Concern about document approval

DizMagic

DIS Veteran
We are sailing on the 17th with our parents (first time cruisers). They do not have passports so I uploaded their DL and BC. My dad's was approved last week, but Mom's is still pending. I'm concerned if there is an issue with the document we will find out too late. They are already in FL on another vacation and we leave on Wednesday. So if DCL needs something else before the cruise we won't be able to get it. What will be our options?

Did her birth certificate have the raised symbol? Was it an official copy from the government? did you get word back?

It is the original certificate she got back in the day so it looks different. they haven't declined anything, just still pending. My issue is , if they do not disapprove until 2 days prior, we will not be able to do anything to correct the situation. Is there a way to call and see the status before i leave town?

It is the original certificate she got back in the day so it looks different.
Does it what some places refer to as the “long form”? I think it needs her full name, date of birth, place of birth, and full names of her parents, etc.
I would call DCL to ask why it hasn’t cleared yet. And she should bring all documents to the port with her.

the birth certificate has to be one issued by the bureau of vital statistics in the state she was born in. Back in the day hospitals issued a “certificate of birth” showing name, date, parents etc but it is not an official state issued birth certificate. My mother in law had one if those that she thought was her birth certificate. I had to do a quick trip to the state office 2 hours away to get a proper certificate before her cruise

Make sure nothing was cut off when you uploaded it. Bring your parents marriage certificate if she uses her married name on her DL. Bring original documents with you.

If everything is in order with the birth certificate, it could be that her photo didn’t pass. A new one can be taken at port check-in if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter