• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cool towel-how to store?

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
we're bringing some of those cooling towels to the park where you wet them down and then snap to activate. But what do people do with them when you don't need them? Do people just toss them in their bags or do they use plastic bags, etc? Don't want them to get moldy/bacteria if they just sit in a wet bag for hours.

I'm bringing some and I plan on putting mine in a ziploc bag. In a single day at the park I don't think you'll have to worry about them going moldy or growing too much bacteria. The towels that I purchased are actually machine washable (as per the instructions). So all you would have to do is rinse them out at the end of the day with soap and water and let them hang to dry. They would be nice and fresh for the next day.

Going to do this for the first time this trip, so thanks to PPs for ziploc idea!

we walk around pushing strollers, so we hang the towel off the handle bar. I've also hung it off the top grab handle of a backpack that I was carrying. Be advised though when they fully dry they become stiff and hard to manipulate

We used them on our last park day a few years back. We were leaving later that evening so I put them in a ziploc bag to carry home. By the time we got home there was mold on them (3 hour flight so probably about 7 hours in the ziploc until taking it out at home). I don't know if it was a problem with just ours or if it was just left in the ziploc too long for our trip home. I tried washing them with vinegar from suggestions but it didn't work so I threw it away. I'm looking into buying a new one for our next trip but I'm worried it will mold again.

We used them on our last park day a few years back. We were leaving later that evening so I put them in a ziploc bag to carry home. By the time we got home there was mold on them (3 hour flight so probably about 7 hours in the ziploc until taking it out at home). I don't know if it was a problem with just ours or if it was just left in the ziploc too long for our trip home. I tried washing them with vinegar from suggestions but it didn't work so I threw it away. I'm looking into buying a new one for our next trip but I'm worried it will mold again.
Yuck! What brand did you have?

We rinse ours out and hang dry them everyday after the parks. If you consider all the germs and sweat they absorb all day, they'll get funky in a wet, sealed bag pretty quick.

We put on ours in ziploc bags during the day. We then rinse them and let them dry.

We used them on our last park day a few years back. We were leaving later that evening so I put them in a ziploc bag to carry home. By the time we got home there was mold on them (3 hour flight so probably about 7 hours in the ziploc until taking it out at home). I don't know if it was a problem with just ours or if it was just left in the ziploc too long for our trip home. I tried washing them with vinegar from suggestions but it didn't work so I threw it away. I'm looking into buying a new one for our next trip but I'm worried it will mold again.[/QUOTE
Our Frogg Toggs got a terrible smell and I also washed them in vinegar They were good for a day or two but the smell came back. I purchased Mission for my upcoming trip in a few weeks. I hope those have a better outcome

Ziploc bag. After I get back to the resort, I rinse it off real good, wring it out, let it soak up water, and then put it back in a ziploc bag and throw it in the fridge overnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter