Confessions of a Disney Convert: A March 2017 Trip

Just finished up your TR! I loved it so much. Experiencing Disney through your children is such a magical experience. Glad you had such a great time, and are even considering another trip :mickeyjum

I loved your trip report, it made me smile the whole time I was reading it. So much joy and love came out in your writing. You definitely conveyed the Disney magic, but I think a lot of the reason your trip was so magical was also because of your approach -- you picked the right things to do at the right times, didn't put too much pressure on yourselves or your daughter to do everything, and went with the flow. Good lessons for all of us! I don't have kids but would love to go with my nieces and nephews, though they are hesitant cause they are too young (4 and 5) and fear it would be too stressful, so this makes me feel better that it can be done! Thanks for writing such a great TR!

Just read your TR. Loved it. Did I pick up that you are a teacher? I'm in elementary. 19 years.

As far as Disney, just took my then 2 year old for the first time last June - the then 4 year old was on his second trip (15th for me). And we will be back again this June but it will be my DH's first in 35 years!

Loved the parade photos and the relaxed approach. I wish I could do that but it's so not my style. I'm going to try to add in more slow-down time this trip and we do have a 4 hour break scheduled every day (along with an 8 night trip).

But I digress. Enjoyed reading and hope you guys get back sooner, rather than later!

Just read your TR. Loved it. Did I pick up that you are a teacher? I'm in elementary. 19 years.

As far as Disney, just took my then 2 year old for the first time last June - the then 4 year old was on his second trip (15th for me). And we will be back again this June but it will be my DH's first in 35 years!

Loved the parade photos and the relaxed approach. I wish I could do that but it's so not my style. I'm going to try to add in more slow-down time this trip and we do have a 4 hour break scheduled every day (along with an 8 night trip).

But I digress. Enjoyed reading and hope you guys get back sooner, rather than later!

I'm just finding my way back to this board and wanted to reply (very late, indeed - I'm sorry!). Yes, I'm a college professor, just tenured this year. Probably worlds away from elementary school teaching in some ways, but not others (there are tantrums and tears at every age, I suppose!).

I hope you had a wonderful trip this summer!

I don't think I've ever teared up reading a trip report before but here I am, sitting in my cubicle, teary eyed and hoping no one comes over to talk to me!!

Well done! And I look forward to reading your future reports "soon". :love:

What an absolutely enchanting trip report. It reminds me so much of the first time we took our kids and my daughters were 4. Experiencing Disney with your young children for the first time is indeed magical. Thank you for bringing back those memories and for writing this charming report.

Thank you (a very belated thank you!) for reading along, and I hope that you both have had wonderful summers.

You're trip reminds me so much of our first with a kid. My daughter was 4, we were there the week after Thanksgiving and everything was perfect. I had grown up near Disney as a kid and was pretty much over it. But watching it through my daughter's eyes was magical-there is no other word for it. My husband and I both got swept away in seeing her joy and delight over everything. There was an added bonus of the customer service being top notch. We've taken trips since then and added a couple more kids. But nothing can compare to that first trip with just her.

I wanted to thank you for your comment - it's true, nothing will probably ever compare! I've just found out that I'm pregnant with twins (!) and I know our whole world is going to change, including whether and how we make it back to Disney any time soon! But if and when we do, I know we'll make brand new memories that can't ever replace these.

Just finished up your TR! I loved it so much. Experiencing Disney through your children is such a magical experience. Glad you had such a great time, and are even considering another trip :mickeyjum

I loved your trip report, it made me smile the whole time I was reading it. So much joy and love came out in your writing. You definitely conveyed the Disney magic, but I think a lot of the reason your trip was so magical was also because of your approach -- you picked the right things to do at the right times, didn't put too much pressure on yourselves or your daughter to do everything, and went with the flow. Good lessons for all of us! I don't have kids but would love to go with my nieces and nephews, though they are hesitant cause they are too young (4 and 5) and fear it would be too stressful, so this makes me feel better that it can be done! Thanks for writing such a great TR!

Thank you both for your comments, and I'm sorry my reply has been so long in coming. It really was magical!

Loved your trip report! What type of camera did you use? Your pictures are great!

I'm sorry I took so long to come back to reply. I took pictures with an iPhone and a Nikon D5000. think somewhere else I mistakenly said it was a 7100 :/ I have a couple of different lenses that I like to shoot with, including a Sigma 70-300 mm zoom lens.

I wanted to thank you for your comment - it's true, nothing will probably ever compare! I've just found out that I'm pregnant with twins (!) and I know our whole world is going to change, including whether and how we make it back to Disney any time soon! But if and when we do, I know we'll make brand new memories that can't ever replace these.

Congratulations!!

what a great TR! Thank you for sharing your family's trip and memories. It made me remember what it felt like for me as a parent to see the joy and wonder on my little guy's face on our first trip :wizard: This makes me want to book another trip - just me and my son - right now!

This was such a joy to read! It brought back many wonderful memories of taking my daughter to Disney when she was little. I admit, I teared up a few times looking at your pictures and feeling the emotions you so beautifully shared with us.

Thank you for sharing it!

My daughter (now 24!) and I spent an afternoon and evening at EPCOT just before Thanksgiving last year. We were in town for a concert at the House of Blues at Disney Springs and also one in Tallahassee (a four hour drive from Orlando to Tallahassee and back again to catch a flight back home the following morning was totally worth it!). Talking her into going to one of the parks was a bit hard, but once I mentioned she could drink around the world in EPCOT, she was in! We had a really good time and she's even mentioned wanting to go back to see the other parks! While it's not the same innocent fun we had when she was a little girl, it's still magical to have this time with my daughter.

I love the way you write. I can tell how much you're loving this time with your daughter! And congratulations! That's so exciting about the twins!

I'm loving your report so far! You're writing style is so easy to follow and the great pictures are a bonus! My girls are 18 & 15 so my little girl princess days are over, but I can assure you - the princess obsession doesn't diminish with age... just gets less "pink"... :cutie: Thanks for sharing, can't wait to finish reading.

Well I can tell you from experience it's a totally different world taking twins along for the adventure, not a bad different, just a much more exhausting one!
Good luck!
(my kids are 10 and 5 and 5 now, but I can't seem to update my sig!)

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your amazing trip! I felt all of the joy, sadness and excitement right along with you.

My daughter is 6 and we are taking a quick trip to WDW this month to relive the joy once again. I am easily persuaded into another trip because I cherish the memories we make. Hope your next magical memories are "real soon"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter