Contemporary Resort

PinkSleepingBeauty

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. I'm thinking of staying at the Contemporary this October for 2 nights for our first wedding anniversary. Never stayed here before, do any of you recommend it? My first experience of staying on site was at the Grand Floridian last year. How do you think it compares?

I stayed at the CR and then the GF in a split stay. I actually liked the CR better, but that's just my opinion. I had a Bay Lake Tower room and loved the view. The room was nice and large. I liked that everything was right there in the same building. I used Sammy Duvalls Watersport Center to go parasailing and on the personal watercraft tour.

When you got off of the monorail you could just go so easily to your room. Many people like to be able to walk to the MK but I love the monorail.

I love trying out different resorts with each stay. Give it a try!

:wave2: We will be at the Contemporary also in October having our family vacation. the children and grandkids like the monorail running through the Hotel, and being so near to Magic Kingdom just makes it a great place to stay..

I also prefer CR over GF. I like the location better (walk to MK - great for catching buses to other resorts), I like the layout better, and I just like the theme better. But it really depends on which theme appeals to you more.

I think CR has the most comfortable beds of any deluxe I've stayed in.

LOVE IT! Everything is an elevator ride away, vs. a spread out resort. The view from your balcony is wonderful, especially if you go for Theme Park View. We wanted to spend more time in the room than we usually do.

We did a split stay for 3 days and did MK and CR activities pretty exclusively. We watched Wishes every night from our balcony, and in the morning the World came to life with the sounds of the ferry, MK train and the "woosh" of the monorail in the building.

The coffee bar in the lobby is great to have for a decent cup of coffee in the morning and the Wave has a lovely bar to have a drink. The pool is very nice too.

We were on the floor right above the monorail and never heard it in the room.

Highly recommend it!!!

I stayed there in March and loved it. The decor was very sleek & modern. It was so convenient to board the monorail inside the resort and be able to walk to the MK.

I had a Bay Lake view and it was really gorgeous. I loved sitting out on the balcony and just watching people at the pool or on the water.

Are you planning a stay there for October 2012 or October 2013? There may not be any availability for October 2012.

I would only pick the CR over the GF/Poly if I had a room overlooking the MK. The resort theme/grounds are not quite as interesting as the other two monorail resorts, so the views are the main thing going for it (IMO).

Regardless of whether or not you spring for a MK view, though, I am sure that you will enjoy it. I would never balk at staying at the CR, but just prefer the other two monorail resorts over a garden wing room at the CR-- that is just my personal preference, though.

Have fun whatever you decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter