Convince me to keep my 8:15am Crystal Palace ADR

catho72

DIS Veteran
Help!

We are driving from Chicago to WDW, leaving at 9pm Friday night. We plan on driving straight through (which we did last year also) and arriving at our condo by dinnertime on Saturday. We have an ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:15am Sunday morning. Do we keep this reservation, or do you think we'll be too tired? On our first day last year, we were up pretty early and opened the pool at the hotel at 8am.

I can change our reservation to lunch since there are still ADR's available. We would probably get there for the 9am rope drop anyway so what's another 45 minutes? I am torn as to what to do because I really want to get some good pictures down Main Street without crowds of people. Do I keep the breakfast reservation or change to lunch?

Thanks in advance!

it almost sounds like you answered your own question!! If it were me, I'd do it. If for no other reason to get some cool pictures of a nearly deserted Main Street and Castle.. You'll get to the resort late, but most likely pretty tired and get to sleep pretty quickly.. If you are like us, we stay at the parks pretty late each night, then up early to start again, so it will almost be like that but on the first day. I'd say go for it, but that's just me!!

it almost sounds like you answered your own question!! If it were me, I'd do it. If for no other reason to get some cool pictures of a nearly deserted Main Street and Castle.. You'll get to the resort late, but most likely pretty tired and get to sleep pretty quickly.. If you are like us, we stay at the parks pretty late each night, then up early to start again, so it will almost be like that but on the first day. I'd say go for it, but that's just me!!

:thumbsup2 Keep it.

Keep it. I did that same time my last trip this past December. It was my mom's first visit and I wanted her to see the Castle without anyone in front of it, which is why I picked that time. We did it after MVMCP the night before, we were tired and did leave the park for a break in the aftenoon, but it was a really neat experience to be in the park before it opened.

I'd say keep it, just make sure to go to bed at a decent hour Saturday. I am not one for sleeping in on vacation, too many great opportunities in the early morning hours.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I'd say keep it, just make sure to go to bed at a decent hour Saturday. I am not one for sleeping in on vacation, too many great opportunities in the early morning hours.

My thoughts exactly! I am always up by 6am on vacation. You can always sleep at home!

We have done an early morning breakfast at Crystal Palace in the past and I love being in the MK before everyone else.

Still looking for more opinions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter