Concierge/Club Level Information - Part III (October 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all
So the YC IPO said we didn't need to fill out the questionnaire. So I'm curious what was on it? Did we not need to do it because we booked after 180 days?

FYI: I was sent the questionnaire to fill out and return and we booked less than 180 days out.

I wonder if there's a particular "policy" about contacting CL guests once a resort reservation is made. I booked inside of 180 days which was about a month ago now and have not been contacted at all. I'm not complaining just thought it was weird how some are contacted and others have had to initiate contact with IPO. I don't necessarily need anything - already booked the few TS we plan to do and other than tix for MNSSHP i think we are all set. :thumbsup2
I'm really looking forward to experiencing CL for the first time and being in the Hawaii longhouse at the Poly!!

I booked in 260's range, currently am down to 205 days left & still have not been contacted. I plan on sending an email next week.

I booked CL at the Poly with under 60 days and wasn't contacted by anyone. I sent them an email containing my life story, and thus never needed to complete the questionnaire. :lmao:

I just went ahead and contact IPO at AKL because I had a specific question about the Wishes dessert party, which they answered quickly. :thumbsup2

I don't know if IPO can do this, but I want to order this cake that I saw in the Cake thread on the restaurant board and I was wondering if IPO can order it for me. I have no problems with calling, but I figured I can make use of the IPO if they can do that.

I booked CL at the Poly with under 60 days and wasn't contacted by anyone. I sent them an email containing my life story, and thus never needed to complete the questionnaire. :lmao:

Earlier today we finally got an e-mail from the Boardwalk Inn IPO department which I filled out and requested a Half a Red Grapefruit for my Mom which she has everyday with breakfast. We did this for our last stay there in December 2010 and it worked out without any problems, now it's a matter of time until we get the same form to fill out from the Beach Club IPO.

:lmao:

Best part is, you'll never need to provide them with any further information for future trips.

I, too, am Mistress of the Extraneous. :laughing:

Speaking of, I wrote an email to the Disney-Powers-That-Be asking if there were any plans to upgrade all of the CLs to the nice Nespresso machines. I bet they thought I was joking as I've still not heard back. :laughing: Coffee is serious business; don't they realize?!

I don't know if IPO can do this, but I want to order this cake that I saw in the Cake thread on the restaurant board and I was wondering if IPO can order it for me. I have no problems with calling, but I figured I can make use of the IPO if they can do that.

BCIPO has done this for me twice. The first time I wanted a "Pirate Ship" cake from BC Private Dining. Last year I just wanted a mickey head cake for our dinner at the Wave. They arranged everything!

When I called AKIPO to give them my information, the phone rolled over to CRIPO and she told me to call a different number to order a cake. Then I asked about the gift baskets and she gave me another number to call. This is our first time doing CL so I was kind of like, well ok then, this has been super helpful getting numbers I could have gotten from the DIS!!

They should do it, but let's have you test the system, Hannah:thumbsup2

Send an email to the CR IPO telling them what you want to order and let's see if they either order it:) or they email the phone number for you to do it yourself:headache:. Let's hope it's the former and not the latter.

When I called AKIPO to give them my information, the phone rolled over to CRIPO and she told me to call a different number to order a cake. Then I asked about the gift baskets and she gave me another number to call. This is our first time doing CL so I was kind of like, well ok then, this has been super helpful getting numbers I could have gotten from the DIS!!
It rolled over because the line was busy. I had it rollover to the GF once when I tried to call the AKL IPO. Both GF and CR are the same IPO.

If I were you, I would email the AKL IPO and I would put it to the attention of DON. You might get more help than you got from the GF IPO - I hope!

BCIPO has done this for me twice. The first time I wanted a "Pirate Ship" cake from BC Private Dining. Last year I just wanted a mickey head cake for our dinner at the Wave. They arranged everything!
I too had to initiate contact with BC IPO. I had to ask (twice) before they sent me a form to fill out. I only asked for two things, ADRs for Dessert Party and Rose and Crown dinner. They emailed me and said neither one was available. I then emailed them to ask about getting a special cake. They sent a repsonse telling me to contact the cake hotline. :confused3

AKL IPO is not fond of handling cake special orders, but I think they will do it if you push. The first year we tried to have them order a cake for us there was no such thing as the cake hotline. Apparently they couldn't figure out how to do it. They punted it back to us, and we went round and round with Boardwalk Bakery. We finally DID get it figured out. The next year I think AKL IPO did order it for us, but we gave them all the details from the year before.

Last year we didn't stay club level so I ordered my own cake from the Contemporary bakery.

What's this elusive cake thread I keep seeing mentioned? :rolleyes1

Also, has anyone had luck with having something simple like a chilled bottle of champagne and two flutes delivered to the room or would I need to go through a third party like Disney Florists?

Oh my. My diet is regretting my inquiry. :laughing: Thank you! :goodvibes

:laughing: You are very welcome! I was thinking of getting the mini Cinderella castle cake for my gramma and I to eat. I want to surprise her with the cake as a late Mother's Day gift. We will be eating at the Cali Grill on May 10th and that's when I want to have the cake. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter