Concierge/Club Level Information - Part II (Sept 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds great. When we were there Oct 08 there wasn't any kids area so I think that will be a great improvement. We'll be there June 2011 and can't wait! Do you have any pics??

Yes, I have pics, but not sure how "good" they are yet!! :confused: They looked OK on the little camera screen -- we'll see when I get them uploaded in a couple days! ;)

Yes, I have pics, but not sure how "good" they are yet!! :confused: They looked OK on the little camera screen -- we'll see when I get them uploaded in a couple days! ;)

I'm interested in seeing them, too. I can't imagine what the lounge looks like now. Hope your photos came out ok -- I hate when mine look good until I enlarge them.:headache:

AKL-CL pictures:

Here are some pictures of the "new" set-up in the Lounge:

The cooler's new location:
DSCN1823.jpg

The CM desks were brought forward:
DSCN1820.jpg

The new kids area of the Lounge (where the 2 CM desks used to be; CM desks are on the other side of the 4' wall on the left of this picture):
DSCN1819.jpg

DSCN7927.jpg

DSCN1822.jpg

AKL-CL pictures:

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

The new kids area of the Lounge (where the 2 CM desks used to be; CM desks are on the other side of the 4' wall on the left of this picture):
DSCN1819.jpg

DSCN7927.jpg

DSCN1822.jpg

Very cool, thanks for sharing, hopefully I will have some to add to the collection....

Hi y'all! I've been at WDW for 11 days; just got home late last night!

I do want to report that the AKL Lounge has been remodeled. Desks brought forward and kids area added behind that. (They are planning to add Wii for the kids in the near future!!) The main TV now has ESPN on; kids area has Disney Channel!! The place looks great! :thumbsup2 The refrigerator has been moved over to the main area, by the trash can. Although this may change again, for now, it is emptied nightly. So while the lounge is accessible 24/7, don't count on finding any cold beverages after 10pm.

Welcome back! Nice to have met you while we were there! We got back 10/9 in the late afternoon. Boy did we hate to leave that gorgeous weather and all that lovely food & drink! Thanks for taking the time to meet!

Thanks for the pics RachelTori! I think it is a much better use of the space and it will be nice having the kids area. Only, 236 more days. :rolleyes1

Welcome back! Nice to have met you while we were there! We got back 10/9 in the late afternoon. Boy did we hate to leave that gorgeous weather and all that lovely food & drink! Thanks for taking the time to meet!

Hi Tess! :wave2: It was great meeting you and Ron! :goodvibes The weather was amazing, wasn't it?!! :cloud9: Thankfully, we're having the same great weather here in Georgia....... for now!! ;) I hope our paths will cross again one day soon! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pics RachelTori! I think it is a much better use of the space and it will be nice having the kids area. Only, 236 more days. :rolleyes1

They did a nice job on it and the CMs seem pleased with the new set up. :thumbsup2

Hi
New to all this but have been reading all your fabulous posts and hope you can help me please!!

We visited the Polynesian in August (13th - 26th) and had a marvellous trip so much so that myself and DH really want to come back for our double celebration in 2011 We are both turning 40 next year and will have been married 20 years (in fact a year tomorrow - 12th October!!) We really want to stay in the Grand Floridian from the 5th Oct till the 16th Oct to cover our actual Anniversary date.
We loved the Poly but with no kids this time want to try the GF - thinking of CL (Sugar Loaf most probably) is it best to book this far out? Getting scared about leaving it much longer. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

:cheer2:

Is the reservation outage impacting the ability of the IPOs to contact us? I sent an email over 24 hours ago to the BC/YC IPO. I received the automated reply but have heard nothing since. I always have had a much quicker reply and it never took longer than a day. I contacted them to cancel a reservation at Sandcastle Club. I also informed them that our friends were staying club level at BC same dates as us but that neither our friends or us had received the intro/ welcome letter. I sent them this note because I do want to see the welcome note and because I want my friends to take full advantage of their first CL stay. I would think that I would have received some sort of acknowledgement by now...

AKL-CL pictures:

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg

DSCN7927.jpg

DSCN1822.jpg

Very cool! I can't until my trip in August.

Thanks for posting the photos of AKL CL lounge. I couldn't imagine what it looked like -- we love that lounge and it looks like they worked hard to improve it.:)

First time posting here - I hope this isn't a repeat of a repeat question! :goodvibes

We have a reservation in December for AKL CL, and I just recieved an email from Disney Destinations with a link to fill out an online form for IPO for our stay. I've never been contacted before, I've always been the one to contact IPO (never stayed at AKL before though) and I've always been sent an email form to fill out, never online. Anyone else seen this - I wondered if it was part of the new system, or just something I didn't know about. :)

Earlier tonight we got an e-mail from the Boardwalk IPO department that was sent to us via Disney Destinations and it was a link to fill out all that information for the IPO. So anyone we filled out what time we would arrive around and requesting a Half a Red Grapefruit for my mom to eat with her Breakfast, so since we sent them that information we will hear something back from the Boardwalk IPO department?

I am so excited!!! :cool1::banana::cool1::banana:
When they ask about the luggage I tell them that it is just because I am that good of a planner and who needs shorts in WI in Oct., Nov. and Dec. ;)

Who would think that we would be having the weather in Wisconsin the past few weeks :cool1: It is still summer here :cheer2:

just home, in regards to the outtage, there was a letter in our room that explained and it seemed like an extensive upgrade though I'm sorry i don't remember the details.

now....drum roll.......

WE WERE UPGRADED TO CL AT THE CONTEMPORARY!

omg, stunned, absolutely stunned. I never in my wildest dreams thought we'd get an upgrade! we were checking in as my DH was registered for a convention, so when the CM said "atrium level" and "concierge" then I said "really? awesome" and we just assumed the vendor had put the group at CL. the next day DH came back from a day of 'work' and told me that we were the only ones in the group, so all i can figure is PD :wizard:

the staff was excellent! I didn't get to know their names, except for Paul and Michael (?) but they all very friendly, and more than happy to accomodate requests. I'm glad that I had a prior stay at CL so I felt comfortable asking for simple things, like a glass of wine. Paul was awesome checking with everyone and offering simple things like choc. chip cookies, water to take back to room, etc.

the lounge was immaculately clean and the food was fantastic! i think i could've taken a whole dessert tray back to the room with me :thumbsup2

Anyone recently return from BWI garden suites? Comments, observations and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Is the reservation outage impacting the ability of the IPOs to contact us? I sent an email over 24 hours ago to the BC/YC IPO. I received the automated reply but have heard nothing since. I always have had a much quicker reply and it never took longer than a day. I contacted them to cancel a reservation at Sandcastle Club. I also informed them that our friends were staying club level at BC same dates as us but that neither our friends or us had received the intro/ welcome letter. I sent them this note because I do want to see the welcome note and because I want my friends to take full advantage of their first CL stay. I would think that I would have received some sort of acknowledgement by now...

I had e-mailed BWI prior to the outtage, got the automated e-mail and nothing else. I arrive tomorrow!! Oh well.

just home, in regards to the outtage, there was a letter in our room that explained and it seemed like an extensive upgrade though I'm sorry i don't remember the details.

now....drum roll.......

WE WERE UPGRADED TO CL AT THE CONTEMPORARY!

omg, stunned, absolutely stunned. I never in my wildest dreams thought we'd get an upgrade! we were checking in as my DH was registered for a convention, so when the CM said "atrium level" and "concierge" then I said "really? awesome" and we just assumed the vendor had put the group at CL. the next day DH came back from a day of 'work' and told me that we were the only ones in the group, so all i can figure is PD :wizard:

the staff was excellent! I didn't get to know their names, except for Paul and Michael (?) but they all very friendly, and more than happy to accomodate requests. I'm glad that I had a prior stay at CL so I felt comfortable asking for simple things, like a glass of wine. Paul was awesome checking with everyone and offering simple things like choc. chip cookies, water to take back to room, etc.

the lounge was immaculately clean and the food was fantastic! i think i could've taken a whole dessert tray back to the room with me :thumbsup2
Congratulations on that upgrade and during our most recent Club Level stay this pasy August at the Contemporary, both Paul and Michael were great when it came to things we needed and etc.

Anyone recently return from BWI garden suites? Comments, observations and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

All the best. :thumbsup2

I posted the following on another thread:

Just returned from 10 days at the BWI Garden Suites. Our stay was from 09-10-2010 through 09-19-2010. We requested one of the three balcony suites when we made our reservations. However, when we arrived we were taken to a cottage suite with the gate and garden entrance; but stated that we had hoped for a balcony suite. The club level specially appointed bellman immediately got on the phone and hooked us up. We were taken to balcony suite 1207. For us, this was everything we had hoped for. This bellman treated us very special; and we appreciated him so much.

It was a really beautiful room with a separate upstairs bedroom, having king-size bed and full-size armoire; bath area, having an enormous walk-in marble shower plus garden whirl tub; full-size closet; and balcony. The two-sink vanity had drawers and cabinets instead of the shelving set-up in other rooms. I liked this because I thought it was roomier and I could keep all my cosmetics, etc. completely out of site. The balcony was deep and roomy.

The downstairs has quite a large bathroom in this suite, featuring toilet and full wall sink/vanity instead of a pedestal sink I had seen in pictures. In addition, there was another full-size closet next to the bathroom. I kept thinking if our two girls, ages 16 and 8, had been with us, there would have been ample room for us all, with them sleeping on the queen size pullout sofa downstairs.

Gwen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter