pay, that they will total up all of the tickets and then tell you what you owe for the tip. I'm not really sure. Hopefully, someone who has been there recently with the dining plan can answer better.

This sounds like a good idea. Are there many tables available outside? Thx.

I thought of a another ques. for our last minute trip next week. We check in very late at night. Do we have to walk to our room with our luggage (we'll have it with us) or will we get a ride from someone/or bus? I don't mind walking but it will be late/dark etc.

Thanks.

KatMark sent me over here to join the fun, so here I am.:thumbsup2

We will be staying at CSR for the first time from 9/3-910. Anyone else be there then?

I thought of a another ques. for our last minute trip next week. We check in very late at night. Do we have to walk to our room with our luggage (we'll have it with us) or will we get a ride from someone/or bus? I don't mind walking but it will be late/dark etc.

Thanks.

We always rent a car so after checking in we drive over to our "section." I know they have the luggage shuttles, but I'm not sure how long they run. Hopefully, someone can help you with this.

KatMark sent me over here to join the fun, so here I am.:thumbsup2

We will be staying at CSR for the first time from 9/3-910. Anyone else be there then?

Welcome...I'm glad you joined us. There are lots of "old timers" here and newbies, etc., and all are happy to help, chat, etc. So don't be shy in asking any questions, advice, etc. And my first piece of advice for you, your wife and your DD7 is to be sure to look for "Ally" in the lake (Ally is our resident alligator; she replaced Glen, her cousin, who was removed last year because he got too big).

DD will be all about seeing a gator, she loves any and all animals, and is basically fearless--which gives DW and myself the occasional heart attack.

DW will be less thrilled to see Ally I'm sure!

Thanks.

I would expect someone would help you, but I wouldn't worry too much about it being late. Our trip last May was just me and my two DDs, and we didn't get back to the room until after 10:00 (seems like it was close to midnight one night). It was a short trip and we wanted to make the most of evening EMHs. Even at that hour, the resort was well-lit and there were other people around. We never felt unsafe.

I would expect someone would help you, but I wouldn't worry too much about it being late. Our trip last May was just me and my two DDs, and we didn't get back to the room until after 10:00 (seems like it was close to midnight one night). It was a short trip and we wanted to make the most of evening EMHs. Even at that hour, the resort was well-lit and there were other people around. We never felt unsafe.

Oh - I wasn't worried about being unsafe I was worried about lugging the luggage and my kids (well prob. me and DS too) being lazy. ;)

DD will be all about seeing a gator, she loves any and all animals, and is basically fearless--which gives DW and myself the occasional heart attack.

DW will be less thrilled to see Ally I'm sure!

Ok.. so... about this gator....

DD is terrified of crocs and gators.... what are the chances we're going to come across this guy "by surprise"?:scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter