Coral Reef?

We enjoy Corral Reef, as a matter of fact we will be having dinner there next week, on our trip with our DD and SIL and sweet little grandson who is turning 2 and its his 1st trip..pixiedust:

For appetizers, we really enjoy the Calamari, and the crab and spinach fondue, Entree's for DH is always the NY Strip, and for me I go between the Seafood scampi, and the Salmon, DH has tried the Shrimp and grits, it wasn't his favorite not that he said it wasn't bad, but the grits were not done the way he likes them. I had fish and chip off the kids menu but you get a adult portion along with a upcharge which is okay with me. Dessert, The chocolate wave and Bailey and Jack Daniels Mousse is sooo good. I also like the Turtle Cheesecake.

The service is more of a paced meal, it is slower than most WDW restaurant but after rushing around all day for us is most welcomed. Its really neat to have dinner or lunch and feel like your "under the sea" and is such a relaxing atmosphere.

One and done for me and Mrs. Homie. The aquarium was cool and all, but the food was "meh." Particularly disappointing was the sashimi; it was like the chef was trying so hard for unique presentation that he failed to put good food on the plate. Never again.

Also, to echo what others have said: everyone has their own opinions about what is good food and what isn't, and everyone has different expectations. I've read reviews where people have said their entire trip was ruined because the lettuce in their Cobb Salad at Brown Derby was shredded too finely. I'll give you a moment to let that sink in. Bottom line: don't skip something you're excited about just because what others have said. You may love it and it will be a must-do for you and your family from now on! Or you may hate it. But at least you'll know for yourself!

We just canceled our Coral Reef reservation. While this place can have mixed reviews, we both loved the Mahi on the Jasmine Rice/w shrimp. Well that just came to an end. My daughter just wrote me and said she was so disappointed that the dish has now changed to mashed potatoes. The rice/sauce/shrimp really made it special. After losing Liberty Tree in October, I'm quickly running out of places to eat. Ugh. Was I the last to know about this favorite dish changing.

We went in 2012 and again in 2015. We enjoyed it both times. The steak is good as were the lobster and fish options.

First few visits the service and food were good. But we were also at the glass.
Last visits the service and food horrible and we were back further from glass.
On ALL visits, even early dinner, we waited forever for our table, the lobby full, folks sitting on the floor.
On ALL visits, the restaurant is LOUD LOUD with poor sound buffering and lots of loud children.

Having had both seating arrangements, I do not think all seats are equal or even close. Each level has high walls and honestly the higher you sit the view drops considerably.

I would NEVER pay OOP to eat there so if you are on the DDP it is worth the risk.

Dined with my fiance and 3 other friends back in 2015 and we all really enjoyed our meals. Even one non-seafood lover enjoyed her steak. I had the Mahi and while looking at the current menu it does appear they changed the dish replacing jasmine rice with mashed potatoes?? Definitely not a good replacement in my opinion and very disappointing to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter