"Commando" FAMILY WDW VACATION (OCT 1-OCT10) - DAY 6 MNSSHP -Updated w/ pictures

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
Day 6 - Thursday, October 6
Woke up later since we were taking the morning off to rest up for MNSSHP that evening. We had a leisurely breakfast at the POR food court. Very crowded once again. We finally got to stop & smell the roses at our resort. Our pace in Disney thus far had been fast & we were all in need of a break. After breakfast we took a surrey bike ride. They gave us the larger bike since there were 5 of us but the girl there said we might be better with the smaller bike because the larger on weighed 100 lbs more..well she was right! We had a great time doing this & I recommend to anyone staying at POR…lots of fun & you get to see the resort grounds as you ride around the Sassagoula. Off the pool for some cooling down. It had rained a lot on our trip but that morning was just sunny enough to make for a good time in the pool. The water slide there is so much fun. We must have gone on it at least 20 times each. Even my 4 year old loved it. (Of course Daddy or I were there to catch her at the bottom). After the fun in the pool it was time to get dressed for our first MNSSHP. My DH & I wore orange shirts with Mickey on them that I made..got a lot of compliments on them too. Katie was a 20’s flapper, Daniel was a Met baseball player, & Sophie was Snow White. We had dinner reservations (thanks to all the info here on the DIS) at LTT for 5:30pm. After I short wait (& checking people out to see if they were DIS’ers) we were seated. The character interactions & food was great..again another nice server. Unfortunately a young child at the next table threw up all over the place when our dessert came so that was the end of the meal for us. I felt bad for them & knew how they felt because all of my kids have thrown up somewhere in Disneyworld at some point! (1 time almost on Piglet!) It was almost 7 so we joined the party. We got on a few rides, did lots of trick or treating, & saw Snow White & all 7 dwarfs which was cool! The first parade was cancelled due to weather so the second was super packed & we could barely see. We were behind the castle during the fireworks but got some great pictures of the fireworks with Dumbo in the foreground. We didn’t see to many characters since we had seen a lot at dinner & my kids just wanted to get candy. Daniel fell asleep in the stroller by 10pm so my DH & the girls went on a few more rides & then we called it a day. We ended up with over 5lbs of candy!!!

WDW2005-058.jpg

WDW2005-054.jpg

Well, my son vomited 5 times on our trip last week (he has reflux). At least it wasn't my son that ruined *your* dinner. :)

How much did you pay for your taxi from the parks to the hotel? This sounds like a good idea for those nights when the buses are swamped. Are cabs hard to find at the entrance of the parks?

MayMom said:
How much did you pay for your taxi from the parks to the hotel? This sounds like a good idea for those nights when the buses are swamped. Are cabs hard to find at the entrance of the parks?

You can get a cab at the ticket & transport center & also at any resort.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

At least you were nearly finished eating at LTT.

Another great report! My DS was sick behind the bus stop at CSR as we queued to go to Fantasmic (so no Fantasmic for him - or me :sad:), and I was ill at MK one day - lucky there's a lot of restrooms!

We ended up with over 5lbs of candy!!!

So MNSSHP is quite a bargain then :rotfl:

We had 2 cab rides before we picked up our rental car. $5.25 from the WL to the Contemporary... and they are practically next to each other...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter