• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Converting a QS dining credit to snacks

DavidRoss

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip during the Food and Wine Festival. We are considering a dining plan and have heard that you can sort of modify the dining plan for some things (i.e. soup for a desert, etc). I also heard that you can take a counter service meal and change it over to snacks. We really like sampling the food around the World Showcase and would like to do this with some of our quick service meals. However, I haven't seen anything in Disney literature that says you can actually do this. Have people done this successfully? Have people been denied doing this? What has been your experience and where can I find more information on it?

My understanding is that the requirement is that you convert 1 QS credit into 3 snack credits all in one single transaction.
We did this exact thing last October at the F & W booths in World Showcase. As an example, we used 1 QS credit and got 3 Lamb Chops in Australia,1 QS for 3 Beef Bourignone (sp?) in France etc. We were 3 adults so the 1 for 3 worked for us at the festival.

As PP said, it's done at the point of sale, so if there aren't 3 things at ONE "booth" that all of you want to try, you're out of luck. One tip from those who did it last year is to ONLY do the 3 snacks for 1 QS credit in your ordering. If you try to add an additional snack (OOP or snack credit), it messes them up. So have one person make your QS snack meal and another person get anything else you want from that one place.

Disclaimer: this was successfully done by many people at the majority of the booths last year, but there are no guarantees for this year. It could always change.

We were able to do this at some booths at the Flower and Garden Festival and at some other places. The booth in Italy was not problem but the lady at the booth in China just did not understand. The guy at Gaston's was so confused, but the lady at the Main Street Candy store was no problem at all. It was just hit or miss for us. I would ask and always had things in groups of 3's but just used snack credits or paid out of pocket if they were confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter