Confirmed dessert substitution thread?

wellesleyprincess

DIS Veteran
Is there a thread for the confirmed substitutions of small appetizer for the dessert? I'm thinking a list with what restaurant and what substitution was allowed. If not anybody else interested in starting one?

I'm personally curious about Rose & Crown and Be Our Guest.

Is there a thread for the confirmed substitutions of small appetizer for the dessert? I'm thinking a list with what restaurant and what substitution was allowed. If not anybody else interested in starting one?

I'm personally curious about Rose & Crown and Be Our Guest.

The problem with such a list is that even if someone was able to do it once, it doesn't mean the same restaurant will do it again. There is nothing in the Disney Dining material that says the TS substitution is even available. It does happen, but it is up to each restaurant's discretion.

While some have reported being able to substitute something for the dessert, there is no guarantee that a restaurant will continue to offer it and/or if it would be the same item. The dining plan brochure is very vague. It only says "Ask your server about potential substitutions, but substitutions not guaranteed" so one person's experience might be very different from another's.

I can tell you that when I pre-ordered our lunch at Be Our Guest the soups are also listed in the dessert section if you want to sub them for the dessert there.

I can tell you that when I pre-ordered our lunch at Be Our Guest the soups are also listed in the dessert section if you want to sub them for the dessert there.

But that is only for lunch, which is QS. Getting something for the QS dessert IS written into the brochure, although it won't matter for 2017 since there is no dessert with QS meals.

Anyway, the OP was asking about TS meals.

But that is only for lunch, which is QS. Getting something for the QS dessert IS written into the brochure, although it won't matter for 2017 since there is no dessert with QS meals.

Anyway, the OP was asking about TS meals.

Actually neither the title nor the original post SAYS table service or even "TS". The didn't specify BOG as the dinner only. For all I know "Rose & Crown" could have been referring to the pub and not just dining room. Finally no where does it state they want 2017.

Actually neither the title nor the original post SAYS table service or even "TS". The didn't specify BOG as the dinner only. For all I know "Rose & Crown" could have been referring to the pub and not just dining room. Finally no where does it state they want 2017.

Sorry, but they used the words "small appetizer." You don't get an appetizer with a QS meal. And Rose & Crown pub is still a TS meal, not a QS meal. As to the 2017 reference, that was just to clarify for anyone who comes along next month and sees your post about substituting a dessert at a QS meal.

Sorry, but they used the words "small appetizer." You don't get an appetizer with a QS meal. And Rose & Crown pub is still a TS meal, not a QS meal. As to the 2017 reference, that was just to clarify for anyone who comes along next month and sees your post about substituting a dessert at a QS meal.

Ok I'm all out of gold stars, here's a scratch and sniff flower instead :flower1:

As a law student I respect you working with the vagueness

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts