Completed on 7/14! June 2016--Poly Villa Mother/Daughter trip with FOOD!

Your cupcake looks amazing!
Oh my gosh...it was so good. I felt so weird taking glamour shots of it, but it deserved it! lol I had all that food, and sitting next to me was a family of four adults who shared one order of hummus and one(ONE) flatbread! I was like...um..whoops! lol

Enjoying your reviews. Too bad that Chef's de France went to an all day dinner menu. I think you would have liked the old lunch pre fixe menu.

Enjoying your reviews. Too bad that Chef's de France went to an all day dinner menu. I think you would have liked the old lunch pre fixe menu.
I totally agree. I was looking forward to a croque monsieur! I am a sucker for a good ham and cheese!!!

So when I finally woke up, I got it together and we got ready for our last dinner in the World. At least we saved a nice signature for last. I often do that. I feel like celebrating at the end of my vacation! We had a 7pm ADR for a new to us restaurant, Artist Point. I had only ever been to the Wilderness Lodge once, and I was excited to go back as an older person and really look around. We left the Poly at 5:30 via boat to the MK. We then changed boats and were delivered to the Wilderness Lodge by 6:30 pm. What a beautiful, quiet spot. You really feel like you're whisked away to the Pacific Northwest. I would definitely stay at this resort one day. After looking around and taking MANY pictures, we headed to Artist Point. They seated us rather quickly and in 'our best table'. One of the things I love most about Signature restaurants at the resorts is the level of service you receive. Every manager, bus person and server was as kind as could be. We had a great seat right at the window overlooking the trees, the pool and the resort! What a great start. Our server was Carlos, and he was wonderful. We received our menu, but I already had stalked it online and knew the appetizer I wanted. It took me a bit more time to decide on a main and a drink.

I started with the Lodge Fizz(grey goose, triple sec, cranberry juice and sprite). It was delicious. They also brought us out some wonderful bread with good butter with the salt on top of it. Mom did not get an app or a drink but stuck with water. I HAD to try the smoked portobello bisque. I had read about it so much, I knew I wanted to try it. Let's just say I was NOT disappointed. I LOVE mushrooms, and so this was a homerun for me. It was smoky and creamy. The crispy oyster mushrooms gave it a nice texture.

For my main I went with Seared Diver Sea Scallops. I was not very hungry after the bisque, so the fact that there were only three scallops on the plate was fine for me. If you are looking for a more substantial meal, then this is not for you. The presentation was gorgeous. It looked like a sea scene. There were crispy vegetables that were standing up on the plate to mimic sea plants. There were different kinds of purees on the plate that looked like waves and sand. There was also a crumble on the plate to mimic the sea. Overall, it was very nice.

Mom went with the grilled filet mignon. She LOVED it and ate the whole thing. She had no complaints, which makes this a huge success.

One of the best aspects of this restaurant is the atmosphere. It is serene and calm. I felt nothing but happiness sitting there. I would definitely go to Artist Point again!!!
IMG_4948.JPG IMG_4949.JPG IMG_4950.JPG IMG_4951.JPG IMG_4952.JPG IMG_4954.JPG IMG_4955.JPG IMG_4946.JPG

Friday, June 24 was our last day. We were picking up a car from Alamo at the Car Care Center and driving up to Jacksonville to see my Aunt Judy. We were planning on picking up the car at noon. I had Kona booked for our last breakfast and figured that my mom would be tired and not want to go back to a park. I was WRONG. She said...we have to go back to the Magic one more time!:love: Umm...okay. Now I had a Be Our Guest breakfast scheduled for earlier in the week at what would have been pre rope drop, they then changed their hours and opened the MK everyday at 8am. I canceled because 1. I am not a big breakfast person 2. I really had the pre rope drop ADR so I could be in the park before the crowds 3. I didn't really think 24 dollars for breakfast made sense. I have never been into BOG because it was always such a hassle to get there. I didn't see the point. As we were touring during the week, my mom kept asking about the Beast's Castle. I checked my MDE on Thursday, and there was an 8:45am ADR for breakfast. I grabbed it and mom was thrilled. We went through the menu and pre ordered. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this. It was so easy, and it saved us so much time. I didn't know how it would work since we were paying with two separate magic bands, but it was NO problem at all. The cast member at the cash register said, oh honey we'll figure it out. She was great. We entered and I was flabbergasted at how gorgeous it was. Imagineering was on point with this one. I know this is old news to those who have been in here, but wow! The ballroom was SLAMMIN and I was nervous we wouldn't find anywhere to sit. I then noticed two other rooms. One was very dark(the west wing) and I really wanted to sit in there and there was no one in there. I was nervous that mom wouldn't be able to see. We settled into the music room and my back was to the spinning Belle and Beast as I was sitting on a half booth half table. I was amazed by how they found us via our magic band, no rose for pre orders. Since we paid separately, we were delivered two different pastry baskets which was FAR too much! I went with the croque madam and chocolate milk. I am SO GLAD I DID! Oh my lord...it was delicious. It must have been the combination of the swiss cheese and the bechamel sauce. I was in heaven and couldn't get enough of it. I loved the bread and even ate the egg. I mean under cheese and cream sauce, who even tastes the egg. The chocolate croissant-ish pastry in the basket was the best. It was like an inside out croissant. I had one during the week from the Kona Island and thought the same thing. It's the 'new' pastry d'jour for Disney. Try one...you'll thank me later.

Mom went with Gaston's feast. It was the typical eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc. She said it was good. We both also got fruit with our breakfast. Now I know it was delicious, but I don't know if I'd pay $24 per person for this. We did get a lot of food, but $24 for breakfast?!?:headache:
IMG_4962.JPG IMG_4963.JPG IMG_4964.JPG IMG_4965.JPG IMG_4966.JPG

Well that's the end. We sadly got our rental with no problems and with a tear in our eye headed off of Disney property. Is there anything sadder? One final shoutout and picture. This little gem made it all possible. IMG_4765.JPG One tap, and I signed my monetary life away! Total spent on my magic band while on Disney property was $496. I know that seems like a lot, but I was never wanting. There are snacks that are not pictured(caramel short bread) and other things purchased. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Now let's hope October is here quickly so I can do it all over again with my husband and my bestie and her family! Look forward to ChrissyLady and my food and wine festival fiesta! Thanks for all of your great comments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter