• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confirming reservations

dogsmom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone ever call to confirm their ADRs? I've had our ADRs for several months, but we changed resorts in the meantime. I think I asked this before, but I'm wondering if anyone evers calls to confirm their ADRs right before their trip.

I did not call on my last trip, but that was 2001 when it wasn't so hard to get ADR's, but I am planning on calling to confirm for this trip.

I always call to confirm. However I also have a tendency to change my ADRs alot (did I say ALOT :rolleyes: ). Anyway several times I've found that the CM neglected to cancel some of my ADRs when I've made new ones and once they had mispellled my last name (Johnson instead of Jackson) and shortened my first name to just the first three letters which changes it to a man's name. There is no way I would have recognized that name as mine. Once they also had some of my ADRs under my home phone and some under my cell phone number. I always give them my home number, but call on my cell, so it shows up on their screen I guess.

No I do not call to confirm.. I figure if I have a confirmation number that should be enough, and I have never had a problem. Now you have me wondering....

I do now--after a major problem at Wolfgang Pucks.
And if you are staying on Disney peroperty, Guest Services at the hotel will print the ADR's out for you. Nice to have just in case--

I have never called to confirm my ADR's. I make sure I repeat day, date and time and the confirmation number when I am making the ADR and I have never had a problem. Names do get spelled incorrectly but all I have ever needed was the confirmation number and it always cleared things right up.

I was surprised that other people did call to confirm. Just to make myself feel better I just called to confirm. I also did not know that the resorts can print out your ADR list. This would be very handy, esp. if I lost my own!

I was planning on calling to confirm them all once I am sure I have them all correct (I keep changing our minds). But, I have changed and cancelled several times now.

I do, it doesn't hurt, you never know what could happen, and I don't want any aggravation after I arrive. :goodvibes

Doesn't hurt to call to verify them, they do sometimes get messed up. Also, if you're staying on property, when you check in, go over to Guest Services and ask them to print out your ADRs. When we did, they had 1 place down twice for us (which was NOT what we'd booked), and were missing one reservation too. Luckily, I had written down all my ADR numbers (VERY compulsive, I know), they punched it up by number, corrected the spelling on our name (EVERYBODY butchers our last name, so I'm used to that, even when I spell it out for them SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY) and we were all set with a new printout with everything right.

Enjoy the Magic while you're there, & make it last for a LONG TIME!

I definitely think it's a good idea to confirm them. I was changing an ADR and decided to confirm all my others. Somehow they had us down for 3 appointments for Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique! I had only made 1, but somehow they goofed on that one.

I called for my Sept. trip and they had one of mine missing. Had the confirmation number and they couldn't find it. Missed out on Spoodles :guilty:

I 've learned that confirming my ADRs gives me one less thing to worry about. Now I can worry about getting my travel documents on time, getting through airport security, losing my luggage, getting a savannah view of the people pens, losing my tickets to MVMCP, getting sick, getting a blister....... :crazy:

I never call to confirm. Although on one trip my reservation didn't show up at Kona. Wasn't a big deal because they weren't busy. Anyhow, after that snafu, I asked guest relations at CSR to print out my ADRs. Everything they printed out was correct. And it was easier carrying around their printout with the confirmations numbers on them.

I call and confirm. Never had a problem that caused me to start doing this, but I'm just a "confirmer" of everything, i.e., hair appointments, friend/family get-togethers, professional appointments. Heck, even my work as a court reporter requires me to call all the attorneys the day before a deposition and confirm.

Guess I'm just a habitual confirmer now :)

I would say confirm. it'll only take a few minutes and you will have the peace of mind to know your ADRs are all in place. I called to confirm mine after making some resort changes and such, turned out one of the ressies was under my full name (Kathryn) not Kathy like the rest and it would ahve been an issue... it never hurts to check! Have a great trip!!!

dogsmom said:
Does anyone ever call to confirm their ADRs? I've had our ADRs for several months, but we changed resorts in the meantime. I think I asked this before, but I'm wondering if anyone evers calls to confirm their ADRs right before their trip.

I always do. Once the CM had made my reservations for the month I called rather than the month I was going. Fortunately, there was still an opening when I wanted. But my confirming ADRs is really just part of my pre-trip ritual. Read weather report-Check! Print out airline confirmation-Check! Pack-Check! Call to confirm ADRs-Check!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter