• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs not included in 2007 DP?

Someone answered another post I have about this in another forum, and they indicated that CSR was pending and will most likely be included. I sure hope so. Can anyone confirm this?

What do you want confirmed? :confused3

The restaurants at CSR aren't listed in the 2007 brochure. CONFIRMED
A poster said a CM told him that the restaurants are pending. CONFIRMED
I saw the same post.

That CM has access to any information, who knows? :confused3

Pepper Market and Mayan Grill will definitely be participating with MYW Dining in 2007? That can only be confirmed when Disney provides a written confirmation, probably a revised brochure.

Now if you want speculation I doubt Disney wants to have an entire resort without any participating restaurants. Pepper Market may not be happy with guests making the trip to PM so they can get $30+ worth of food, the rib eye steak seem to be popular with MYW Dining customers, with Pepper Market getting paid less than $10.

You want more speculation, Pepper Market may either exclude some of the more expensive items, surcharge those items or some type of limited CS restaurant may be opened primarily for dining guests. CSR is a convention resort and PM may have enough customers willing to pay for what they eat and may prefer to get rid of guests that the restaurant loses money with. Another poster joked that CSR might be the first, and only, signature CS meal requiring 2 credits. That may not be as far fetched as it sounds, the average bill at PM is probably double the average bill at other CS restaurants.

I just got the All ears newsletter and am about to post a thread, no restaraunts at Coronado will be on the Dining plan next year, I'm also VERY upset at the choices left at Epcot, like 3 restaraunts.

Lesley

It is confirmed, it is listed in the Allearsnet newsletter. I just posted a message entitled "2007 Dining plan changes stink" in the Disney Dining Plan thread and it lists the specific changes to the 2007 dining plan and it lists that Coronado Springs will no longer have the dining plan, makes staying at Coronado and getting the dining plan a crazy option which stinks because we were considering it for a future trip.

Lesley

I was told today it was not confirmed by dining that everything is still as pending. None of the places have decided yet what they want to do. Only thing for sure I heard was the japan venue is going to do a major refurb starting first of the year in 07 so they will be closed other than that all the ones not listed are still pending this was told to me today by dining.

Hooked_on_Mickey said:
Well I just wonder why Disney would print up their brochures with so many restaraunts "pending"....

Disney hasn't necessarily printed a brochure. All they've done is post a file to their website (which can be updated on a few minutes notice).

Hooked_on_Mickey said:
Simply wondering if someone could confirm that CSR will be participating so I won't have to rely on speculation.
Only the restaurants listed on the 2007 brochure are the ones that can be confirmed. No one can guarantee that the CSR restaurants will participate since they’re currently not listed on the brochure.

It’s pure speculation that they’ll be added. It’s conservative to not make plans based on their possible participation.

Hooked_on_Mickey said:
Well I just wonder why Disney would print up their brochures with so many restaraunts "pending"....
It’s simple. There are individuals looking to book dinning packages for 2007. In order to sell the plan, Disney had to publish the package details including the new price (the $1 increase).

Prior to release of the 2007 brochure, I saw several posts where individuals wanted to know when this information would be available and when they could book the ddp.

It’s entirely possible that the ‘missing’ restaurants haven’t confirmed or signed on to 2007 plan yet. But Disney needed to put out a brochure now. They couldn’t put out a brochure listing restaurants that aren’t confirmed on the plan. That would upset customers even more, since they might book restaurants that end up not participating. Imagine the number of complaints then!!!

And, I’m sure those traveling in early 2007 would complain if they were unable to book the dinning plan (and plan their ADRs) until much later in the year.

Seems like Disney can’t win either way. :confused3

As with all things Disney, everything subject to change. So as of right now CSR is not listed to participate but by the time 2007 rolls around that might change.

I am booked at CS for next May and am hoping that CS gets included on the dining plan, it would make it so much easier if it was. I am going to think possitive!

Buzz, if you read this what are your thoughts on CS being included? Do you think they will be? Thanks!

Hooked_on_Mickey said:
Because folks want to purchase their vacation packages for 2007 now but 2007 is over four months away, so contractual negotiations continue for 2007 through the Fall.

I originally thought it was a very specific decision on Disney's part, to keep the benefits of the Dining Plan for their own restaurants. I don't think that's true any longer. They released a preliminary list last year as well... this is normal routine for the Dining Plan.

OntFamily said:
Disney hasn't necessarily printed a brochure. All they've done is post a file to their website (which can be updated on a few minutes notice).
I agree, just because a link is listed only confirms their thoughts as of this moment. Until 2007 begins, no one will know for sure if it is participating or not. I've never used DDP so it wouldn't factor into my decision to choose a resort.

aristocat said:
It’s simple. There are individuals looking to book dinning packages for 2007. In order to sell the plan, Disney had to publish the package details including the new price (the $1 increase).

Prior to release of the 2007 brochure, I saw several posts where individuals wanted to know when this information would be available and when they could book the ddp.

It’s entirely possible that the ‘missing’ restaurants haven’t confirmed or signed on to 2007 plan yet. But Disney needed to put out a brochure now. They couldn’t put out a brochure listing restaurants that aren’t confirmed on the plan. That would upset customers even more, since they might book restaurants that end up not participating. Imagine the number of complaints then!!!

And, I’m sure those traveling in early 2007 would complain if they were unable to book the dinning plan (and plan their ADRs) until much later in the year.

Seems like Disney can’t win either way. :confused3

Thanks. That is the best piece of information I have seen on this topic to date. Makes more sense to me now. It does seem to put Disney between a rock and a hard place.

Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but aren't Disney resort and park restaraunts Disney property? If so, then why would there be issue on participation? If not, why wouldn't they impart some deadline for restaraunts to submit their participation decision to avoid these timing issues?

Some of the restaurants aren't owned by Disney. Disney owns the property, but is basically is the landlord. I suspect items like operating hours, agreeing to take Disney room charges and even type of food being served are covered by the lease but agreeing to serve anything on the menu for a fixed price probably isn't.

My guess is the restaurants haven't agreed to terms and Disney needed to get some information out so they could book packages for 2007. There would be a lot of complaints if restaurants were deleted 1/1/2007 (even though the brochure says subject to change). There won't be any complaints if additional restaurants are added.

A few posters are speculating that the change is intentional, Disney doesn't want to share any money with non-Disney restaurants. I don't agree.

I'd be shocked if CSR didn't have some type of restaurant in the plan BUT I wouldn't be shocked to see guests no longer being able to order the rib eye steak for one CS credit. They could just set up a small CS restaurant or grab n go where the bar is for breakfast and lunch.

THE POSTS ON THIS BOARD DON'T REALLY MEAN ANYTHING. WHAT CMS SAY ON THE PHONE DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. It's even possible the restaurants will go into 2007 without signing up before agreeing to Disney's terms.

Hooked_on_Mickey said:
Thanks. That is the best piece of information I have seen on this topic to date. Makes more sense to me now. It does seem to put Disney between a rock and a hard place.

Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but aren't Disney resort and park restaraunts Disney property? If so, then why would there be issue on participation? If not, why wouldn't they impart some deadline for restaraunts to submit their participation decision to avoid these timing issues?

It makes it hard when you want to stay at CSR and do DDP. If you have to wait until January it will make it hard to then change to another resort if CSR doesn't come to the party.

This is fate's cruel little trick on me. A few weeks ago, I tried to make room-only reservations at CSR when I hit my 499 day mark - and was told they were completely booked for Jersey Week 2007. I booked at POFQ instead, and was steamed - I couldn't believe some convention snatched up every single room at CSR. Well, on Monday I called AAA when the packages came out, and it turns out they had rooms set aside at CSR for their members - so I grabbed one fast and signed up for a package with the DDP. Now it turns out there's no DDP restaurants at the resort, which is a problem for us because we always use our counter service credit for breakfast at the resort. If CSR doesn't come around, I'll have to switch my reservation back to POFQ. Fate mocks me, my friends. :furious:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter