Contemporary Garden View Garden Wing or Poly Standard View

ownedby3

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide on two different rooms for February 2017. It's 2 adults 2 kids. My husband has a business meeting 2 days so the thought was I could walk to MK 1 day on my own (kids 4 & 6 years old). But the planner I'm working with suggested Poly that the rooms are nicer and pools all renovated. Reviews, thoughts? Pricing is about the same for both.

I've stayed at both (garden at Contemporary and a studio at Poly)
Contemporary : pros = easy walk to MK, rooms are spacious. The garden view rooms are "near" to the pool area (it does have a slide) and Chef Mickey!
Poly : pros Great fun theme, I can only speak for a studio but it was very nice. Pool is very fun!, Dole whip!

Have fun choosing!

Trying to decide on two different rooms for February 2017. It's 2 adults 2 kids. My husband has a business meeting 2 days so the thought was I could walk to MK 1 day on my own (kids 4 & 6 years old). But the planner I'm working with suggested Poly that the rooms are nicer and pools all renovated. Reviews, thoughts? Pricing is about the same for both.

We've never stayed at the CR, but we love the Poly. Walking to MK is a great perk of the CR, but the Poly is just 2 monorail stops away. If it were me, I'd choose the Poly for the tropical atmosphere and the beach for watching the fireworks (can also watch from the pool while swimming). The Poly is just my personal preference, but I'm sure you'll have a great time at either resort :).

We've never stayed at the CR, but we love the Poly. Walking to MK is a great perk of the CR, but the Poly is just 2 monorail stops away. If it were me, I'd choose the Poly for the tropical atmosphere and the beach for watching the fireworks (can also watch from the pool while swimming). The Poly is just my personal preference, but I'm sure you'll have a great time at either resort :).

Thank you, I booked Poly but changed to Contemporary since I'll be alone 2 days (husband has business meetings) I think walking to MK during the day will be easier for me with a double stroller. I was VERY torn!

Thank you, I booked Poly but changed to Contemporary since I'll be alone 2 days (husband has business meetings) I think walking to MK during the day will be easier for me with a double stroller. I was VERY torn!

Being within walking distance to MK is a nice perk, especially with little ones in a stroller. Have a great trip :goodvibes.

I really love the Polynesian, and even their standard rooms are great! It has been a while since I've stayed at the CR, but I do recommend trying to get a room in Atrium if possible!

I've stayed at both the CR in a garden wing room and in a Poly standard room. Both are amazing, but I think you made the right choice. We LOVED being able to walk to and from the MK. There was never any waiting for the monorail, which can take a while at the end of the night (or in the middle of a child's meltdown). The walk was easy peasy and took 7-10 minutes, tops.

The rooms in both resorts were the same size...very roomy. We liked the pools in both places, but we liked the quick service restaurant in CR better.

Either way, you'll have a magical vacation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter