"Control, Control...You Must Learn Control" - SWW May 2015 Dining Report - 5/30 Boathouse

Great Narccossees review, it's one of my favorites!! I am running the SW Half marathon in Jan too! Cannot wait.

Thanks for the Narcoose's review. The menu has never completely jumped out at me so we've never been, though that chicken may change the equation. It looks great. But the plating on your hubby's steak. What in the world were they thinking? Very odd.

Everything looks delicious. I really wanted to try Narcoosee's but couldn't quite fit it in. I'm happy to hear that your meal went well and you had good service. I've never seen a presentation like that for a steak before. The potatoes look fantastic and oh so fancy.

There are so many wonderful places at WDW that its hard to fit everything in. Even going as much as we do, we still have some favorites that we end up skipping more than we would like to, but one's stomach can only take so much. We aren't breakfast people so that helps with being able to do a decent lunch and dinner most days.

You didn't get the Almond Crusted Cheesecake???? Oh dear goodness. :cry:

But your chicken dish looked amazing. :D

I actually don't like Cheesecake. :eek: I still wanted something sweet but my husband and I decided to just go to Captain Cook's instead as it would be cheaper and we could enjoy it while watching television in the room. We would have gotten something if it really caught our eye but tonight was not that day. As I near the 3-0, I'm getting less and less into sweets. I rather have alcohol or bread or cheese for the bad stuff.

Great Narccossees review, it's one of my favorites!! I am running the SW Half marathon in Jan too! Cannot wait.

Narcoossee's is really wonderful! That's awesome you are running the SW Half too! My husband really enjoyed it (I personally had a mental breakdown from Mile 5 to 13 but I crossed the finish line) but we agreed to do the Rebel Challenge again as we want to maintain legacy. If I handle it better this year, I'll continue it. I did learn to not to do a challenge as one's first half marathon though as it takes a lot out of you. Have you done a runDisney half before?

Thanks for the Narcoose's review. The menu has never completely jumped out at me so we've never been, though that chicken may change the equation. It looks great. But the plating on your hubby's steak. What in the world were they thinking? Very odd.

That chicken was amazing. I still can taste that sauce it was so good. Hopefully the menu changes enough to catch your eye for the next trip you plan! That plating is so bad its funny. At least it gave us something to giggle at.

Captain Cook's

As we walked back to our room at the Polynesian, we headed to Captain Cook's to look for dessert. We ended up deciding on splitting a cupcake:

W7SIE3K.jpg

Minnie Mouse Cupcake

It was a chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing and oreo ears. It is really cute! The flavor was a bit boring though once you had a couple bites so I'm glad we decided to split it.​

Captain Cook's

As we couldn't accomplish any shopping while we were at Hollywood Studios the previous day, we arrived prior to opening to head straight to the shops in the back. We went to the X-Wing Collectable section and left $300 poorer as I bought artwork.

ND7yVDt.jpg

ddhZuX4.jpg

jcQFvQ7.jpg

So I carried this very large box of artwork out of the park from the back (my husband had me carry it since I was the one that wanted it so badly & didn't want to pay for shipping) I'm sure I look funny to everyone.

We headed back to the Polynesian to bring it back to the room so it wouldn't cook in the sun and grabbed breakfast at the hotel before we would head to Animal Kingdom.

LSInDBv.jpg

Breakfast Platter with French Toast Sticks

My husband had the platter which is his usual go-to at Disney for breakfast as it always has eggs, potatoes and meat. He finished his plate so he must have liked it. I stole his biscuit though as he had the French Toast Sticks and it was way better than the biscuit I had at All Star Movies in April.

MH42mbx.jpg

Breakfast Potatoes

I just went with the side of breakfast potatoes as I wasn't that hungry but knew I needed something in my stomach as I wasn't sure what we would do for lunch. The potatoes were fresh and had some flavor to them. This and the biscuit were enough to get me by!​

I love your reviews, I can't wait to go to Trader Sam's when we are there in November, the drinks look good and I may spend a small fortune just to get the souvenir glasses!

We are staying at the poly in September so I'm sure me and captain cooks will become good friends. Good to know they have sweets for my night cravings and savory tie me over in the morning

The rooms at the Poly look beautiful! I would love to stay there someday. I really enjoyed the Flower and Garden booth offerings. I'm intrigued by the Piggylicious cupcake but I heard that the frosting was cream cheese based and I don't like cream cheese. Did you taste much cream cheese? And I looove Artisans. Like your husband, their mint chocolate chip is my absolute favorite.

I really enjoyed Trader Sam's when I was there! I wanted to order the Krakatoa but they didn't have the souvenir glasses at the time for it, and I wanted a glass to take home! But that one will be the one I get next time ;) And we love Narcoossee's, it's one of our favorites. Though the presentation of those potatoes with the filet did make me laugh - it looks pretty silly on that plate!

We're staying at the Poly July of 2016 and I'm pretty eager to see Trader Sam's! Following along by the way! popcorn::

I love your reviews, I can't wait to go to Trader Sam's when we are there in November, the drinks look good and I may spend a small fortune just to get the souvenir glasses!

You will enjoy Trader Sam's in November! Getting those souvenir glasses sure isn't cheap - I have a nice start to my collection I hope to grow over the next year at WDW and DL!

We are staying at the poly in September so I'm sure me and captain cooks will become good friends. Good to know they have sweets for my night cravings and savory tie me over in the morning

Captain Cook's is so convenient while staying at the Poly! There were 3 other cupcakes available in the coolers along with some other pastries which is good for whatever one cravings are.

The rooms at the Poly look beautiful! I would love to stay there someday. I really enjoyed the Flower and Garden booth offerings. I'm intrigued by the Piggylicious cupcake but I heard that the frosting was cream cheese based and I don't like cream cheese. Did you taste much cream cheese? And I looove Artisans. Like your husband, their mint chocolate chip is my absolute favorite.

I really enjoyed Trader Sam's when I was there! I wanted to order the Krakatoa but they didn't have the souvenir glasses at the time for it, and I wanted a glass to take home! But that one will be the one I get next time ;) And we love Narcoossee's, it's one of our favorites. Though the presentation of those potatoes with the filet did make me laugh - it looks pretty silly on that plate!

I loved staying at the Polynesian. Not sure how often we will end up staying there though due to the point cost but I'm hoping that because it is mostly studios we will be able to get in at 7 months easier than we can get into a VGF at 11 Months.

I didn't really taste the cream cheese for the Piggylicious Cupcake as I'm not a huge cream cheese fan either. The maple took over any other taste. You didn't miss much though by skipping it!

Which drink did you end up? Totally get on trying glasses by what you can take home with you! I'll probably do the same until I have a larger collection built up.
We're staying at the Poly July of 2016 and I'm pretty eager to see Trader Sam's! Following along by the way! popcorn::

You will love Trader Sam's next summer when you get to visit! Hopefully the wait situation won't be as bad at that time as it is now.

Dawa Bar

After our breakfast at Captain Cook's, we headed to the buses to get to Animal Kingdom as originally I had plans of us drinking a bit more and I didn't want to feel like I had to hold back because of driving. We arrived at Animal Kingdom a little after 10AM.

MZgQxPA.jpg

Our first attrition was Its Tough To Be A Bug and went to head to Dinosaur for our FP+ selection only to find that it was closed. I had received the email about alternative FP+ selections available so we headed to Everest. We did the walk through in Asia to try to see the Tigers (only 1 was out) and made our way back to Africa. I wasn't sure if the Harambe Market was open yet so we grabbed a drink and decided to walk around Africa and see if something new was open.

qxjnaGH.jpg

Hornsby's Amber Hard Cider for DH
Lost on Safari for Me - Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Pink Pegeon Mauritian Rum and our Refreshing Pangani Punch

My husband really enjoyed his cider as it wasn't something he has had before. I found my Lost on Safari to be refreshing but not really strong.

We wandered around Africa and didn't really see anything that held our interest as the Harambe Market wasn't yet open and decided to just call it a day and head back to the resort.​

Animal Kingdom as originally I had plans of us drinking a bit more and I didn't want to feel like I had to hold back because of driving.
Major props to you for thinking ahead and being safe. :D We drink some on vacation too, after all it is VACATION plus it's quite fun to try new things!
Our first attrition was Its Tough To Be A Bug and went to head to Dinosaur for our FP+ selection only to find that it was closed.
It's Tough to be a Bug gets a bad rap but we like it, and it gives me the shivers to think of certain parts! lol :blush: that is a bummer about Dinosaur- I loved that ride!
I had received the email about alternative FP+ selections available so we headed to Everest.
Oooh was it fun! I stayed back with the little one last time, so the trip in July 2016 will be my first ever time riding Everest!
We did the walk through in Asia to try to see the Tigers (only 1 was out) and made our way back to Africa.
Yay, at least you got to see a tiger. :)
Enjoying your reviews! *cheers* :D

Lost on Safari is one of my favorites. I like it because its not too strong for a hot day. Next time try the Harambe Cooler. It's the grownup sibling of the Lost on Safari. Much stronger because it includes a floater or Myers. Tastes almost the same due to the punch.

Which drink did you end up? Totally get on trying glasses by what you can take home with you! I'll probably do the same until I have a larger collection built up.

I got the hippopoto-mai-tai or however you spell it lol. Since it was still soft opening there were several glasses they didn't have available. But it was good and I think the glass is very cute! I'm sure we'll be back at Trader Sam's as well, so I'm also going to work on building up my collection ;)

All caught up! Yes this will be my first Run Disney event and I am so excited!!

Love the Dawa Bar and that Lost on Safari looks great. If only they'd let me take it on the actual safari ; )

Major props to you for thinking ahead and being safe. :D We drink some on vacation too, after all it is VACATION plus it's quite fun to try new things!

It's Tough to be a Bug gets a bad rap but we like it, and it gives me the shivers to think of certain parts! lol :blush: that is a bummer about Dinosaur- I loved that ride!

Oooh was it fun! I stayed back with the little one last time, so the trip in July 2016 will be my first ever time riding Everest!

Yay, at least you got to see a tiger. :)
Enjoying your reviews! *cheers* :D

I live in a town that is on point for DUIs, in fact I think its the #1 crime in Naples based on what I see in the newspaper. This has made me super aware and I won't risk it at all anymore as my job is more important. My husband & I play a game during It's Tough To Be A Bug and bet each other how many young children will end up leaving during the 'attack' The show was actually super full for the showing we went into and were shocked only about 3 children were taken out. I love Everest! I wish the Yeti worked as attended but the structural engineer didn't do his job on the effects of vibration or something but the strobe is still cool. Thank you for reading along!

Lost on Safari is one of my favorites. I like it because its not too strong for a hot day. Next time try the Harambe Cooler. It's the grownup sibling of the Lost on Safari. Much stronger because it includes a floater or Myers. Tastes almost the same due to the punch.

I actually debated between those too! I'll have to get the Harambe next time. Thanks for the tip :)

I got the hippopoto-mai-tai or however you spell it lol. Since it was still soft opening there were several glasses they didn't have available. But it was good and I think the glass is very cute! I'm sure we'll be back at Trader Sam's as well, so I'm also going to work on building up my collection ;)

The only glass not available when I was there was the Nautilus. The Mai-Tai glass is super cute! Its on the list to eventually get to.

All caught up! Yes this will be my first Run Disney event and I am so excited!!

That's awesome it will be your first Run Disney event! This one is definitely well done and the amount of fans there is awesome. So many great costumes!

Nice Reviews so far!!!

Glad you are enjoying them :)

Love the Dawa Bar and that Lost on Safari looks great. If only they'd let me take it on the actual safari ; )

I know, right? When I went on an actual safari 8 years ago, they totally let us have wine on the game drive. Why can't Disney allow that?

Captain Cook's

So we were back at the Polynesian by noon. I was hungry as that little bit of potatoes and a biscuit wasn't really enough to keep me full. We realized that Tambu Lounge wasn't yet serving as they opened at 1PM. My husband said he wasn't really hungry after all so I grabbed something to go from Captain Cook's to eat back in the room while finding something mindless to watch on TV.

iitIowG.jpg

Pulled Pork Nachos - Topped with Onions, Cheese, Spicy Mayo, and Pineapple Salsa

Instead of typical nacho chips, it was actually wonton chips and potato chips. I was surprised on how much I really enjoyed these! The pulled pork really played off the mixture of toppings that were on the nachos. It also was a ton of food so I wasn't able to finish it.​

Captain Cook's

So we were back at the Polynesian by noon. I was hungry as that little bit of potatoes and a biscuit wasn't really enough to keep me full. We realized that Tambu Lounge wasn't yet serving as they opened at 1PM. My husband said he wasn't really hungry after all so I grabbed something to go from Captain Cook's to eat back in the room while finding something mindless to watch on TV.

iitIowG.jpg

Pulled Pork Nachos - Topped with Onions, Cheese, Spicy Mayo, and Pineapple Salsa

Instead of typical nacho chips, it was actually wonton chips and potato chips. I was surprised on how much I really enjoyed these! The pulled pork really played off the mixture of toppings that were on the nachos. It also was a ton of food so I wasn't able to finish it.​

Wow I think I need these!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter