• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contempo Cafe....

bentopher

DIS Veteran
Is the Contempo Cafe similar to the Sunshine Cafe (I think that's what it's called) at Epcot??

I'd love some opinions on the food at the Contempo Cafe... and those cupcakes. LOL I'm hoping to take the boys (6 and 5 years old) on the Pirates and Pal Cruise one evening. And was thinking since we have to go to the Contemporary I would go early and to the Contempo Cafe to eat there before hand.

I'm also going to presume there is a gift shop there as well if we still have some extra time before we need to be wherever we need to be at.

We really enjoy the food at the Comtempo Cafe. We've had all 3 meals at some point or another and they've never given us a bad meal. I wouldn't compare them to Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. They are basically the Comtemprary and Bay Lake Towers Quick Service location. They have a lot of interesting dishes that have been very yummy each time. You can find something for everyone. I'd definitely checkout the menu over at allears.net for an idea of what they have :).

As for the giftshops they have 2 1/2 of those. I say 1/2 because one is more of the general store then a gift shop. We really enjoy looking around their shops. They also have the arcade across from the giftshops which are very close to the Contempo :).

Agree with all of the above. We just stayed at the Contemporary last month and we ate Contemp cafe atleast 3 times. The flat bread pizza is GOOD and the peanut butter cupcake is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

Contempo Cafe is one of our favorite quick service locations at WDW! The food is good, and I like watching the monorail come and go.

There is a gift shop close to it that you can enjoy, too.

We stumbled into Contempo Cafe' a few trips ago and now it is a must do for us. It's really yummy! We've tried almost everything and have loved it all! :thumbsup2

We ate at the Contempo for 3 different QS meals (breakfast, lunch, & supper)a couple of weeks ago. They were all very good! Nice selections and really good food! My mother and I shared each meal because the portions are SO big! The kids really liked their meals, too. I would not compare it to Sunshine Seasons, though. You order at a automated Kiosk from one menu.

Thanks everyone for the input here! I'm really excited about this option for us. I'm hoping that the day we do Pirates and Pals will be a MK.. so we can enjoy the park, and then stroll over to the Contemporary for dinner then at the Contempo Cafe and then enjoy the cruise. How exactly which day of our trip I'm doing this I have no clue.. lol but I least I have a game plan of sorts!

Thanks again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter