• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Construction at CBR and CSR advice please?

Jntt301

Mouseketeer
I've been planning a mother/daughter trip for December. I took another daughter in January and stayed at POR but wanted to stay at either CBR or CSR this time. They are both undergoing construction but CBR is offering the $75 gift cards per night for the inconvenience. Do you think this means that the construction at CSR is not going to be as disruptive as CBR? The gift cards are enticing but I wonder how much it will impact our stay. (I currently have a reservation at CBR) Also, I am really disappointed because when I was at POR in January there was absolutely no paperwork in the room like there usually is regarding bounce back offers. I even called the front desk to ask how I could take advantage of a bounce back offer and was told it wasn't being offered. Then I read of others that were able to book bounce backs! Do you think there is any way if I called now, they might give me that offer (apparently it was free dining). Thanks in advance for any advice!

Do you think this means that the construction at CSR is not going to be as disruptive as CBR?

It all ties back to how Disney defines disruption.

The food court at CBR is going to be closed. All the core amenities at CSR will be open. So, to Disney, CBR will be more disruptive, because it removes a way to encourage you to spend $$. But how disruptive that is to you personally will vary.

The extent of the work at both properties will be extensive, and how much it will bother you will depend on how much resort time you typically use. If it's a place to sleep, they'll be about equal.

There's little chance of getting the bounceback two months later.

I've been planning a mother/daughter trip for December. I took another daughter in January and stayed at POR but wanted to stay at either CBR or CSR this time. They are both undergoing construction but CBR is offering the $75 gift cards per night for the inconvenience. Do you think this means that the construction at CSR is not going to be as disruptive as CBR? The gift cards are enticing but I wonder how much it will impact our stay. (I currently have a reservation at CBR) Also, I am really disappointed because when I was at POR in January there was absolutely no paperwork in the room like there usually is regarding bounce back offers. I even called the front desk to ask how I could take advantage of a bounce back offer and was told it wasn't being offered. Then I read of others that were able to book bounce backs! Do you think there is any way if I called now, they might give me that offer (apparently it was free dining). Thanks in advance for any advice!

Free dining was not the bounceback in January. That promotion ended October 31st. The bounceback was for room discounts til the end of the year. Your best bet is to wait and see if FD will be offered this December. Hopefully, more info. will be known in the next month or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter