Concierge Room on the Dream

can i ask how much you had to pay to upgrade at the port? just curious, as i've already booked a V, but it would be nice to hope that a T will be available at the terminal for a slightly more reasonable rate...

We upgraded 5A to V for $540. A T would've been about $1900, I believe. So V to T shouldn't be bad. For those who haven't upgraded at port before (this was our 1st), I suggest getting in line early @PC, checking in for your exisiting reservation, then hightail it to the supervisor's desk (left side of terminal as one enters, on the far end) and get in line to ask about available upgrades. :thumbsup2

The CM had a spreadsheet of upgrade cost from cat XX to Cat YY. I peeked.

I wouldn't be shocked if some DISer were to scan/post one someday... :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for all the info so far. I have 2 questions do you remember the name of the 3 concierge hosts? Did you have a meet and greet with them once you boarded as on the Magic/Wonder and was this held in the concierge lounge? Thanks again:goodvibes

Patrick, Patty, and Pat...errr Jonathan. ;)

Yes and Yes.

ETA: If you upgrade at port, there might be a delay in your info getting to them. Or maybe that was another MV thing. Same with your luggage getting to your new room.

I had a question for those who have stayed in concierge on the Dream. Is there a second concierge reception sometime later in the cruise on a 4-night cruise? Or is there just the meet and greet?

Thanks!

I had a question for those who have stayed in concierge on the Dream. Is there a second concierge reception sometime later in the cruise on a 4-night cruise? Or is there just the meet and greet?

Thanks!

I don't recall getting a note about a second reception like we have had on the Wonder. I suspect the happy hour(s) and constant finger food availability make up for that, except no character meet and greet. Then again, the lack of that may have been a MV thing.

can i ask how much you had to pay to upgrade at the port? just curious, as i've already booked a V, but it would be nice to hope that a T will be available at the terminal for a slightly more reasonable rate...

For the 3 night from a Cat. 5B to a T was $750, it would have been about $400 to upgrade to the V. I thought it was a deal considering the night before they wanted $3900 to upgrade to the T and $2300 for the V. So beware of offers the night before disembarkation if sailing a B2B. :scared1:

For the 3 night from a Cat. 5B to a T was $750, it would have been about $400 to upgrade to the V. I thought it was a deal considering the night before they wanted $3900 to upgrade to the T and $2300 for the V. So beware of offers the night before disembarkation if sailing a B2B. :scared1:

They tempt you with offers on the B2B the night before - this is our first B2B so never done this before BUT the only thing they can tempt me with is the Roy or Walt suite - and the chances of those being available is most likely not - but for the right price I would in a heartbeat :) - right now we have the 1 bedroom between the two.

Krisann

WOW!! only $750 from 5B to T!!!!! that's an incredible deal!!!!

They tempt you with offers on the B2B the night before - this is our first B2B so never done this before BUT the only thing they can tempt me with is the Roy or Walt suite - and the chances of those being available is most likely not - but for the right price I would in a heartbeat :) - right now we have the 1 bedroom between the two.

Krisann

12000!! We didn't get to see that one, but it's verrrry interestink!! PLEASE take pictures (including the FULL FORWARD VIEW) and post them when you get back!! :banana:

12000!! We didn't get to see that one, but it's verrrry interestink!! PLEASE take pictures (including the FULL FORWARD VIEW) and post them when you get back!! :banana:

you mean a full frontal? ;)

yes yes, please do take lots and lots and lots of verandah pictures!!!!!...

I don't recall getting a note about a second reception like we have had on the Wonder. I suspect the happy hour(s) and constant finger food availability make up for that, except no character meet and greet. Then again, the lack of that may have been a MV thing.

That's a bummer. The constant food/beverage in lounge is nice but we always look forward to the reception not only for the character meet but also getting to meet some of the ships other officers. I guess time will tell if this is different on other sailings

I have taken pictures already from when I did a TA tour of the dream - the link to my photos on facebook is in my sig - check it out - I spent extra time in the room because I knew we were staying there - my daughter is turning 16 on the cruise so this is her sweet 16 party time - and my birthday is the week before that - so happy birthday to me!!! It will be fun - we are having our cruise meet in the room too because the verhanda is so big!

Krisann

you mean a full frontal? ;)

yes yes, please do take lots and lots and lots of verandah pictures!!!!!...

Well, shyeah... but I wasn't gonna post that HERE!! :lmao: They KNOW me on the podcast forum and I could get away with that THERE! :rotfl2:

I know the waitlist works as we were able to get the Roy suite for our upcoming western in April. We like to stay at the Hyatt MCO and use DCL transfers, no way we'll get to port early. If offered an upgrade beforehand, I'll take it! :)

I have taken pictures already from when I did a TA tour of the dream - the link to my photos on facebook is in my sig - check it out - I spent extra time in the room because I knew we were staying there - my daughter is turning 16 on the cruise so this is her sweet 16 party time - and my birthday is the week before that - so happy birthday to me!!! It will be fun - we are having our cruise meet in the room too because the verhanda is so big!

Krisann

Great FB pics, thanks for the link! I didn't know before that the Roy suite had that cappuccino/espresso maker!

Great FB pics, thanks for the link! I didn't know before that the Roy suite had that cappuccino/espresso maker!

Me either! I think this is the first I read about it even. :thumbsup2

In the pictures you can see where the one bed would come out of the wall but where is the 2nd one?

We were in 12000 on the MV. Great room, awesome verandah, just be prepared to be stared at from deck 13 if you're standing at the rail. We enjoyed having the lounge right there and having snacks during the day. The castmembers did not come around to our room like on the other ships but we got to know them pretty well in the lounge and on CC. Overall a fantastic experience that will make it difficult not to stay on the concierge level in the future. We were spoiled. :)
Greg

That's a bummer. The constant food/beverage in lounge is nice but we always look forward to the reception not only for the character meet but also getting to meet some of the ships other officers. I guess time will tell if this is different on other sailings

we enjoyed meeting the captain and talking about all the geeky nuts and bolts stuff :)

Krisann

great pictures!!
i LOVE that verandah!!!!! i want that room!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me either! I think this is the first I read about it even. :thumbsup2

In the pictures you can see where the one bed would come out of the wall but where is the 2nd one?

They are both along the same wall - one is a double and one a single - if you look close you can see the outline in the wall

I did not take as many pictures of the Walt as it was almost identical to the Roy in my opinion except the bedroom but it also had the same kitchen with the wine and cappi maker and full fridge..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter