Complete "stupid head" now HELP !!!

kozmo

kozmo
I haven't been on boards for yrs and nor been to my beloved Disney world for almost 9 yrs ! WOW I cant even navigate the boards any more???? I have heard WDW is so different with the bands ?? Last time I went it cost me over $12,000.00 for 2 rooms meal plan (Grand Floridian) 6 days ,and that was for ,9 adults and 4 kids, and we had a fantastic time,. Now I think that price will double ? is it that different with bands and fast passes ?

is it that different with bands and fast passes ?

The MagicBands don't matter a whit as far as the parks go.
(In effect, you are strapping what amounts to your park ticket, room key, and FP tickets, to your arm.)

But, the advance-booking of FP+ is a major change.
Click HERE and read (and read, and read, and read) about FP+.

My first piece of advice is write down a plan. How many days would you like to go -- which of these days would you dedicate to park days/rest days/etc.? Are your dates flexible or are you limited of when you can travel? Set a budget. If you are wanting to stay in Deluxe hotels, maybe consider renting DVC points. Once you have your plan in place then you can search for each topic in the boards to gain a better understanding of all the changes.

OK ,thanks. What are dvc points ? If I just check in after planning trip ,can I have someone walk me thru(hold my hand) entire new process ?

Pop century is where we stayed when we got there two days early ,loved it,next we want to go to art of animation

If I may recommend, if you have a big group again, consider renting a larger villa at one of the DVC properties. That may be more cost effective and the properties have all the usual amenities. You can still get the meal plan, etc., if you like but having the option to prepare a quick meal back at the villa is nice, especially for breakfast.

Also, the meal plan has changes often, so you may want to check to make sure it still works for you.

As for FastPass, I remember thinking the process was complicated, but it really isn't once you get started. You just need to make sure you set up your account with Disney online so you can pick your attractions. Have fun!

I would love to rent Villas at grand Floridian but , mom is 90 and wont even consider it !Loves Bocha Chica at Grand Floridian, but good thing everyone can rent their own rooms now, bad thing is we all like to be close to each other !hehe

I would love to rent Villas at grand Floridian but , mom is 90 and wont even consider it !Loves Bocha Chica at Grand Floridian, but good thing everyone can rent their own rooms now, bad thing is we all like to be close to each other !hehe
I totally agree with your "confusion" I've been reading articles on and off for weeks and getting totally confused! Last time hubs and I went we just went with the flow and had a wonderful trip - NO pre bookings. This time we are going with family and as our grandson has Special Needs I want to make things as smooth as possible so I am really stressing about not getting ADR's and Fast Passes!

I have heard WDW is so different with the bands ??

I don't think so. You don't even need a band.

Now I think that price will double ?

All you can do is price it out. Assuming doesn't help, and we can't tell you what it will be.

If I just check in after planning trip ,can I have someone walk me thru(hold my hand) entire new process ?

Why not use a TA? I'm the last person to suggest a travel agent, but in your case you might conider it. In fact I'd send you to the sponsors of the boards, Dreams Unlimited. They won't charge you more than Disney will, and they should be of assistance to you.

The hand-holding should really be in booking, and then you can read and read and read here to get more info as you need it.

Well they are on the same big piece of land. :) How close do you need to be? Has your mom looked at the pictures of the villas?

I totally agree with your "confusion" I've been reading articles on and off for weeks and getting totally confused! Last time hubs and I went we just went with the flow and had a wonderful trip - NO pre bookings. This time we are going with family and as our grandson has Special Needs I want to make things as smooth as possible so I am really stressing about not getting ADR's and Fast Passes!

Since your grandson has special needs, DO check out the Disabilities forum here. It could help you immensely in the planning especially with the FPs.

As for ADRs, what do you like to eat and when do people eat (taking time differences into account)? Check out menus on the WDW site, here on wwdinfo.com, and over at allears.net and go from there.

ETA: how did you manage no pre-bookings at all? Your sig shows that you've been just a couple years ago. Even for our first trip in 2010 we needed ADRs to make sure we could eat what we wanted at the time we wanted to.

I find once you need a second room, you can save a lot of money by staying offsite. It shouldn't be pushed aside, when your looking at that many adults and rooms at disney it could very well cut the vacation cost in half if not more.

you might want to consider a travel agent as well.

Deep breath.
Break up your budget.
Decide on your maximum per night budget for lodging.
Start there to look at ALL your options, on and off.
Once you settle on lodging, you can do the rest.

Since your grandson has special needs, DO check out the Disabilities forum here. It could help you immensely in the planning especially with the FPs.

As for ADRs, what do you like to eat and when do people eat (taking time differences into account)? Check out menus on the WDW site, here on wwdinfo.com, and over at allears.net and go from there.

ETA: how did you manage no pre-bookings at all? Your sig shows that you've been just a couple years ago. Even for our first trip in 2010 we needed ADRs to make sure we could eat what we wanted at the time we wanted to.

Thank you for your time and advice! We just ate QS during the day - drove to Bahama Breeze etc some evenings, Disney Springs booked a couple of evenings, walked from POFQ to Boatwrights another night, pizza delivery another night - we were fine!

Can't be that laid back with the littlies I know and we definitely want BOG etc for them so I am trying to do my homework. We will have a vehicle so hubs has told me not to stress and we can always book at a restaurant off site but I'm going to start printing off some sheets and getting my wishes written down.

I've set up my Disney account but it's only showing our room so I am going to telephone to ask how I get my daughters room on there (we are booked as one group 2 rooms).

Thank you again!

I haven't been on boards for yrs and nor been to my beloved Disney world for almost 9 yrs ! WOW I cant even navigate the boards any more???? I have heard WDW is so different with the bands ?? Last time I went it cost me over $12,000.00 for 2 rooms meal plan (Grand Floridian) 6 days ,and that was for ,9 adults and 4 kids, and we had a fantastic time,. Now I think that price will double ? is it that different with bands and fast passes ?
People are right and if it's been nine years, you may also want to look at value. I understand its a huge step down from GF, but you can also look at the suites at Art of Animation. I know you need to take the bus everywhere, but I still think everybody will enjoy it. I have a friend who LOVES the GF, but I'm staying at PoP at first she wasn't too sure, she was even going to book a room at the GF the day before the rest of us arrive and I told her she can't do that. You can't stay at a delux and then then go down, but for me it's just a room, its just a place to put your head at the end of the night. The main part is the parks and the time spent together. Where you put your bags at the beginning of the trip isn't as important as the magic that happens in the middle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter