Coronado Springs or a Value Resort

Brian Mogged

Earning My Ears
Good afternoon,

I know this is a standard question but hey thought i would see what people had an opinion.

While I have been to Disney a few times (currently have an annual pass for this year) a good friend mine has not been to Disney since he was young in the 70s and I want to make sure he has a great stay since I believe he will not be back to Disney for years if ever.

Using it as an excuse to go to Disney World one last time before my annual pass will expire I am looking at 6 days in late May for various time off reasons. He would like to stay on site so.....

Because of budget reasons the deluxe resorts are a little out of league on this trip. So thinking Coronado Springs would be a good choice but in the back my mind I keep going "but the value resorts might be better choice" especially since the difference in price is about $35-50 per night.

My concern is the construction on site of Coronado Springs plus the savings of going to a value resort might be worth just going to Pop Century or an All Star instead. Plus I do not think he is going to be at the resort that much. This is Disney World and there is a lot of things to do, especially some one who hasn't been there since well there was one park.

So any opinions on this from people who experience the value vs Coronado Springs?

Coronado Springs!!

I stayed here for a conference and it was a lovely stay. I thought the pool was fantastic. The bus service was excellent, the bus stop was right outside my building (Casitas 4).

I personally would not worry about the construction, reports seem to state that it has not affected people's stay. The renovated rooms look beautiful. We are going in Oct with a big group.

My husband and sons are all over 6' tall, so the values are automatically out for us. Full size beds aren't gonna be a restful sleep. Coronado Springs is nice!

So I used to be fine with the value resorts when my son was young and wanted to run around a lot, but now that I'm a bit older and we both enjoy some laid back time from the parks, I'd say the extra per day is worth it for the atmosphere difference, as well as additional food options and a nicer room experience. We'll be staying at Coronado in June. I have also heard the construction is minimally disruptive.

I prefer Pop over CSR.

Too much walking at CSR. You might be close to the pool, but not to the main building. I'm not sure if you're taking the bus, but I also prefer one bus stop (at Pop) over multiple stops. CSR was just too big for me. 70% of the rooms at Pop will have been renovated with Queen beds by the end of May. I'd pick Pop.

Good afternoon,

I know this is a standard question but hey thought i would see what people had an opinion.

While I have been to Disney a few times (currently have an annual pass for this year) a good friend mine has not been to Disney since he was young in the 70s and I want to make sure he has a great stay since I believe he will not be back to Disney for years if ever.

Using it as an excuse to go to Disney World one last time before my annual pass will expire I am looking at 6 days in late May for various time off reasons. He would like to stay on site so.....

Because of budget reasons the deluxe resorts are a little out of league on this trip. So thinking Coronado Springs would be a good choice but in the back my mind I keep going "but the value resorts might be better choice" especially since the difference in price is about $35-50 per night.

My concern is the construction on site of Coronado Springs plus the savings of going to a value resort might be worth just going to Pop Century or an All Star instead. Plus I do not think he is going to be at the resort that much. This is Disney World and there is a lot of things to do, especially some one who hasn't been there since well there was one park.

So any opinions on this from people who experience the value vs Coronado Springs?

What you will get a CSR over Pop/All Stars:

Larger rooms
Queen beds (Pop is in the process of getting them - 50% complete, All Stars do not)
Double sinks
Ceiling fans
Coffee maker (Pop is in the process of getting them - 50% complete, All Stars do not)
Lusher grounds
Sit down restaurant
Pool slide
Hot tubs
Multiple covered bus stops
More laid back relaxed atmosphere

Now it's up to you to decide if the above is worth the extra $$. To us it is, but it's not to everybody.

What you will get a CSR over Pop/All Stars:

Larger rooms
Queen beds (Pop is in the process of getting them - 50% complete, All Stars do not)
Double sinks
Ceiling fans
Coffee maker (Pop is in the process of getting them - 50% complete, All Stars do not)
Lusher grounds
Sit down restaurant
Pool slide
Hot tubs
Multiple covered bus stops
More laid back relaxed atmosphere

Now it's up to you to decide if the above is worth the extra $$. To us it is, but it's not to everybody.

^ YES

And I'll add ....
- MULTIPLE dining options at this resort and a few lounge areas
- Slide is one of the longest on property and very adult approved
- Hot Tub is the largest on property

CSR is a very adult like atmosphere, totally relaxing. :goodvibes

If you request Ranchos, almost every room is completely buffered from the construction and we think it is the most unique area with it's attention to theme.

NOTE: CSR is our favorite moderate
POP is our favorite value

We stayed ASMovies for a night then 5 nights at CSR. What a difference! While I get the appeal of a less expensive stay, we felt the trade off was well worth it, especially as adults. dansdad and HopperFan gave you all the wonderful reasons for CSR but I'd say in addition there is an true difference in how it "feels" when you stay value to moderate. It seems more relaxed to us and more like a vacation.

Playing devils advocate, if this is going to be your friends one and only trip for sometime to come, how much time are you really going to spend at the resort?

Whenever I've brought friends to Disney World, their priority has always been being at the park from opening until close. And with all the late night and dining options available at the Disney Springs and Boardwalk areas, we'd usually be out until even later.

Coronado Springs is the nicer resort, but if you're going to be out of your room from 9 am until 11 pm, you're not going to be using the amenities that you're paying for and might be better off putting the extra money towards nice meals/drinks/dessert parties ect. If you're the type, however, that wants to go back to the resort mid-day, take naps, cool off in the pool, have quick drinks on site before bed time, then CSR is a worthwhile choice.

We love POP & CSR. You can't go wrong either way. Having said that, I'd book CSR this trip for you and your friend! It's such a great resort, and like others have stated, reports have been consistent that construction isn't disrupting trips significantly. We were in Cabanas 8A and did not find the walking around the resort to be too much. Our group included 3 & 8 year old kids and adults ages 34-65. Everyone loved the resort and thought the grounds were beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter