Concierge/Club Level Information (Sept 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I have just returned from taking our grandaughter to Disney. We stayed at the BWI, once again, and it was as wonderful as ever. Madyson truly was treated as a princess. The entire cast was wonderful and just reenforced why we stay there all the time. Only 37 more days until I return for my girls trip.

Sounds wonderful :cloud9: I'm sure the BWI CMs enjoyed spoiling your granddaughter princess:
You're so lucky to be returning so soon :banana:

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted advice to contact IPO about our ressie (I was the one that got the e-mail with the link to YC IPO, but was booked in a non-CL room). I emailed IPO to see if they would be able to make a ADR for our upcoming trip in hopes that they would be able to confirm if we had been sprinkled with a bit of pixie dust, but they let us know that IPO was for those booked in CL only! (They did get a GF Cafe ADR for us though!) It must have been an issue with their e-mail system - I was asked to forward the e-mail on to the IPO office.

Thanks again!

I have a couple of questions for all you CL experts..:)
Iam staying at AKL CL in July...my 90 days is fast approaching! I have reluctantly decided to give up making all ADRS myself...and hand over control to Don at AKL!;)
Iam very nervous about this...This is the first time Iam faced with a 90 day window..I prefer the old 180..never ever had a problem getting anything in the past..Le Cellier..CRT...You name it I got it, by calling 7am 180 days out!

Now with this awful new system ..they have to look up your ressie first(no more just blurting out CRT please;))
This means it can take ages before you are even ready to start making ressies...:confused3

anyway....Will Don have any more succsess than me?....Iam after about 12 ADRS including 2 at Le cellier...chef mickeys...Sc-fi...CP...All hard to get:scared1:

How exactly does the IPO make my ressies?....I mean..will Don actually be on the phone bang on 7am trying to get my ressies?...Surely he will have other CL customers he is helping for the same day..what happens then?

I guess iam confused as to how IPO can be better?...do they have early accsess to ADRS?...How can they have such good luck?

Can anyone fill me in??:)

My husband and I have just returned from taking our grandaughter to Disney. We stayed at the BWI, once again, and it was as wonderful as ever. Madyson truly was treated as a princess. The entire cast was wonderful and just reenforced why we stay there all the time. Only 37 more days until I return for my girls trip.

Thats great Kerry! How is Jackie?

Iam staying at AKL CL in July...my 90 days is fast approaching! I have reluctantly decided to give up making all ADRS myself...and hand over control to Don at AKL!;)
Iam very nervous about this...This is the first time Iam faced with a 90 day window..I prefer the old 180..never ever had a problem getting anything in the past..Le Cellier..CRT...You name it I got it, by calling 7am 180 days out!

Now with this awful new system ..they have to look up your ressie first(no more just blurting out CRT please;))
This means it can take ages before you are even ready to start making ressies...:confused3

anyway....Will Don have any more succsess than me?....Iam after about 12 ADRS including 2 at Le cellier...chef mickeys...Sc-fi...CP...All hard to get:scared1:

How exactly does the IPO make my ressies?....I mean..will Don actually be on the phone bang on 7am trying to get my ressies?...Surely he will have other CL customers he is helping for the same day..what happens then?

I guess iam confused as to how IPO can be better?...do they have early accsess to ADRS?...How can they have such good luck?

I've never been inside an IPO office but imagine the CMs there can do it just like those at the concierge desks...by computer.

With the reports of long waits to make dining reservations, I would certainly ask IPO to make them for you. Isn't Don great?

Our last trip was AKL Club. Don was great for us, and I am a vacation control/planning freak. IMO you cannot do any worse than you can on your own using them,and most likely , being on the "inside" ,IPO's can in most cases get you what you desire if possible (that is their sole purpose to cater to our every whim..smile).
The choice is yours..this year I faxed our ADR's to our POLY IPO and did nothing on my own..

Thanks Guys for the replys!:)

One more thing..Iam embarrased by how often I have e mailed Don in the last few days.;)...You are right ..he is great..But I can't get used to telling someone what to do.!....I very polietly give my requests for Adrs...then I send a few more...then a few more...then I ask about booking a tour or two.
And now Iam about to email again with another request!:scared1:

Poor Don..I started off sending just a couple of adrs...(i was going to do the rest myself)...and now 5 e mails later he has `ended up with the whole shooting match!:)

i hope Iam not the only one.....please tell me Iam not!;):)

BTW....Don always responds to my e mails within a couple of hours...Iam v impressed so far!

We're checking in at the BWI on May 16th, arriving in a private car around 8pm. What do we need to do when we arrive? Do you just go up to the concierge desk to check in? We've never stayed on the CL before, so I'm not sure what the arrival/check in procedure is.

We're checking in at the BWI on May 16th, arriving in a private car around 8pm. What do we need to do when we arrive? Do you just go up to the concierge desk to check in? We've never stayed on the CL before, so I'm not sure what the arrival/check in procedure is.

Upon arrival at the resort, inform your bell services attendant that you are checking into the CL. They will (or should) in turn call the CL desk and inform the CM of your arrival.

If your room is ready (and it should be given your check-in/arrival time), you will proceed with luggage to check in (or the bell services attendant will take your luggage directly to your room) at the CL desk.

If the room is not ready (highly unlikely given your arrival time, but information given for those who might have need), bell services will store your luggage while you check in and head out to play. . .When the room is ready you call bell services and request delivery of your luggage. Piece of cake!

Have a great trip, BWI is lovely.

Thanks Guys for the replys!:)

One more thing..Iam embarrased by how often I have e mailed Don in the last few days.;)...You are right ..he is great..But I can't get used to telling someone what to do.!....I very polietly give my requests for Adrs...then I send a few more...then a few more...then I ask about booking a tour or two.
And now Iam about to email again with another request!:scared1:

Poor Don..I started off sending just a couple of adrs...(i was going to do the rest myself)...and now 5 e mails later he has `ended up with the whole shooting match!:)

i hope Iam not the only one.....please tell me Iam not!;):)

BTW....Don always responds to my e mails within a couple of hours...Iam v impressed so far!

You must be my twin sister!

I had trouble giving up control on my ADRs too. I was a nervous wreck on my 90 day mark. We had two weeks worth of ADRs! They were able to get everything for me except the Mama Melrose's FDP, instead I had left instructions to take Hollywood Brown Derby if they couldn't get Mama Melrose.

Here is what they DID get for us: Illuminations Cruise, Wildlife Excursion Safari, Le Cellier, Sci-Fi, Chef Mickeys, Tutto Italia, Rose and Crown, Cape May Buffet (B and D), Liberty Tree Tavern, Ohana, Raglan Road, T-Rex, Yak and Yeti, Princess Storybook Breakfast, the Wave, Crystal Palace, Narcoose's, CRT, Wonderland Tea Party for kids, ALbatross Cruise for Kids, Neverland Club, Gardenview Tea Room and GF Spa day for the kids and me.

I think they did an excellent job!

I sent them several emails and also felt wierd doing so. We had to change some of our"wish list" ADRs and I kept apologizing for having to change things. They were very nice, but I still felt bad.

You must be my twin sister!

I had trouble giving up control on my ADRs too. I was a nervous wreck on my 90 day mark. We had two weeks worth of ADRs! They were able to get everything for me except the Mama Melrose's FDP, instead I had left instructions to take Hollywood Brown Derby if they couldn't get Mama Melrose.

Here is what they DID get for us: Illuminations Cruise, Wildlife Excursion Safari, Le Cellier, Sci-Fi, Chef Mickeys, Tutto Italia, Rose and Crown, Cape May Buffet (B and D), Liberty Tree Tavern, Ohana, Raglan Road, T-Rex, Yak and Yeti, Princess Storybook Breakfast, the Wave, Crystal Palace, Narcoose's, CRT, Wonderland Tea Party for kids, ALbatross Cruise for Kids, Neverland Club, Gardenview Tea Room and GF Spa day for the kids and me.

I think they did an excellent job!

I sent them several emails and also felt wierd doing so. We had to change some of our"wish list" ADRs and I kept apologizing for having to change things. They were very nice, but I still felt bad.

LOL....Thats great that you got so many ADRs!...I am getting hopeful about mine now. Fingers crossed!:)
I told my DH today that I have handed over control to IPO at AKL. He looked at me like I was crazy...(he knows how proud i always am every year when I snag all the best ADRS);)

He thinks I might be making a mistake..as I always do so well on my own..I explained to him about the change in the system and Iam reluctantly handing over the reins as its our best chance....He is not convinced:laughing:

Hopefully after Sunday poor Don will get a break from me for a little while..;):)

Glad Iam not the only "difficult" customer Don has had.:thumbsup2

You will be receiving a letter from IPO a couple days before your trip about this. I just returned and was told if arriving after 7pm to go to the regular checkin and they will call up. This is the first time I got a letter or arrived so late.
I stay at the BW all the time, so I just went up to the 4th floor on my own. My packet was all set for me.

You are going to love staying there. I am going back on the 15th of May for my girls trip. Look for me in the lounge. I will be the very talkitive lady with 2 friends. :cheer2:

Oh, that's so cool that we'll be there at the same time! I'm sure I'll be easy to spot. I'll be the 30smomething year old woman traveling with three 17 year old girls and an 18 year old boy! :scared1: (My theatre students. It's their senior trip!)

KerryCM--How long are you there for this trip? We arrive on the 20th--Are we finally going to get to meet?:laughing: Probably not-I am sure you will be gone!;)

Oh, that's so cool that we'll be there at the same time! I'm sure I'll be easy to spot. I'll be the 30smomething year old woman traveling with three 17 year old girls and an 18 year old boy! :scared1: (My theatre students. It's their senior trip!)

You sound like us except it's 2 18 year old girls, 2 17 year old girls 1 16 year old girl and one 16 year old boy, oh and i can't forget DD8. My 17 year old will be at POP with her 3 friends though, the rest will be with us at the Poly. Are we crazy or what?

KerryCM--How long are you there for this trip? We arrive on the 20th--Are we finally going to get to meet?:laughing: Probably not-I am sure you will be gone!;)

Stacey, we leave on the 19th! Lorenzo told me I was going to miss you. One of these days we will meet!!!! Jim and I are going back in October. We had the best time with Madyson. As you know everyone treated her royally.

Hi there!:wave2: How wonderful that you had such a magical trip with DGD!!!! How cool that you get to go back so soon. I once went about 15 days apart-I was worried that I'd be on overload but it was really great. I'll just miss you in May. I'll be at AKL CL with just DS 5/2 to 5/9. Can't wait-it has been a long winter here.

LOL....Thats great that you got so many ADRs!...I am getting hopeful about mine now. Fingers crossed!:)
I told my DH today that I have handed over control to IPO at AKL. He looked at me like I was crazy...(he knows how proud i always am every year when I snag all the best ADRS);)

He thinks I might be making a mistake..as I always do so well on my own..I explained to him about the change in the system and Iam reluctantly handing over the reins as its our best chance....He is not convinced:laughing:

Hopefully after Sunday poor Don will get a break from me for a little while..;):)

Glad Iam not the only "difficult" customer Don has had.:thumbsup2

OK, I must tell you that after reading your posts, you are definitely NOT one of Don's more difficult customers! ;) He, and all the other wonderful IPO CMs, are used to getting multiple emails with new requests & requests for changes. Don't worry, Don & crew will impress you! :thumbsup2

They take all your requests and get them prepared so that when your booking window opens, your ADRs, tours, cruises, etc are booked! pixiedust: I don't know how they do it, but they always come through! :goodvibes Once everything is in place, they will send you an email with an attachment....... your itinerary!! :yay:

No worries! ;)

Hi there!:wave2: How wonderful that you had such a magical trip with DGD!!!! How cool that you get to go back so soon. I once went about 15 days apart-I was worried that I'd be on overload but it was really great. I'll just miss you in May. I'll be at AKL CL with just DS 5/2 to 5/9. Can't wait-it has been a long winter here.

Hi lovesdumbo - it's good to see you on the boards. Not sure if you've been away or just on different threads :surfweb: How wonderful to be staying AKL CL. :cloud9:

OK, I must tell you that after reading your posts, you are definitely NOT one of Don's more difficult customers! ;) He, and all the other wonderful IPO CMs, are used to getting multiple emails with new requests & requests for changes. Don't worry, Don & crew will impress you! :thumbsup2

They take all your requests and get them prepared so that when your booking window opens, your ADRs, tours, cruises, etc are booked! pixiedust: I don't know how they do it, but they always come through! :goodvibes Once everything is in place, they will send you an email with an attachment....... your itinerary!! :yay:

No worries! ;)

Hi RachelTori :wave2: I totally agree! AKL IPO is the BEST!
Hope all is well with you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter