• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Construction at Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach

ixDreamxofxDisney

Mouseketeer
We have a 5-night stay at AS Sports planned for mid-August already, but I'm most likely going to be adding a night to the beginning of the trip (the airfare difference to leave a day earlier is well worth it). I've been looking at staying at a Moderate Resort. I've already stayed at all of them, so I'm not really torn between theming or distance from the parks.

Right now POR and POFQ are a good $50 more a night than either CSR or CBR and I'm wondering if dealing with the new construction is worth the $$$ being saved.

It's just us two adults and we're planning on arriving in the afternoon and relaxing at the hotel, maybe going to Disney Springs for dinner. Then we'll be checking out the next morning and ideally spending some leisure time at the Moderate Resort and heading over to do some resort-hopping on the monorail line before settling into our Sports room.

Can anyone tell me how intrusive/annoying/inconvenient the construction is to enjoying the walking/pool/scenic areas of CSR or CBR? Thanks!

We just got back from a long weekend at Coronado Springs. The construction wasn't bad and was mostly limited to the Cabanas area from what we could tell. It seems much more intrusive at Caribbean. We have a few nights booked there at the end of June and I can't decide whether to switch or not. I would choose Coronado for sure!

We have a 5-night stay at AS Sports planned for mid-August already, but I'm most likely going to be adding a night to the beginning of the trip (the airfare difference to leave a day earlier is well worth it). I've been looking at staying at a Moderate Resort. I've already stayed at all of them, so I'm not really torn between theming or distance from the parks.

Right now POR and POFQ are a good $50 more a night than either CSR or CBR and I'm wondering if dealing with the new construction is worth the $$$ being saved.

It's just us two adults and we're planning on arriving in the afternoon and relaxing at the hotel, maybe going to Disney Springs for dinner. Then we'll be checking out the next morning and ideally spending some leisure time at the Moderate Resort and heading over to do some resort-hopping on the monorail line before settling into our Sports room.

Can anyone tell me how intrusive/annoying/inconvenient the construction is to enjoying the walking/pool/scenic areas of CSR or CBR? Thanks!

I would be too worried that with construction going on, the pool might not be "relaxing." Even if everything is all good right now, we don't know exactly how it will be in mid August.
Plus, since you are planning to spend time at Disney Springs, POR or POFQ will be much more convenient with the boat service. To me, it would be worth the $50 to stay at one of the POs instead.

We just got back from a long weekend at Coronado Springs. The construction wasn't bad and was mostly limited to the Cabanas area from what we could tell. It seems much more intrusive at Caribbean. We have a few nights booked there at the end of June and I can't decide whether to switch or not. I would choose Coronado for sure!
Can you explain how the lake looked? I have seen pictures of it being 'worked on' and am worried it will interfere with the overall ambience of CS :( We arrive June 10th.

There are several FB groups and forums of Coronado Springs fans that I joined when planning our big Thanksgiving 2015 trip. They were so helpful and informative, helping us choose that resort. We never regretted it. I'm still in the FB group, and see regular reports in my newsfeed. 1. I don't think it will be that much of a disruption (especially depending on which type of room you book or area you request, though not guaranteed). 2. I highly suggest joining the group if you are on FB and hope to gain more info or book your trip there. Just search "Coronado Springs Resort Disney".

Can you explain how the lake looked? I have seen pictures of it being 'worked on' and am worried it will interfere with the overall ambience of CS :( We arrive June 10th.
There was some construction on the perimeter, but it didn't take away from the ambiance for us. We still had meals by the water, sat on a water-front bench to watch the sunrise and fireworks, etc. I'm having trouble posting photos, but I just checked the pics my mom took of the lake, and you don't see construction in any of them. Hope this helps!

Thank you everyone! Went with POR, the price for that night dropped about $40 plus I was able to use an extra discount through cheaptickets! Looks like I'll be waiting until all of the renovations are done to try out CSR or CBR again :)

We stayed at CSR the last week of April for 3 nights then moved to CBR for 4 nights.

I have to say, we love love loved CSR, it was quiet, it was serene, it was absolutely perfect.
Then we moved to CBR, let me just say the difference was almost tangible. Ha.
Streamlined efficiency was present at the CSR, the CBR was about to close its food court when we were there and nothing in the place seemed to work properly. With the large amount of guests attempting to do things like -just get ice- the CMs seemed completely overwhelmed and in equipped to deal with the crowds they faced. I truly felt for them.

While CBR has some wonderful qualities, I don't think they are shining very brightly during the construction.
I have to say, this did bring our magic down a notch to switch to CBR. I would try them again, but only after the construction is complete.

I stayed for a night a CBR in May. Unfortunately, I would urge caution unless you get a GREAT deal. The construction totally separates the Customs House, and your dining options have been significantly limited. It was a lot of walking and confusion at spots. I would doubt it will be that far along by your trip. The room renovations were appreciated. But, it didn't help the general inconvenience.

For CSR, I stayed there in late March. Admittedly, vertical construction hadn't started - but the demo on 9A had started, and fenced off area was totally up and restricted. Other than my personal concern for the EXTREMELY TALL (i.e. out of place) tower they are building... the construction didn't impact my stay at all. The only minor point was noting the wear on the some of the rooms - as they are getting ready for a large rehab and (obviously) not updating the older materials at this point.

I personally would vote CSR all the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter