Connection Q & C ?

Banzai

<font color=red>Is now single and available!<br><f
Can you use a Q&C voucher to order a large pizza at a resort food court?

I don't think so. They are for 1 entree, 1 side, 1 beverage, and 1 dessert.

I would not have expected to get a full pizza on a counter coupon, either - but the cashier at Gasparilla Grill DID just that.

As with every use of a Food Voucher - ask the person who will be cashing you out BEFORE you start selecting your food. We got over $30 worth of food for a $10.50 coupon (once again, they do not know what you have paid for them). I would never have dreamed that she would tell us we could get a full pizza - but by asking, I found out - and made out. Most of the other counter places were more "traditional" in what they allowed. I suspect that another cashier at the GG might not even have allowed it - but who knows!! It is always a bit of a discovery process.

I might note here, that working with the Food Vouchers is not easy for a "Type A Master Planner" - of which I consider myself. You can't plan precisely, without knowing exactly how each restaurant is going to handle them. So my advice (from experience) is as follows:
1. Always be prepared to have the service staff interpret the coupons literally; i.e. the "minimum allowed under the law". If you expect this, you will not be disappointed.
2. Always ASK for the "optimum" - come right out and say (nicely, of course) "How can I get the best possible use out of this voucher?"
3. Have a plan for selling the extras when you return home. By the 2nd or 3rd restaurant, I could see that I was not going to be able to use them all - since we didn't really need 2A/2C (4 coupons) per meal. I happen to have a brother and uncle who are also DVC members and they are always willing to buy my extras. You can also return them to Connections or sell them on these boards.
4. To really optimize, this is what I did - I printed every menu from the menu site that I thought I might be interested in. I created a spreadsheet and selected the most expensive appetizer, entree, dessert, frozen drink and coffee that I thought I might actually eat. I added it up - added 21% (tax and tip) and compared that amount to the cost of the coupon. Any restaurant with greater than 20% savings, I targeted for eating there - and there were about 10-15 restaurants that qualified.

Given that the "intepretation" rules change constantly and vary from restaurant to restaurant and waiter to waiter, these were our findings as os Aug 2001:

1. Concourse Steakhouse - best use of lunch/breakfast coupon (food value for the dollar, presuming you like beef). Period.

2. Grand Floridian Cafe - great food, good ambiance, consistently terrible service (breakfast/lunch) - presumes you like steak-n-eggs for breakfast - appetizer fruit plate is enough for a meal - frozen cappacinos galore!

3. Le Cellier - good food, "literal/minimum" interpreation of coupon, service OK.

4. Teppanyaki - has the latest lunch seating (4 pm), allowing us to qualify for "early dinner" (in our own minds). When our guests were late, they graciously allowed us use the lunch coupon during the dinner hour.

5. Brown Derby - always a favorite. Literal use of coupon, but still a good value.

6. Pecos Bill - first time eating there with counter coupon - boys loved burgers. Only drawback is that you have to take your dessert at the same time and there is no way to keep it from melting while you eat your burger. Minor issue.

7. Beaches & Cream - best value for counter coupon - recorded in detail in other threads.

8. Pepper Market - could also be considered best value for counter coupon - if you prefer steak to ice cream. Interpration varied from waiter to waiter......

9. Whispering Canyon - breakfast - has steak-n-eggs - which if you like and are staying at the WL is a good value. We did not have a great waitress and did not go back to see if it might be different another time.

I could go on and on - but my family is waiting in the car for a family picnic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter